Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th of January 2004 (Tue)   #1
DaveG
Goldmember

Default Batch file copyright information in Photoshop CS

Here's another Photoshop CS enquiry. I hope no one minds.

Is there an easy way to batch file the metadata information? This would be specifically the IPTC copyright line. It strikes me that the easiest and safest way to make sure everything I do is copywritten would be to just batch every file in a specific folder.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 7th of January 2004 (Wed)   #2
Motorsports Photo

Default Batching

I posted a message asking if there ws ANY way to do this besides manually, and didnt get any good answers.

Maybe this time??

-Pete
Motorsports Photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th of January 2004 (Wed)   #3
ilya

Try this
http://jancology.com/blog/archives/2...copyright.html
Old 8th of January 2004 (Thu)   #4
Motorsports Photo

Default Not the right © answer

That action is for putting text on an image. Were looking for a way to battch information to the exif file

-Pete
Motorsports Photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of January 2004 (Thu)   #5
evilenglishman

--
evilenglishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of January 2004 (Thu)   #6
GenEOS

Just wondering if Breeze Browser can handle this action? I know it does a lot more than I use it for...maybe a BB master can help...
GenEOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of January 2004 (Thu)   #7
khenn

Wait a minute, why not let the camera do it for you...

I have my 10D setup to automatically include the Author and Copyright information with every picture I take. Here's how...

1. Connect your camera to your computer and then start the File Viewer Utility.

2. Choose File -> Camera Settings... from the menu and enter your information.

I am writing these steps from memory as I am at work right now, but I know I did it, and I am pretty sure that this is correct. You can also get to camera settings from within Zoombrowser and the Edit menu, but I'm not sure what settings you can change. I will verify this when I get home, but it should give you a starting point anyway.
khenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of January 2004 (Thu)   #8
PacAce

Default Re: Batch file copyright information in Photoshop CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
Here's another Photoshop CS enquiry. I hope no one minds.

Is there an easy way to batch file the metadata information? This would be specifically the IPTC copyright line. It strikes me that the easiest and safest way to make sure everything I do is copywritten would be to just batch every file in a specific folder.
Yes. Go into Photoshop's File Browser window and select all the images in a particular folder. Then go into the Metadata panel and click on the Copyright line. You will get a message asking if you want to apply the change to all the images selected, etc. Reply OK. Then start typing your copyright info in the Copyright line. Hit enter when you're done and all your select images will get updated. Your name should already be in the Auther line if you already have your camera set up with it. If not, do the same with the Auther line.
PacAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th of January 2004 (Fri)   #9
khenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by khenn
I have my 10D setup to automatically include the Author and Copyright information with every picture I take.
Well, I tried to find how I did it last night. I didn't have a lot of time to look and I didn't have any luck finding it either. The File Viewer allows you to enter your name. I'll have to dig around some more. I know I did it, I just can't remember how.
Old 9th of January 2004 (Fri)   #10
tumble

http://www.riecks.com/forphotogs/copyrightaction.html

Not sure if this link will help, I found it when I was looking to add copyright signature to my photos.
tumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th of January 2004 (Fri)   #11
khenn

Quote:
Quote:
I have my 10D setup to automatically include the Author and Copyright information with every picture I take.
Well, I tried to find how I did it last night. I didn't have a lot of time to look and I didn't have any luck finding it either. The File Viewer allows you to enter your name. I'll have to dig around some more. I know I did it, I just can't remember how.
OK, I figured it out. It's not on any of the Canon software. If you use Capture One, you can go into preferences and on the "Develop Settings" tab, if you check the "Include EXIF Information" box and enter an "Artist" and "Copyright" below it, it will automatically include it when you develop your images. Not exactly what your looking for but it works nicely if you use C1.