Thread started 06 Jan 2004 (Tuesday) 20:21   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

DaveG
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2003
2,040 posts
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
[MORE/SHARE]

Here's another Photoshop CS enquiry. I hope no one minds.

Is there an easy way to batch file the metadata information? This would be specifically the IPTC copyright line. It strikes me that the easiest and safest way to make sure everything I do is copywritten would be to just batch every file in a specific folder.

Post #1, Jan 06, 2004 20:21:20

"There's never time to do it right. But there's always time to do it over."
Canon 5D, 50D; 16-35 f2.8L, 24-105 f4L IS, 50 f1.4, 100 f2.8 Macro, 70-200 f2.8L, 300mm f2.8L IS.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Motorsports ­ Photo
Joined Nov 2002
428 posts
NE Ohio
[MORE/SHARE]

Batching

I posted a message asking if there ws ANY way to do this besides manually, and didnt get any good answers.

Maybe this time??

-Pete

Post #2, Jan 07, 2004 17:41:38

Making Racers Look Faster than They Really Are! :)

ilya
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2003
1,042 posts
Princeton, NJ
[MORE/SHARE]

Try this
http://jancology.com ...ion_to_add_copyrigh​t.htmlexternal link

Post #3, Jan 07, 2004 20:53:10

1D Mark II and stuff

Motorsports ­ Photo
Joined Nov 2002
428 posts
NE Ohio
[MORE/SHARE]

Not the right © answer

That action is for putting text on an image. Were looking for a way to battch information to the exif file

-Pete

Post #4, Jan 08, 2004 09:10:33

Making Racers Look Faster than They Really Are! :)

evilenglishman
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2003
1,184 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

--

Post #5, Jan 08, 2004 09:15:03

Click here to view and/or sign the petitionexternal link

sponsored links
GenEOS
Joined Jan 2003
740 posts
Pearland, Texas
[MORE/SHARE]

Just wondering if Breeze Browser can handle this action? I know it does a lot more than I use it for...maybe a BB master can help...

Post #6, Jan 08, 2004 09:18:04

Daniel Tunstall
http://www.dmtphoto.co​mexternal link
Sports Shooter Member
http://www.sportsshoot​er.com/members.html?id​=2474external link

khenn
Joined May 2003
60 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Wait a minute, why not let the camera do it for you...

I have my 10D setup to automatically include the Author and Copyright information with every picture I take. Here's how...

1. Connect your camera to your computer and then start the File Viewer Utility.

2. Choose File -> Camera Settings... from the menu and enter your information.

I am writing these steps from memory as I am at work right now, but I know I did it, and I am pretty sure that this is correct. You can also get to camera settings from within Zoombrowser and the Edit menu, but I'm not sure what settings you can change. I will verify this when I get home, but it should give you a starting point anyway.

Post #7, Jan 08, 2004 12:45:35

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2003
26,804 posts
ABE, PA USA
[MORE/SHARE]

DaveG wrote:
Here's another Photoshop CS enquiry. I hope no one minds.

Is there an easy way to batch file the metadata information? This would be specifically the IPTC copyright line. It strikes me that the easiest and safest way to make sure everything I do is copywritten would be to just batch every file in a specific folder.

Yes. Go into Photoshop's File Browser window and select all the images in a particular folder. Then go into the Metadata panel and click on the Copyright line. You will get a message asking if you want to apply the change to all the images selected, etc. Reply OK. Then start typing your copyright info in the Copyright line. Hit enter when you're done and all your select images will get updated. Your name should already be in the Auther line if you already have your camera set up with it. If not, do the same with the Auther line.

Post #8, Jan 08, 2004 17:10:54

...Leo

khenn
Joined May 2003
60 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

khenn wrote:
I have my 10D setup to automatically include the Author and Copyright information with every picture I take.

Well, I tried to find how I did it last night. I didn't have a lot of time to look and I didn't have any luck finding it either. The File Viewer allows you to enter your name. I'll have to dig around some more. I know I did it, I just can't remember how.

Post #9, Jan 09, 2004 07:14:50

tumble
Joined Jun 2003
43 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

http://www.riecks.com ...togs/copyrightactio​n.htmlexternal link

Not sure if this link will help, I found it when I was looking to add copyright signature to my photos.

Post #10, Jan 09, 2004 07:20:04

khenn
Joined May 2003
60 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

khenn wrote:
khenn wrote:
I have my 10D setup to automatically include the Author and Copyright information with every picture I take.

Well, I tried to find how I did it last night. I didn't have a lot of time to look and I didn't have any luck finding it either. The File Viewer allows you to enter your name. I'll have to dig around some more. I know I did it, I just can't remember how.

OK, I figured it out. It's not on any of the Canon software. If you use Capture One, you can go into preferences and on the "Develop Settings" tab, if you check the "Include EXIF Information" box and enter an "Artist" and "Copyright" below it, it will automatically include it when you develop your images. Not exactly what your looking for but it works nicely if you use C1.

Post #11, Jan 09, 2004 23:00:36

sponsored links

LIST NEARBY THREADS
5,145 views & 0 likes for this thread
Batch file copyright information in Photoshop CS
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES