Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Forum Feedback' section > Forum Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of April 2001 (Sun)   #1
nahau

Default More Message pages

Hi Pekka,
Is it possible to also provide a link to the "More Message Pages" at the top of the page on the longer threads? I am on a 56k connection (I know..quite archiac!) and it would be nice not to have to load the entire page every time just to get to the point where I can jump to the next page (the Yarc thread for instance). Thanks.
nahau
nahau is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of April 2001 (Sun)   #2
Pekka
El General Moderator

Default Re: More Message pages

Good point. There it is.

BTW: Does anyone want the threads reversed (latest message first?) I think it could be done only globally so perhaps it'll disorient people who has got used to these BBS style forums?

PS. I'm seriously considering purchasing a good forum software called Vbulletin http://www.vbulletin.com/ because they said it could be simplified to this layout. It has some really nice features. But the biggest reason for the change is that this forum is practically unsupported and does way too much MySQL queries and so stresses the server a lot. If anyone could fix this it would be great by it seems that developers has stopped developing this forum software and as it's free no one care to continue....

Big problem 2 is how to migrate one forum to another, as they don't share the database table structure. Oh, well, maybe I'll do it on summer when everyone's out on holidays.

----------------------------
Pekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of April 2001 (Sun)   #3
nahau

Hi Pekka,
Thanks alot for the quick response! It sure helps "slow" people like myself!
nahau
nahau is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of April 2001 (Mon)   #4
Leo R

Default Re: Re: More Message pages

Hi Pekka. I would prefer reversed.

Leo

Quote:
Pekka wrote:
BTW: Does anyone want the threads reversed (latest message first?) I think it could be done only globally so perhaps it'll disorient people who has got used to these BBS style forums?
Leo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of April 2001 (Mon)   #5
gandini
POTN's April Fool!

Quote:
Pekka wrote:
I previously posted a request for reversed messages, so once again, let me reiterate!

cheers,
gandini is offline   Reply With Quote