FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 20 Nov 2006 (Monday) 23:39   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Jim ­ Arnold
Hatchling
Joined Aug 2003
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I have been having an issue with my EOS-1D (original) firing a 2nd shot when I am in Single Shot mode. This of course plays havoc with my strobes in that the 2nd image is blank, and this is a waste of both already excessive battery use. This happens somewhat frequently but is not predictable. Is this a switch problem or could it be a shutter issue?

Post #1, Nov 20, 2006 23:39:00

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Jim ­ G
I feel thoroughly satisfied
Joined Jun 2005
12,251 posts
Australia.
[MORE/SHARE]

When you say blank do you mean the entire frame is black?

Post #2, Nov 21, 2006 04:02:47

Gear Listhttp://www.codastudios​.com.auexternal link Reviews & Hotlinks: Domke F-3x - Pelican 1510/1514external link & 1610/1614external link - DIY Variable Length OC-E3 - Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Homeexternal link - FA-100external link

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2003
26,804 posts
ABE, PA USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Jim Arnold wrote in post #2292362external link
I have been having an issue with my EOS-1D (original) firing a 2nd shot when I am in Single Shot mode. This of course plays havoc with my strobes in that the 2nd image is blank, and this is a waste of both already excessive battery use. This happens somewhat frequently but is not predictable. Is this a switch problem or could it be a shutter issue?

Are you firing the 2nd shot immediately afer the 1st one? If so, you may not be giving your strobe (or flash) a chance to recharge.

Post #3, Nov 21, 2006 10:25:04

...Leo

Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,206 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Sounds like a switch problem somewhere. Whether it's accidentally putting you in Continuous mode or whether there's a broken circuit that opens and re-closes before you release the shutter, I wouldn't try to say, but if you're only trying for a single shot and are getting 2, that'd be my guess. As you say it's erratic, I'd be more inclined to think that it's a broken circuit in the shutter release path.

Post #4, Nov 21, 2006 12:16:13

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,206 views & 0 likes for this thread
Problem with 2nd shot in Single Shot Mode
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES