Charlotte Photographer?

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 03 Nov 2006 (Friday) 09:10   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

BrittanyElise
Joined Nov 2006
65 posts
I reside in Charlotte, NC, but my home is in Florida!
[MORE/SHARE]

So I'm a Florida girl - born and raised in good ol' St. Petersburg, but I will be getting married in Charlotte, NC on July 7, 2007. It is very difficult to plan a wedding out of state, but I have already contacted a few photographers in Charlotte for my wedding. I'm in the process of becoming a wedding photographer, but obviously I cannot photograph my own wedding, so I'm looking for somebody who "suits my photography needs" if you will. Unfortunately, some of those needs must be within our $1200 budget for photography.

Aside from the actual marriage, the photographer is of utmost importance to our wedding day. So... if any of you awesome people have any references in the Charlotte area, I would so greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks so much!
-Britabean

Post #1, Nov 03, 2006 09:10:19

The ability to capture the inner beauty of a soul is the essence of a true photographer. For anyone can capture outward adornment, but who can capture the inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in God's sight?
-Inspired by 1 Peter 3:3-5

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
sblais
I am silly
Joined Oct 2006
3,532 posts
Ottawa, ON (Canada, eh!)
[MORE/SHARE]

BrittanyElise wrote in post #2210574external link
the photographer is of utmost importance to our wedding day.

Someone has to bring this up. If the photographer is of utmost importance to your wedding day, you'll have to bring out more dough.

I had a professional friend who is starting in the business shooting our wedding. My price range was similar to yours. I had seen some of his previous work before and was amazed by it (good angles, lighting, etc.). It turns out that these were his all-time best images and our wedding pictures turned out to be ok, but nevertheless far from our standards (my wife also joins me in my photography business). Add to the fact that he is a pro, he refuses to sell us the negatives...

I got what I paid for.

Just a thought.

Post #2, Nov 03, 2006 09:22:57

Sebastien
| Gear List |

There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet. -- Admiral William Halsey

BrittanyElise
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2006
65 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

With our circumstances, $1200 is a huge blessing.

I definitely get what you're saying by bringing out the dough. I understand that the 'cream of the crop' photographers will cost me well over $1200, but I am not so much interested in angles, lighting, editing, and whatnot as I am simply capturing the right moment (which is easier said than done.) In fact, the photogs that I'm considering are giving me reproduction rights (I know that upsets some) so I'm sure I'll edit them to my liking anyway.

That's one of the reasons I'm getting into this business... besides my passion of art, I hope to be able to provide high-quality photos at an affordable price.

Thanks for your input, Sebastien.

Post #3, Nov 03, 2006 16:29:17

The ability to capture the inner beauty of a soul is the essence of a true photographer. For anyone can capture outward adornment, but who can capture the inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in God's sight?

Phil ­ V
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2005
1,690 posts
S Yorks UK
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm afraid the kids are in school so we can't come over:)

It's a pity cos we'd have done it for travel and hotel costs, and handed over the high res JPEGs too:oops:

Post #4, Nov 03, 2006 18:22:46

Gear List
website: South Yorkshire Wedding photographer [URL="http://www.philv​aughanphotography.co.u​k/"]in Doncasterexternal link
Twitterexternal linkFacebookexternal link

Rachellebee27
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2006
1,271 posts
Utah
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm with Phil, I won't have kids in school and my hubby is from SC and wants so BADLY to take us back there, but I doubt I'm up to the task quite yet, I'm just getting started.

Post #5, Nov 03, 2006 19:17:26

Kaylene

sponsored links
BrittanyElise
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2006
65 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Phil V wrote in post #2212934external link

It's a pity cos we'd have done it for travel and hotel costs, and handed over the high res JPEGs too:oops:

:eek: What a tease, don't tell me that!!! Hahaha, I'm only kidding. Thank you so much for the incredible offer anyway, Phil!

Post #6, Nov 03, 2006 21:46:40

Scott_Quier
Joined Jul 2006
888 posts
Newport News, VA
[MORE/SHARE]

Phil V wrote in post #2212934external link

It's a bidding war!:lol: I can't afford to do it for travel and lodging, but I can work a deal and I will hand over not only the jpgs, but the RAW as well. I don't need them - it's how I'm pricing my work (when I get the pricing schedule loaded up on my site).

Post #7, Nov 04, 2006 05:49:12

Scott
Operation: Love Reunitedexternal link
Check out my blogexternal link Gear List

stanc30
Joined Jun 2005
129 posts
North Carolina
[MORE/SHARE]

Brittany,

Please check out our site at www.SCraddockPhotograp​hy.comexternal link

If you see what you like send us a private email and let's see if we can put your worries to rest.

Stanley Craddock

Post #8, Nov 04, 2006 11:11:35

www.SCraddockPhotograp​hy.comexternal link

Canon: 30D, 20D, 18-55 f3.5-5.6, 50 f1.8, 70-200L f2.8, 135L f2.0, 1.4x Sigma: 24-70 f2.8, 28-90 f3.5-5.6, 70-300 f4-5.6 Tamron: 17-35 f2.8-4
Stuff: 580 EX, 430 EX, 2x 800W Alien Bees, softboxes, 'brella's, reflectors and DIY's.

stanc30
Joined Jun 2005
129 posts
North Carolina
[MORE/SHARE]

Thank you to those of you who looked at our site and informed me that the Wedding link was not working. ALL IS WELL NOW.

We have just changed hosting sites and found that some of the links needed
"re-refreshing" to activate.

Have a Great Day of shooting,

StanC30

Post #9, Nov 05, 2006 18:49:15

www.SCraddockPhotograp​hy.comexternal link

Canon: 30D, 20D, 18-55 f3.5-5.6, 50 f1.8, 70-200L f2.8, 135L f2.0, 1.4x Sigma: 24-70 f2.8, 28-90 f3.5-5.6, 70-300 f4-5.6 Tamron: 17-35 f2.8-4
Stuff: 580 EX, 430 EX, 2x 800W Alien Bees, softboxes, 'brella's, reflectors and DIY's.

PuR ­ HART
Joined Jan 2005
513 posts
NC
[MORE/SHARE]

PM sent check ur box
I currently live in SC/NC can discuss more with you on your wedding taste and ideas if it sounds good

Post #10, Nov 12, 2006 06:16:55

www.ryancharlesphotogr​aphy.comexternal link
Bodies:
20D and 30D
Lenses: 17-55 2.8IS,70-200 2.8IS,17-85 4-5.6IS,50 1.8,100 2.8
macro

BrittanyElise
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2006
65 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Ok, soo....change of plans - now I'm looking for a Northeast Pennsylvania photographer! If you guys have ANY references, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for an experienced photographer with a good eye for about 5 hours and can give me all of the digital images. I can do all the editing in Photoshop.

Post #11, Nov 28, 2006 19:10:51

sponsored links
Grace
something cute
Joined May 2006
7,629 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

BrittanyElise wrote in post #2326263external link
I'm looking for an experienced photographer with a good eye for about 5 hours and can give me all of the digital images. I can do all the editing in Photoshop.

good luck getting all the files... :confused:

kp

Post #12, Nov 29, 2006 06:32:44

- Grace -

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,423 views & 0 likes for this thread
Charlotte Photographer?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES