Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 09 Jan 2007 (Tuesday) 06:00
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

UPDATE - My 24-70MM Lens Is Stuck on My dRebel XT

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Jan 09, 2007 06:00 |  #1

I just got my dRebel XT & 24-70MM EF L lens back from Canon last night. It was delivered to my office after I left yesterday so I didn't get a chance to get to it until this moringing.

First of all...it is fixed...yea :lol:

Repairs were at no cost to me..."Repaired: Mount Lock Pin. Re-adjusted to insure fine tuining." Camera was cleaned as well.

The camera and lens came back well packed with no movement in the box when I shook it.

I just tested it with a couple of photos and it works just fine. I mounted and unmounted the lens twice and the locking mechanism is smooth as silk.

I FEDEXed it to Canon's NYC Reapir Center on 27 DEC 2006 and I got it back on 8 JAN 2007 for a 13 day turnaround and this over the New Year Holiday weekend.

I an a very happy camper. Kudos to Canon's NYC Service Center :lol:

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005
Northern VA
Jan 09, 2007 06:13 |  #2

I think it's the NJ one, but yes, they are very good. I think the Canon service centers want fast turn around anyway because they must have a million orders lying around. I got my 24-70 back and it was much better and really clean. I think I may send in my 10D for cleaning sometime. It's worth the fee. Congrats and shoot some ducks now!

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, 7D2, SL1, G12, iPad Pro, iPhone 6P, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

JimAskew
THREAD ­ STARTER
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Jan 09, 2007 06:45 |  #3

SuzyView wrote in post #2512439external link
I think it's the NJ one, but yes, they are very good. I think the Canon service centers want fast turn around anyway because they must have a million orders lying around. I got my 24-70 back and it was much better and really clean. I think I may send in my 10D for cleaning sometime. It's worth the fee. Congrats and shoot some ducks now!

Suzie,

Good Morning :)

I sent it to Canon Repair Service, 45-19B 162nd Street, Flushing, NY 11358.

It came back from Canon U.S.A., Inc, Factory Service Center, 100 Jamesburg Road, Jamesburg, NJ 08831.

Go figure?

I got the shipping address directly from Canon's online Help person and it is also the address on their web site. They must have a drop off that is different from the Repair Center?

But it came back all repaired...that's what counts :)

Ducks this weekend :)

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004
Bethesda, MD USA
Jan 09, 2007 08:17 |  #4

My DSLR stuff's always (well, 3 times) gone to Jamesburg, and always come back in about 10 days door to door.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

2,152 views & 0 likes for this thread
UPDATE - My 24-70MM Lens Is Stuck on My dRebel XT
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.