Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 09 Jan 2007 (Tuesday) 20:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

STICKY: Too many TLAs!!! (A Compilation of Photographic Acronyms)

offevytaf
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Bulgaria
Dec 16, 2009 19:15 |  #196

Too many TLAs A Compilation of Photographic Acronyms

That syntax is surprisingly similar to the old visual basic days. I havent learned Lua since I havent found a need to. I havent run into a project or situation where using Lua would be appropriate where there wasnt another language available I was more familiar with &/or there wasnt already another language in use/selected for the project.

What is a good business use-case for using Lua in place of a similar language Im not really sure what Lua would be best used for...I guess that is what Im really asking?

sponsored links
Phil ­ Light
THREAD ­ STARTER
"manly fragrance,.. involuntarily celibate"
2,216 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Phil Light.
Jan 31, 2016 09:36 |  #197

Hooray! It's open again!!! This thread has been locked for several years and no one really seemed to even remember why. I was disappointed because I intended it to be a living document. HOWEVER, thanks to Martin Dixon for requesting that it be opened back up, and CDS for opening it for me, it is ready once again to be edited and kept current. So, please feel free to post any suggestions for additions, deletions or corrections. I will do my best to keep it as accurate and comprehensive as I can. My first order of business was to remove the reference to CS4 as being Adobe's latest version of Photoshop :lol: I hope this list becomes/remains the best list of photography-related acronyms on the web.

As a reminder, I want to keep the list limited to acronyms and terms related to photography, and/or this forum. Its purpose is to help anyone, especially those new to the forum to keep up with some of the abbreviations used here. In other words, no generic terms such as LOL, AFAIK, etc.

Please disregard all opinions in this post
Gear

Martin ­ Dixon
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
Ealing
Aug 19, 2016 02:13 |  #198

MFA - Micro Focus Adjust

flickrexternal link Editing OKexternal link

tonylong
...winded
54,592 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Vancouver, WA USA
Aug 26, 2016 00:16 |  #199

Martin Dixon wrote in post #18099714 (external link)
MFA - Micro Focus Adjust

LMAO!!! :)

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBaseexternal link
Wildlife project pics hereexternal link, Biking Photog shoots hereexternal link, "Suburbia" project hereexternal link! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics hereexternal link

Inspeqtor
Chuckmeister? Really people??
Joined Mar 2008
Elkhart, Indiana
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Inspeqtor.
Aug 26, 2016 07:13 |  #200

tonylong wrote in post #18106685 (external link)
Martin Dixon wrote in post #18099714 (external link)
MFA - Micro Focus Adjust

LMAO!!! :)

??? What am I not understanding here?

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II *** iOptron 3302W Star Tracker

Martin ­ Dixon
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
Ealing
Aug 26, 2016 07:44 as a reply to Inspeqtor's post |  #201

not just me then!

flickrexternal link Editing OKexternal link

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,014 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Wilt.
Aug 26, 2016 09:12 |  #202

Phil Light wrote in post #5247929 (external link)
Amazing! hard to believe it's gone on this long without that one. Even though it's not technically a photographic term I still think I should add it.

It's hard to believe that this thread has gone on 14 pages, yet no one had list two acronyms that live in all of our Canon dSLRs and affect our flash shots!...

• AFR Auto Flash Reduction
  • NEVEC Negative Evaluative Exposure Compensation

and has anyone else listed...

• ETTR Expose To The Right

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

quadwing
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Nov 03, 2016 22:26 |  #203

C1 - Capture One Pro.

Camera gear: Sony A7R II | Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L II | Lights: Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed AS

sponsored links

97,026 views & 1 like for this thread
Too many TLAs!!! (A Compilation of Photographic Acronyms)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.