FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk
Thread started 29 Apr 2001 (Sunday) 14:44   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

nahau
Joined Mar 2001
35 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi Pekka,
Is it possible to also provide a link to the "More Message Pages" at the top of the page on the longer threads? I am on a 56k connection (I know..quite archiac!) and it would be nice not to have to load the entire page every time just to get to the point where I can jump to the next page (the Yarc thread for instance). Thanks.
nahau

Post #1, Apr 29, 2001 14:44:52

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Pekka
El General Moderator
Joined Mar 2001
15,694 posts
Hellsinki, Finland
[MORE/SHARE]

Good point. There it is.

BTW: Does anyone want the threads reversed (latest message first?) I think it could be done only globally so perhaps it'll disorient people who has got used to these BBS style forums?

PS. I'm seriously considering purchasing a good forum software called Vbulletin http://www.vbulletin.c​om/external link because they said it could be simplified to this layout. It has some really nice features. But the biggest reason for the change is that this forum is practically unsupported and does way too much MySQL queries and so stresses the server a lot. If anyone could fix this it would be great by it seems that developers has stopped developing this forum software and as it's free no one care to continue....

Big problem 2 is how to migrate one forum to another, as they don't share the database table structure. Oh, well, maybe I'll do it on summer when everyone's out on holidays.

Post #2, Apr 29, 2001 18:17:44

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
Suggested reading:
AMASS version 1.1 is coming soon! CHANGELOG HERE.
ADDING IMAGES TO GALLERY: IF YOUR GEAR/EXIF IS NOT THERE?

nahau
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Mar 2001
35 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi Pekka,
Thanks alot for the quick response! It sure helps "slow" people like myself! :D
nahau

Post #3, Apr 29, 2001 22:50:10

Leo ­ R
Mostly Lurking
Joined Apr 2001
17 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi Pekka. I would prefer reversed.

Leo

Pekka wrote:
BTW: Does anyone want the threads reversed (latest message first?) I think it could be done only globally so perhaps it'll disorient people who has got used to these BBS style forums?

Post #4, Apr 30, 2001 08:00:04

gandini
POTN's April Fool!
Joined Apr 2001
680 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Pekka wrote:

I previously posted a request for reversed messages, so once again, let me reiterate!

cheers,

Post #5, Apr 30, 2001 12:28:37

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,422 views & 0 likes for this thread
More Message pages
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES