Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
Thread started 22 Oct 2006 (Sunday) 23:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Harvest Moon Festival

the.good.life
161 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 22, 2006 23:40 |  #1

Took this shot of Jasmine Trias, the 3rd place finalist on last year's American Idol show. C&C welcome.

http://new.photos.yaho​o.com …oto/29492880335​5007072/43 (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

TGL
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dt-photography/ (external link)
Bodies: 50/BP-50, 20D/BG-E2 ... Lenses: bunch of Canons ... Flashes: 380EX, 580EX ...Remotes: RC1, RC-60E3,TC-80N3 ...

sponsored links
Jim ­ G
I feel thoroughly satisfied
12,253 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Oct 23, 2006 00:33 |  #2

I like it. Well framed, sharp, alright bokeh.

Gear Listhttp://www.codastudios​.com.au (external link) Reviews & Hotlinks: Domke F-3x - Pelican 1510/1514 (external link) & 1610/1614 (external link) - DIY Variable Length OC-E3 - Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home (external link) - FA-100 (external link)

AlexMa
676 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 23, 2006 02:09 as a reply to  @ Jim G's post |  #3

and she is looking right at you to boot.......

Pretty girl!

Gear List

the.good.life
THREAD ­ STARTER
161 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 23, 2006 12:19 |  #4

Thanks guys. Actually it drizzled during her first 2-3 songs, so I have to put away my gear. Missed some oportunities, but what the heck, didn't want to get my gear wet.

TGL
Bodies: 50/BP-50, 20D/BG-E2 ... Lenses: bunch of Canons ... Flashes: 380EX, 580EX ...Remotes: RC1, RC-60E3,TC-80N3 ...

Curtis ­ N
Master Flasher
19,129 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Oct 23, 2006 13:14 |  #5

Outstanding!

Opportunities to shoot performers with lighting and backgrounds that good are extremely rare.

I think there's more room on the left than necessary, but that's a personal taste thing.

"If you're not having fun, your pictures will reflect that." - Joe McNally
Chicago area POTN events (external link)
Flash Photography 101 | The EOS Flash Bible  (external link)| Techniques for Better On-Camera Flash (external link) | How to Use Flash Outdoors| Excel-based DOF Calculator (external link)

MDoc
Goldmember
2,252 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 23, 2006 17:18 |  #6

What A terific capture. Well done - Beautiful.

Ray : "My pictures are only worth 100 words"

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 23, 2006 17:19 |  #7

Very nice. That's what I look like in my wildest dreams! ;) ;)

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, 7D2, SL1, G12, iPad Pro, iPhone 6P, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,382 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 23, 2006 18:27 |  #8

Well, it's a little "portraitized" for Performing Arts, almost looks like Glamor! :-) Very nice image. Maybe you need some Kata camera rain gear!

Dwight McCann
Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio
How I Got Into This Businesshttp://photography-on-the.net …p?p=13157388#po​st13157388

the.good.life
THREAD ­ STARTER
161 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 24, 2006 00:21 |  #9

Curtis N wrote in post #2158340 (external link)
Outstanding!

Opportunities to shoot performers with lighting and backgrounds that good are extremely rare.

I think there's more room on the left than necessary, but that's a personal taste thing.

Curtis,

She was in the center of the frame in the original shot. When I created the frame, it looked a little weird to me (but that's just me), so I experimented and placed it a little off center and see if anyone would comment.

TGL

the.good.life
THREAD ­ STARTER
161 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 24, 2006 00:36 |  #10

DwightMcCann wrote in post #2159640 (external link)
Well, it's a little "portraitized" for Performing Arts, almost looks like Glamor! :-) Very nice image. Maybe you need some Kata camera rain gear!

Dwight,

When I made my way thru the front left of the crowd (stage was elevated like 5 ft), all the photographers we there, so I positioned myself somewhere to the right of the stage and I was the only one there. I have no idea why everyone was at the left side. The sun was to the right of the stage so they were kinda/sorta facing the sun. There were shaded green trees to the left of the stage that I thought at that time will make a better background and bokeh than stage background which had different lighting, that's why the pic didn't look like a stage concert :) .

I didn't come prepared. Left all my plastic bags at home. Didn't think it would rain. Yes, I'm thinking about those Kata rain gear, maybe someday.

TGL

sponsored links

1,596 views & 0 likes for this thread
Harvest Moon Festival
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.