Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Weddings and Other Family Events
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd of November 2006 (Fri)   #1
BrittanyElise

Location: I reside in Charlotte, NC, but my home is in Florida!
Question Charlotte Photographer?

So I'm a Florida girl - born and raised in good ol' St. Petersburg, but I will be getting married in Charlotte, NC on July 7, 2007. It is very difficult to plan a wedding out of state, but I have already contacted a few photographers in Charlotte for my wedding. I'm in the process of becoming a wedding photographer, but obviously I cannot photograph my own wedding, so I'm looking for somebody who "suits my photography needs" if you will. Unfortunately, some of those needs must be within our $1200 budget for photography.

Aside from the actual marriage, the photographer is of utmost importance to our wedding day. So... if any of you awesome people have any references in the Charlotte area, I would so greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks so much!
-Britabean
BrittanyElise is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 3rd of November 2006 (Fri)   #2
sblais
I am silly

Default Re: Charlotte Photographer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyElise View Post
the photographer is of utmost importance to our wedding day.
Someone has to bring this up. If the photographer is of utmost importance to your wedding day, you'll have to bring out more dough.

I had a professional friend who is starting in the business shooting our wedding. My price range was similar to yours. I had seen some of his previous work before and was amazed by it (good angles, lighting, etc.). It turns out that these were his all-time best images and our wedding pictures turned out to be ok, but nevertheless far from our standards (my wife also joins me in my photography business). Add to the fact that he is a pro, he refuses to sell us the negatives...

I got what I paid for.

Just a thought.

There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet. -- Admiral William Halsey
sblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd of November 2006 (Fri)   #3
BrittanyElise

With our circumstances, $1200 is a huge blessing.

I definitely get what you're saying by bringing out the dough. I understand that the 'cream of the crop' photographers will cost me well over $1200, but I am not so much interested in angles, lighting, editing, and whatnot as I am simply capturing the right moment (which is easier said than done.) In fact, the photogs that I'm considering are giving me reproduction rights (I know that upsets some) so I'm sure I'll edit them to my liking anyway.

That's one of the reasons I'm getting into this business... besides my passion of art, I hope to be able to provide high-quality photos at an affordable price.

Thanks for your input, Sebastien.
The ability to capture the inner beauty of a soul is the essence of a true photographer. For anyone can capture outward adornment, but who can capture the inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in God's sight?
-Inspired by 1 Peter 3:3-5
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 3rd of November 2006 (Fri)   #4
Phil V

I'm afraid the kids are in school so we can't come over

It's a pity cos we'd have done it for travel and hotel costs, and handed over the high res JPEGs too
Phil V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd of November 2006 (Fri)   #5
Rachellebee27

I'm with Phil, I won't have kids in school and my hubby is from SC and wants so BADLY to take us back there, but I doubt I'm up to the task quite yet, I'm just getting started.

Last edited by Rachellebee27 : 5th of November 2006 (Sun) at 21:23.
Rachellebee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd of November 2006 (Fri)   #6
BrittanyElise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil V View Post

It's a pity cos we'd have done it for travel and hotel costs, and handed over the high res JPEGs too
What a tease, don't tell me that!!! Hahaha, I'm only kidding. Thank you so much for the incredible offer anyway, Phil!
The ability to capture the inner beauty of a soul is the essence of a true photographer. For anyone can capture outward adornment, but who can capture the inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in God's sight?
Old 4th of November 2006 (Sat)   #7
Scott_Quier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil V View Post

It's a bidding war! I can't afford to do it for travel and lodging, but I can work a deal and I will hand over not only the jpgs, but the RAW as well. I don't need them - it's how I'm pricing my work (when I get the pricing schedule loaded up on my site).
Scott_Quier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th of November 2006 (Sat)   #8
stanc30

Brittany,

Please check out our site at www.SCraddockPhotography.com

If you see what you like send us a private email and let's see if we can put your worries to rest.

Stanley Craddock

Canon: 30D, 20D, 18-55 f3.5-5.6, 50 f1.8, 70-200L f2.8, 135L f2.0, 1.4x Sigma: 24-70 f2.8, 28-90 f3.5-5.6, 70-300 f4-5.6 Tamron: 17-35 f2.8-4
Stuff: 580 EX, 430 EX, 2x 800W Alien Bees, softboxes, 'brella's, reflectors and DIY's.

Last edited by stanc30 : 4th of November 2006 (Sat) at 11:14.
stanc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th of November 2006 (Sun)   #9
stanc30

Thank you to those of you who looked at our site and informed me that the Wedding link was not working. ALL IS WELL NOW.

We have just changed hosting sites and found that some of the links needed
"re-refreshing" to activate.

Have a Great Day of shooting,

StanC30
stanc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of November 2006 (Sun)   #10
PuR HART

PM sent check ur box
I currently live in SC/NC can discuss more with you on your wedding taste and ideas if it sounds good
Lenses: 17-55 2.8IS,70-200 2.8IS,17-85 4-5.6IS,50 1.8,100 2.8
macro
PuR HART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of November 2006 (Tue)   #11
BrittanyElise

Ok, soo....change of plans - now I'm looking for a Northeast Pennsylvania photographer! If you guys have ANY references, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for an experienced photographer with a good eye for about 5 hours and can give me all of the digital images. I can do all the editing in Photoshop.
Old 29th of November 2006 (Wed)   #12
Grace
something cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyElise View Post
I'm looking for an experienced photographer with a good eye for about 5 hours and can give me all of the digital images. I can do all the editing in Photoshop.

good luck getting all the files...

kp