Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd of December 2006 (Sat)   #1
Tee Why
"Monkey's uncle"

Default Canon 85mm f1.8 vs Tokina 100mm macro tested

Well, again, I borrowed my friend's Canon 85mm f1.8 and tested it against my Tokina 100mm f2.8 ATX ProD macro lens. I shot in RAW, no UV filter, hoods placed, and with shutter speed high enough to prevent camera shake. I converted to JPEG in DPP with neutral picture style.

First thing I noticed is that the toke has noticably more contrast and the Canon has noticably more CA. I think the toke is a bit sharper, but nothing normal processing couldn't compensate for.

comments welcome.
http://tomyi.smugmug.com/gallery/2197033

Tee Why is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member

Posting Rules