Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk
Thread started 29 Apr 2001 (Sunday) 14:44
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

More Message pages

nahau
35 posts
Joined Mar 2001
MORE INFO

Hi Pekka,
Is it possible to also provide a link to the "More Message Pages" at the top of the page on the longer threads? I am on a 56k connection (I know..quite archiac!) and it would be nice not to have to load the entire page every time just to get to the point where I can jump to the next page (the Yarc thread for instance). Thanks.
nahau

Apr 29, 2001 14:44

Pekka
El General Moderator
16,350 posts
GALLERY: 24 photos

Joined Mar 2001

Hellsinki, Finland
MORE INFO

Good point. There it is.

BTW: Does anyone want the threads reversed (latest message first?) I think it could be done only globally so perhaps it'll disorient people who has got used to these BBS style forums?

PS. I'm seriously considering purchasing a good forum software called Vbulletin http://www.vbulletin.c​om/external link because they said it could be simplified to this layout. It has some really nice features. But the biggest reason for the change is that this forum is practically unsupported and does way too much MySQL queries and so stresses the server a lot. If anyone could fix this it would be great by it seems that developers has stopped developing this forum software and as it's free no one care to continue....

Big problem 2 is how to migrate one forum to another, as they don't share the database table structure. Oh, well, maybe I'll do it on summer when everyone's out on holidays.

Apr 29, 2001 18:17

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.33 Changelog (installed here now)

nahau
THREAD ­ STARTER
35 posts
Joined Mar 2001
MORE INFO

Hi Pekka,
Thanks alot for the quick response! It sure helps "slow" people like myself! :D
nahau

Apr 29, 2001 22:50

Leo ­ R
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Apr 2001
MORE INFO

Hi Pekka. I would prefer reversed.

Leo

Pekka wrote:
BTW: Does anyone want the threads reversed (latest message first?) I think it could be done only globally so perhaps it'll disorient people who has got used to these BBS style forums?

Apr 30, 2001 08:00

gandini
POTN's April Fool!
680 posts

Joined Apr 2001
MORE INFO

Pekka wrote:

I previously posted a request for reversed messages, so once again, let me reiterate!

cheers,

Apr 30, 2001 12:28

1,606 views & 0 likes for this thread
More Message pages
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO THE FORUMS
Registered members get all the features: search, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, own reviews...

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: By using this site you agree that some cookies will be stored on your browser. For unlogged users we store one session id cookie. For registered members we store (in addition to login session cookie) only cookies that are essential for required functionality. We do not store any personal tracking data in cookies or other browsers' data storage methods.