Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th of February 2004 (Sat)   #1
slza805

Default S400 Newbie... some indoor pics pointers?

Great forum here but I do have a question. This is my first digicam and would like to say CANON made a great product. All of my outside photos have been great.

The problem I get is when I take indoor pics during the evening with regular indoor light my pictures come either too dark without the flash or too bright with the flash.

I am still learning so please bear with me if this is a easy fix. Thanks and I am still continuing to learn.
slza805 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 14th of February 2004 (Sat)   #2
morim

Well this works wit A80.

If you are using program(P) mode you can change the exposure.
press func then exp +.5 -> +1 without the flash or
-.5 -> -1 with flash.

Do you have any bright lights in the background? Try to use "spot" metering on the main target to get an accurate exposure...

/morim
morim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of February 2004 (Sat)   #3
platinumdoc

One thing that helps me is using manual mode and adjusting the white balance for the lighting. Another thing is changing the settings on flash: Auto versus twilight mode ? seems to work. Changing the ISO also helps with the sensitivity of the light. Lastly, you can change the metering from Ave metering, spot, and 9 point to get the result. All I usually do is experiment.... That's what is so nice about digital. You're only limited by battery life and space on the card.
platinumdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member