Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

 
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 13 Feb 2004 (Friday) 15:52
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Surfer and shark in wave photograph

 
minicooper
Member
103 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Southern England
MORE INFO

I keep getting told about these (apparently) fantastic set of photos that have been going around via email. One of the pictures is of a surfer surfing on a wave, and there is a shape of a shark in the wave right behind him. Another photo has a person holding out their hands, and it looks as if they are holding the sun. I really want to see these pics! Does anyone have them? If so, please forward them to me!!

my email is: tombellchambers<at>hotmail.com

cheers!!

Tom
UK

Feb 13, 2004 15:52



LOG IN TO REPLY
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
neil_r's Avatar
18,065 posts

Joined Jan 2003

The middle of the UK
MORE INFO

Not a shark, a dolphin

Not a shark, it's a dolphin. It's in your e-mail

N

Feb 13, 2004 15:57

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Siteexternal link - Video Siteexternal link - Blog -external linkGear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

LOG IN TO REPLY
minicooper
THREAD ­ STARTER
Member
103 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Southern England
MORE INFO

Wow, either way a great image. Do you know who it is by?

Cheers Neil!

Tom
Hampshire

Feb 13, 2004 16:02



LOG IN TO REPLY
motophoto
Member
63 posts
Joined Dec 2003
MORE INFO

aww, c'mon share the picture!!!

Feb 13, 2004 16:21

Various Canon Gear.

LOG IN TO REPLY
ilya
Goldmember
ilya's Avatar
1,042 posts

Joined Sep 2003

Princeton, NJ
MORE INFO

Kurt Jones
http://www.kurtjones.c​om/main.htmexternal link

Good guy, hangs out in the sports forum at miranda

Feb 13, 2004 16:23

1D Mark II and stuff

LOG IN TO REPLY
CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
CyberDyneSystems's Avatar
42,444 posts
GALLERY: 47 photos

Joined Apr 2003

Rhode Island USA
MORE INFO

Kurt is a spectacular Surf photog.. and a great guy in General. :)

Feb 13, 2004 16:27

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photographyexternal link

LOG IN TO REPLY
MidKnight
Member
47 posts
Joined Dec 2003
MORE INFO

posted. i have another one of a shark jumping from the water to get a diver under a helicoptor, but can't seem to find that one atm.

Feb 13, 2004 17:41



LOG IN TO REPLY
motophoto
Member
63 posts
Joined Dec 2003
MORE INFO

MidKnight wrote:
posted. i have another one of a shark jumping from the water to get a diver under a helicoptor, but can't seem to find that one atm.


Yeah, ive seen that one. I thought that one was a fake

Feb 13, 2004 17:46

Various Canon Gear.

LOG IN TO REPLY
PacAce
Cream of the Crop
PacAce's Avatar
26,804 posts

Joined Feb 2003

ABE, PA USA
MORE INFO

motophoto wrote:
MidKnight wrote:
posted. i have another one of a shark jumping from the water to get a diver under a helicoptor, but can't seem to find that one atm.


Yeah, ive seen that one. I thought that one was a fake

Yeah, it was!

Feb 13, 2004 17:51

...Leo

LOG IN TO REPLY
spock84
Member
108 posts
Joined Feb 2004
MORE INFO

:shock: That's a big dolphin. Cool.

Feb 13, 2004 17:56



LOG IN TO REPLY
PacAce
Cream of the Crop
PacAce's Avatar
26,804 posts

Joined Feb 2003

ABE, PA USA
MORE INFO

spock84 wrote:
:shock: That's a big dolphin. Cool.

Actually it's just an optical illusion caused by the bending of the light as it passes the water layer to the air layer. The actual size of the dolphin is about a foot in length.

:mrgreen:

Oh! You guys are talking about the mammal dolphin! I though you were talking about the fish dolphin. :oops:

:lol:

Feb 13, 2004 18:17

...Leo

LOG IN TO REPLY
Sketcher
Senior Member
513 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Minnesota
MORE INFO

Shark stuff

Here's some more Shark Stuff.

http://www.sharkdiving​unlimited.com/pages/ga​llery.htmlexternal link

Here's some [Crazy] Great White stuff here:

http://www.sharkdiving​unlimited.com/gallery/​ralfkiefner.htmlexternal link

Feb 14, 2004 09:51

It is what it is...

LOG IN TO REPLY
motophoto
Member
63 posts
Joined Dec 2003
MORE INFO

Sketcher wrote:
Here's some more Shark Stuff.

http://www.sharkdiving​unlimited.com/pages/ga​llery.htmlexternal link

Here's some [Crazy] Great White stuff here:

http://www.sharkdiving​unlimited.com/gallery/​ralfkiefner.htmlexternal link

Thanks Crazy :shock:

I dont think that I can ever have that much courage!

Feb 14, 2004 14:09

Various Canon Gear.

LOG IN TO REPLY
Sketcher
Senior Member
513 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Minnesota
MORE INFO

motophoto wrote:
Sketcher wrote:
Here's some more Shark Stuff.

http://www.sharkdiving​unlimited.com/pages/ga​llery.htmlexternal link

Here's some [Crazy] Great White stuff here:

http://www.sharkdiving​unlimited.com/gallery/​ralfkiefner.htmlexternal link

Thanks Crazy :shock:

I dont think that I can ever have that much courage!

:) eh, I don't know that I'd call that courage! Swimming with Great White Sharks... I thought they were photoshop edited at first but nope - thems real :shock:

Feb 14, 2004 21:11

It is what it is...

LOG IN TO REPLY
agit-prop
Member
132 posts
Joined Apr 2002
MORE INFO

PacAce wrote:
spock84 wrote:
:shock: That's a big dolphin. Cool.

Actually it's just an optical illusion caused by the bending of the light as it passes the water layer to the air layer. The actual size of the dolphin is about a foot in length.

:mrgreen:

Oh! You guys are talking about the mammal dolphin! I though you were talking about the fish dolphin. :oops:

:lol:

Thanks...

How should I clean coffee from the screen and keyboard of my laptop?

Feb 16, 2004 11:15



LOG IN TO REPLY
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

19,239 views & 0 likes for this thread
Surfer and shark in wave photograph
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO THE FORUMS
Registered members get all the features: search, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, own reviews...




Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: By using this site you agree that some cookies will be stored on your browser. For unlogged users we store one session id cookie. For registered members we store (in addition to login session cookie) only cookies that are essential for required functionality. We do not store any personal tracking data in cookies or other browsers' data storage methods.

POWERED BY AMASS 1.33version 1.33
made in Finland
by Pekka Saarinen
for photography-on-the.net
Spent 0.00135 for 4 database queries.
PAGE COMPLETED IN 0.02s
Latest registered member is PJJ205
568 guests, 577 members online
Simultaneous users record so far is 5175, that happened on Jun 16, 2015