Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th of January 2004 (Fri)   #1
dfrost

Default Convert .avi files to DVD-viewable format?

Is there a method to convert the mini-movies (.avi files) from my G3 into someting I can view from a PC-burned CD played on my DVD?

My new Toshiba SD-V395 DVD/VCR player can handle WMA files, if that helps, and works fine with JPEG's. Notably, this brand of player was the only one that could handle vertical format JPEG's (compared to JVC and Panasonic). The top Sony DVD/VCR model wouldn't even read my CD's.
dfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 16th of January 2004 (Fri)   #2
Vegas Poboy

Go to www.DVDRhelp.com alot of great info on this website.

First hand I was making VCD's which is converting AVI @ stills into MPEG1. The clarity is ok not the best, I recently treated myself to the Plextor 708 External DVD burner & now I'm burning MPEG 2 files which is DVD quality depending on the encoder you use.

Currnetly the software I'm using is Adobe premiere 6.0 for editing & Pinnicle Expressions for Authoring. There is many programs on the market I just chose the two above because I'm trying to become well rounded with Adobe products.

Other programs that I've seen & have used in the past is
Nero
Roxio Easy CD Creations
Proshow is a great one for stills
Pinnicle Studio 7, Version 9 is soon to be released
Ulead DVD Picture Show
Also check out TechTV's website for info they're pretty consumer friendly.
Hopefully this will help
Good Luck
Old 17th of January 2004 (Sat)   #3
PeterS45

Nero converts AVI-files to VCD automatically, but I wonder what the quality will be when you view it on your TV.