Thread started 23 Nov 2006 (Thursday) 20:26   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

saravrose
"I quit smoking dope"
Joined Aug 2005
9,562 posts
Between here and there
[MORE/SHARE]

I swear this is true.. there I am on a little row boat out in a lake.. i'm assuming it was my lake but it could be any lake.. and somehow I have half a dozen camera bags with me.. they are everybody's camera bags.. some are point and shoots, some are DSLR's. In the dream I'm in charge of keeping them safe on the lake because of the whole, water/row boat situation..
there I am sitting there pleased with myself because all of the camera bags are fine and everything is going to reach the other side of the lake in perfect condition.. We get off the boat and I walk into my bar in my resort my perfectly stocked bar and everybody is eating peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches (which i'm in charge of preparing while the chef's watch football).. and pretty soon all of my co-workers show up for the camera bags and the pile of bags start to dwindle.. and then, when the last bag has been returned to it's owner I realize mine is gone.. all gone. No more camera for Sari. and it's either on the other side of the lake, in the row boat, at the bottom of the lake or one of the peanutbutter and jelly sandwich eaters has stolen it or hiding it because they know i'm anal about my kit..
Now, In the dream I call the dishwashers three teenage daughters because I can't leave to go look for my kit and I can pay them to find it for me.. I offer something like a hundred dollars.. and they say yes they'll find it but their laughing and speaking in spanish so I don't know if they are laughing at me or something else.. and it's driving me crazy... and like all really weird nightmares it woke me up at about 4:30... my first consious thought was that I should look for a 5D online.. and then it occured to me that it was just a really weird dream, not funny but weird.. and I pretty much stayed awake the rest of the night...

But I can't even begin to break that down as to what the heck it might mean or why?.. mostly I think I was just tired.. or maybe wanting another camera?.. or just sick of my job.. or I should really stop eating peanut butter and blackberry jam toast for breakfast every day...

sari

Post #1, Nov 23, 2006 20:26:56

Canon 30D BG_E2 Grip Rebel XT BG-E3 battery grip
Canon 50mm f1.8 Tamron 17-50 f2.8
Canon 70-200f4.0L 100-400L aka (Chuck)
a couple of bags and a lot of big ideas
"The shot is in my head before it's in front of my camera...."

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Ronald ­ S. ­ Jr.
Prodigal "Brick" Layer
Joined Aug 2005
16,190 posts
Sayre, Pennsylvania
[MORE/SHARE]

The dream is a sign. It means you have to make your XT disappear and a brand new 5D appear. ;-)a 8)

Post #2, Nov 23, 2006 20:30:54

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at theirs.

saravrose
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I quit smoking dope"
Joined Aug 2005
9,562 posts
Between here and there
[MORE/SHARE]

Ronald S. Jr. wrote in post #2305477external link
The dream is a sign. It means you have to make your XT disappear and a brand new 5D appear. ;-)a 8)

LOL.. I can't justify the purchase of a 5D because of a nightmare...can I?

Post #3, Nov 23, 2006 20:42:03

Ronald ­ S. ­ Jr.
Prodigal "Brick" Layer
Joined Aug 2005
16,190 posts
Sayre, Pennsylvania
[MORE/SHARE]

If you have the money, you can. If your XT is giving you nightmares, for heavens sakes, get rid of it! The 5D is cheaper than ever. I've seen used ones going on FM for $1900. That's absolutely insane. I paid $2900 a few months ago for mine. Hell..if you have the money to front, you can get a brand new one for $2100 after rebates. The IQ from the 5D is the best I've seen. The ISO performance is unbeatable. You may have to trade a lens or two pending the purchase, but hey..

It seems you've earned it, eh Sari?

Post #4, Nov 23, 2006 20:50:35

saravrose
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I quit smoking dope"
Joined Aug 2005
9,562 posts
Between here and there
[MORE/SHARE]

Ronald S. Jr. wrote in post #2305563external link
If you have the money, you can. If your XT is giving you nightmares, for heavens sakes, get rid of it! The 5D is cheaper than ever. I've seen used ones going on FM for $1900. That's absolutely insane. I paid $2900 a few months ago for mine. Hell..if you have the money to front, you can get a brand new one for $2100 after rebates. The IQ from the 5D is the best I've seen. The ISO performance is unbeatable. You may have to trade a lens or two pending the purchase, but hey..

It seems you've earned it, eh Sari?

bad influence.. someday.. hey, in six months just think how cheap it's going to be...;) ;)

Post #5, Nov 23, 2006 21:00:40

sponsored links
Ronald ­ S. ­ Jr.
Prodigal "Brick" Layer
Joined Aug 2005
16,190 posts
Sayre, Pennsylvania
[MORE/SHARE]

Yeah, but then, there'll be something else out at $3k that will make you want to wait, and there you go all over again. Get it when you can. It's a hell of a camera.

Post #6, Nov 23, 2006 21:04:51

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2006
11,108 posts
St. Augustine, FL by way of NY.
[MORE/SHARE]

Weird nightmare. Great camera. I sold my 20D a while ago, and waited for a good deal. Ended up paying the taxes on it...but, oh well...double rebates will be in soon enough...then, I will go buy a new lens.

I think you should 'consciously' stop dreaming...hehe!

Post #7, Nov 23, 2006 21:12:10

MCSquaredexternal link on Flickr
MCSquared on Facebookexternal link
MCSquared Photography
My name: Manish.

kram
obvious its pointless
Joined Feb 2005
2,603 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hug the camera bag when you sleep - should help you with such nightmares :)

Good job on taking care of all the bags btw - I will trust you with mine if ever we have to cross a lake.....

And yeah, just get the 5D - the price drop is quite insane. Few month back, I didnt have to worry about the temptation....but now, its just there, I can see it.

Post #8, Nov 23, 2006 21:12:17

Canon 7D , Canon 6D, 100-400 L, 24-105 F4 L, 50 F1.4, Tokina 12-24 F4, Kenko Teleplus Pro DG 1.4X Extender
My Galleryexternal link

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

Weird dream.

saravrose wrote in post #2305458external link
or I should really stop eating peanut butter and blackberry jam toast for breakfast every day...

Yes that must be it ;)

Ohh btw yesterday when I checked the price on 5D it had dropped $170 since tuesday (here in Denmark that is).

Post #9, Nov 24, 2006 00:24:18

EDITING OF MY PHOTOS IS NOT ALLOWED
Best Regards Tommy
My Photosexternal link -=- about.meexternal link -=- My Facebook, if you add me please send me a pm alsoexternal link
GAPS Africa I 2007 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa II 2008 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa IV 2011 photosexternal link -=- GAPS = Great African Photo Safari

saravrose
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I quit smoking dope"
Joined Aug 2005
9,562 posts
Between here and there
[MORE/SHARE]

tommykjensen wrote in post #2306280external link
Weird dream.

Yes that must be it ;)

Ohh btw yesterday when I checked the price on 5D it had dropped $170 since tuesday (here in Denmark that is).

you too tommy.. not going to buy that camera right now but, funny how that was the first thing I thought of before I was fully awake.. and how very creepy real it was.. and that I remembered it, and that it was scary enough to keep me from going back to sleep.. Besides, losing my body wouldn't be the end of the world but losing my lenses, memory, filters and all those extras that add up.. that would really truly suck... the worst part is that I don't know if the camera ever showed up again.. and I don't really want to go back to the dream to find out... and the 5D will still be around in six months or next year if I wait until after Africa to go full frame... we shall see...

sari

Post #10, Nov 24, 2006 02:02:45

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

Hehe I am not dreaming about 5D in my sleep. Maybe daydreaming :lol: but am considering to get one. If I do I just am not sure if I should get the kit with the 24-105 f/4 IS lens.

Post #11, Nov 24, 2006 02:09:02

Best Regards Tommy
My Photosexternal link -=- about.meexternal link -=- My Facebook, if you add me please send me a pm alsoexternal link
GAPS Africa I 2007 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa II 2008 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa IV 2011 photosexternal link -=- GAPS = Great African Photo Safari

sponsored links
saravrose
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I quit smoking dope"
Joined Aug 2005
9,562 posts
Between here and there
[MORE/SHARE]

tommykjensen wrote in post #2306517external link
Hehe I am not dreaming about 5D in my sleep. Maybe daydreaming :lol: but am considering to get one. If I do I just am not sure if I should get the kit with the 24-105 f/4 IS lens.

oh no!! and you're even giving me links... tommy, you are worse than Ron... that 24-105 would cancel out my tammy which I won't be able to use anyway.. and anything on the wide end i'll want the full frame for anyway.... No!!. seriously.. after tax time and I get my next 'picture money' from the resort then I will start exploring the world of second bodies...

Post #12, Nov 24, 2006 02:13:50

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

Nah I don't keep buying and selling my 24-70 f/2.8 ;) (sorry Ron can't help it :) )

Post #13, Nov 24, 2006 02:17:21

Best Regards Tommy

saravrose
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I quit smoking dope"
Joined Aug 2005
9,562 posts
Between here and there
[MORE/SHARE]

tommykjensen wrote in post #2306538external link
Nah I don't keep buying and selling my 24-70 f/2.8 ;) (soory Ron can't help it :) )

Ron needs a new sig.. 'Canon's Used Car Salesman'...

Post #14, Nov 24, 2006 02:18:45

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
Joined Mar 2003
12,151 posts
Hamilton, New Zealand
[MORE/SHARE]

saravrose, I have found a place to help ya out :)

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=242450

do be warned tho, you might end up not spend so much time here. :)

Post #15, Nov 24, 2006 03:05:42

Mark

LIST NEARBY THREADS
873 views & 0 likes for this thread
So, I had a dream last night..
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES