printing with elements 3

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 29 Jan 2007 (Monday) 19:41   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

boomer3297
Joined Jan 2006
359 posts
new jersey
[MORE/SHARE]

I have a 10x14 file and everytime I try to print on 4x6 with tab the photo is off center.
Can anyone give me the proper workflow to have maximum control over the quality of the output? I'm used to using paintshop pro 8. It's alittle different.

Thanks for your help!

Post #1, Jan 29, 2007 19:41:39

Mike
Canon XTI
Tamron 17-50, Canon 70-200mm f4 L, Sigma 10-20, Canon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300 APO(for sale)
My Flickr: http://flickr.com/phot​os/boomer3297/external link

My Blog: external linkwww.mattafoto.wordpres​s.comexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
rw2
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2006
4,201 posts
North Dakota
[MORE/SHARE]

If I'm going to print a 4x6 I will crop the picture in elements 3 using the preset 4x6 setting. Then go to print. When you go to the page setup I use the 4x6 index card and not the 4 x 6 with tab. I print using a canon 8500. Once I am in that printers properties I need to set the type of paper I'm using and also the size(4x6). Once done I will usually undo crop before closing the picture in case I want to print a different size of the same picture later.

Post #2, Jan 29, 2007 20:38:06

If you're afraid of failure ... you'll never succeed!
Rob

davidcrebelxt
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2006
3,003 posts
Missouri, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Also, if you are printing borderless... you may need to check the print driver setting to adjust the amount of "overspray" --sorry, can't think of the right term :)

When I set mine to the lowest amount on my Canon printer, it would appear to print off-center... I just bumped that setting up until it was truly borderless.

Post #3, Jan 30, 2007 12:16:54

David C.
Equipment: Canon Dig. Rebel XT; 18-55mm EF-S; 28-105mm EF; 50mm 1.8 EF
Sigma ef-500 DG ST, Elements, Gimp, Lightroom
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dcrebelxtexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
475 views & 0 likes for this thread
printing with elements 3
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES