Thread started 06 Dec 2003 (Saturday) 05:48   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Ms_Average
Hatchling
Joined Dec 2003
1 post
[MORE/SHARE]

Hello,

I've a problem with my canon ixus. When I switch it on, there is no image on the LCD screen, it is black. Other than that, the camera is operating normally. When the images are downloaded to the computer, they too are black. Can anyone help?

Tried battery change, memory card change - to no avail.

Many thanks,

Ms_A

Post #1, Dec 06, 2003 05:48:21

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
acurtis
Joined Nov 2003
158 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Ms_A

If it's new, perhaps you could take the camera back. Could be a dud. If it used to work and now doesn't, the camera may need a trip to the digital hospital.

Hope you get it fixed.

Andy

Post #2, Dec 07, 2003 11:58:42

zkosty
Hatchling
Joined Nov 2002
7 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Yes, I am having the same trouble, although not all the times. Usually, when I turn the camera on, the LCD is black and so is the picture if I take it. But after taking one or more pictures, or after turning the camera on/off several times, the problems goes away, temporarily. Some other times, my pictures are not black but badly underexposed.
I have had the camera for over a year and this started just a month ago, just days after the warranty expired.
I actually reported the problem on this forum a week ago: see topic occasional black LCD/pictures with S230

Is your camera new or old?

What do we do?

zkosty

Post #3, Dec 08, 2003 00:53:17

atotos
Joined Nov 2003
275 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

It happened to me once as well, but I discovered I had pressed the display button which makes the screen go blank by mistake while holding the camera! ;)

Post #4, Dec 08, 2003 17:28:30

stinkybob23
Hatchling
Joined Feb 2013
1 post
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi, can you tell me which is the display button? i have a cannon ixus i and the screen is black!

Post #5, Feb 10, 2013 07:42:22

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,184 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

stinkybob23 wrote in post #15593721external link
Hi, can you tell me which is the display button? i have a cannon ixus i and the screen is black!

The Ixus i/SD10 doesn't have a DISP. button. If you can't see any of the setup menus or review previously-taken photos either, the display circuitry is definitely broken. If you can see those, take a look and see if the lens cover is opening. In your case if either of these are true, it's time for a new camera since repairs would cost more than the camera's worth.

Post #6, Feb 10, 2013 08:31:48

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

LIST NEARBY THREADS
7,075 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Ixus problems
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES