Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th of December 2003 (Sat)   #1
Ms_Average

Default Canon Ixus problems

Hello,

I've a problem with my canon ixus. When I switch it on, there is no image on the LCD screen, it is black. Other than that, the camera is operating normally. When the images are downloaded to the computer, they too are black. Can anyone help?

Tried battery change, memory card change - to no avail.

Many thanks,

Ms_A
Ms_Average is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 7th of December 2003 (Sun)   #2
acurtis

Default Re: Canon Ixus problems

Ms_A

If it's new, perhaps you could take the camera back. Could be a dud. If it used to work and now doesn't, the camera may need a trip to the digital hospital.

Hope you get it fixed.

Andy
acurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of December 2003 (Mon)   #3
zkosty

Yes, I am having the same trouble, although not all the times. Usually, when I turn the camera on, the LCD is black and so is the picture if I take it. But after taking one or more pictures, or after turning the camera on/off several times, the problems goes away, temporarily. Some other times, my pictures are not black but badly underexposed.
I have had the camera for over a year and this started just a month ago, just days after the warranty expired.
I actually reported the problem on this forum a week ago: see topic occasional black LCD/pictures with S230

Is your camera new or old?

What do we do?

zkosty
zkosty is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 8th of December 2003 (Mon)   #4
atotos

It happened to me once as well, but I discovered I had pressed the display button which makes the screen go blank by mistake while holding the camera!
atotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of February 2013 (Sun)   #5
stinkybob23

Hi, can you tell me which is the display button? i have a cannon ixus i and the screen is black!
stinkybob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of February 2013 (Sun)   #6
Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkybob23 View Post
Hi, can you tell me which is the display button? i have a cannon ixus i and the screen is black!
The Ixus i/SD10 doesn't have a DISP. button. If you can't see any of the setup menus or review previously-taken photos either, the display circuitry is definitely broken. If you can see those, take a look and see if the lens cover is opening. In your case if either of these are true, it's time for a new camera since repairs would cost more than the camera's worth.

Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities

Image Posting Rules
and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote