Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of January 2007 (Mon)   #1
boomer3297

Default printing with elements 3

I have a 10x14 file and everytime I try to print on 4x6 with tab the photo is off center.
Can anyone give me the proper workflow to have maximum control over the quality of the output? I'm used to using paintshop pro 8. It's alittle different.

Thanks for your help!
My Flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/boomer3297/

My Blog: www.mattafoto.wordpress.com

boomer3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of January 2007 (Mon)   #2
rw2
Goldmember

Default Re: printing with elements 3

If I'm going to print a 4x6 I will crop the picture in elements 3 using the preset 4x6 setting. Then go to print. When you go to the page setup I use the 4x6 index card and not the 4 x 6 with tab. I print using a canon 8500. Once I am in that printers properties I need to set the type of paper I'm using and also the size(4x6). Once done I will usually undo crop before closing the picture in case I want to print a different size of the same picture later.
rw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of January 2007 (Tue)   #3
davidcrebelxt
Goldmember

Default Re: printing with elements 3

Also, if you are printing borderless... you may need to check the print driver setting to adjust the amount of "overspray" --sorry, can't think of the right term

When I set mine to the lowest amount on my Canon printer, it would appear to print off-center... I just bumped that setting up until it was truly borderless.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcrebelxt
davidcrebelxt is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member