Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 21 Nov 2006 (Tuesday) 13:51
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

P.O.T.N. Anonymous

Claire
Ikea Wannabee
8,181 posts
Joined Jan 2004
Gothenburg, Sweden
Nov 21, 2006 13:51 |  #1

Hi,
My name is Claire and I'm a P.O.T.N. addict.

I realised it after having a very strange dream involving posting on the forum. My subscription list is waaay too long and threads have to be unsubscribed at a regular basis. When someone new has posted in the subscribed thread, I can't stop myself from checking "who it was".

This just goes to show that the forum is dangerously addictive and for all you out there that are having the same problem, I've opened a thread for us all to ventilate our thoughts around this addiction.

I will unveil the 12 Step Programme for P.O.T.N. Anonymous within a short time. For now, feel free to introduce yourselves. If you find it hard to be open about it, just take a deep breath, we're all friends here. Do feel free to tell us when you first realised that you had become an addict and how it has affect you.

Welcome to P.O.T.N. Anonymous. ;)

My Photo Website -external link | My Flickr galleryexternal link | Photography Blogexternal link | My Twitter accountexternal link | Become a Fan on Facebookexternal link
"You too, could easily look like that if you had a squad of mad geeks fussing over you with retouching software"

sponsored links
fstop212
470 posts
Joined Jul 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Nov 21, 2006 13:52 |  #2

LOL - Sign me up.

-MasterChief-
- B E L I E V E -
3,188 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Requiem
Nov 21, 2006 13:54 |  #3

hi, my name is roeddel and i am a POTN addict. my "problem" started when i would wake up at midnight just to check who replied to my posts. and even if i didnt have any replies, i would hang and wait for another hour and read other posts. thats when it all went downhill. since being a POTN addict, i have also become an L-coholic. PLEASE HELP ME! :D

"Light travels faster than sound. Which is why people some people appear bright, until you hear them speak..."

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,635 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Nov 21, 2006 14:11 |  #4

Hi, I too am a POTN addict. My addiction started when I discovered how to use the tabs "UserCp" and "NewPosts". I now have a window open whether at work or at home and click to get my fix a couple of times an hour. I use to check the headlines first thing in the morning but now it's right to POTN. I have not sunk to the levels of depravity as some and set POTN to my homepage as that would be the equivalent of living is a cardboard box just to feed your habit, but I have moved up the POTN link so that I do not have to scroll through a bunch of links just to get my daily POTN fix and I fear that homepage is next.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Ronald ­ S. ­ Jr.
Prodigal "Brick" Layer
16,478 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Aug 2005
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Nov 21, 2006 14:14 |  #5

Uh....sorry, wrong room. o_O

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at theirs.

Claire
THREAD ­ STARTER
Ikea Wannabee
8,181 posts
Joined Jan 2004
Gothenburg, Sweden
Nov 21, 2006 14:19 |  #6

Ronald S. Jr. wrote in post #2295093external link

Now, now Ronald. There's no need to be scared. We're all friends here. :)

My Photo Website -external link | My Flickr galleryexternal link | Photography Blogexternal link | My Twitter accountexternal link | Become a Fan on Facebookexternal link
"You too, could easily look like that if you had a squad of mad geeks fussing over you with retouching software"

Anthony ­ J ­ Howe
Cream of the Crop
6,935 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Rhos-on-sea UK
Nov 21, 2006 17:25 |  #7

I'm having side-effects with this addition...
I have bird feathers on my brain, square eyes, backache due to sitting on an office chair instead of a nice comfortable chair, I have the shakes...what I mean is, my fingers are twitching and longing for the computer keyboard.
I have eating disorders because my meal is sitting at the table stone cold, coffee and tea is always drunk stone-cold...please I'm desperate I NEED HELP!

Canon 5D + Canon 20D + Canon EOS 300

85mm EF 1:1.8, 24-105 L usm, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM, Canon 50 mm F1.4 usm Sigma 70-200mm f1.2

Stavhp
Goldmember
2,303 posts
Joined May 2006
UK
Nov 21, 2006 17:31 |  #8

Hi, My name is Stavros
I wake up and come on here, go to school and come on here, go home and come on here.
sOmEoNe HeLp Me

Canon 7D, sigma 17-70, Canon 50mm F1.8, Canon 70-300mm IS
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/stav-p/external link

Grumps ­ Photo
Suffering Keyboard in Mouth desease
2,012 posts
Joined Oct 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Nov 21, 2006 17:35 as a reply to Anthony J Howe's post |  #9

Hi, my name is Jim and I'm known as Jazz.

I've been a member for a couple of years and really don't post all that often. I rarely post photos for comment and rarely comment on others photos, there are just too many good pictures and I'm learning way too much just being an active lurker.

Really though, I don't post much, but I'm here so much it must be an addict:(

but what a sweet addiction:lol:

I don't plan on changing my habits any time soon. Except maybe to post pictures more often (need to be less critical of myself)

POTN Rules. An addiction that does not add weight:lol:

If I keep POTN (sounds like Poutine, eh?) up all the time, does that mean I'm mainlining:confused:

Grumps
(aka Jim or JAZZ D.P.G.)
1DsMKIII, 1DMKIII, T6s, D60, L's, DO, USM, other lens, flashes, studio gear (but no studio!) Olympus TG3
grumpsphoto.com

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
Joined Feb 2006
Michigan-U.S.A.
Nov 21, 2006 22:08 |  #10

Claire wrote in post #2294982external link
Hi,
My name is Claire and I'm a P.O.T.N. addict.

I will unveil the 12 Step Programme for P.O.T.N. Anonymous within a short time.... ;)

Ronald S. Jr. wrote in post #2295093external link

I'm sure the first step is admitting that you're an addict.:)

My Gear

300Dplus
355 posts
Joined Dec 2004
Miami, Florida
Nov 21, 2006 23:31 |  #11

Hi, my name is Tom and I am a POTN' holic. It all started about two years ago, I was going thru a low point in my life. I had no inspiration. My pictures were dull. I was lonely, weak and desperate. Going from forum to forum gave no hope. Then I found this bar...err..forum and I started to come back to it more often than not. A little bit more each day. And then, the moment I started having breakfast on my computer desk, I realised I had an addiction... I'm ashamed, please help!

Tom

POTN Strap :D
Canon 5D MKII
Canon~Tamron

joegolf68
Goldmember
3,269 posts
Joined Nov 2005
Sacramento CA area
Nov 21, 2006 23:35 |  #12

I'm no addict, I'm no addict. Now go get me that BHphoto catalog. I want to take a picture of that river, what's it called, De Nial?

On to the next thread, got to read them all! I am not an addict, repeat.............

Gear List
:D Peace be upon you :D

Carzee
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2005
Canberra
Nov 21, 2006 23:45 |  #13

Hi, I'm Ross. I thought this was the Jenny Craig room.
[Backs away slowly toward door]

Having a bad day? Feeling down? Bantar Gebang Attitude Enhancement Imagesexternal link

EOSAddict
Book Committee Immortal
6,088 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Preston, Lancashire, England
Nov 22, 2006 03:09 |  #14

Hmmmm,

A distinct absence of the 'usual suspects' in here leads me to believe people are not able to face the truth.

Al
My Gear, My Website: www.endofthetrailphoto​graphy.com (external link)

Pete
Cream of the Crop
38,607 posts
Joined Jul 2006
Nov 22, 2006 03:13 |  #15

I'll stop reading POTN the day I run out of money and can't afford any more lenses/accessories...

Pete
UK SE Catch of the Day

sponsored links

5,560 views & 0 likes for this thread
P.O.T.N. Anonymous
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.