Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 31 Jan 2007 (Wednesday) 08:43
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

How non-media photo friendly is Sebring?

marlinspike
145 posts
Joined Jan 2005
Hampton, VA
Jan 31, 2007 08:43 |  #1

Subject line sorta says it all. Are the 12 hours of Sebring like the Rolex 24 at Daytona in that the stands are essentially empty and you can walk anywhere? Can you get close to the fence without a media pass?
Thanks,
Richard

Canon 20D - Canon 5D - 17-40 f/4L - 70-200 f/2.8L - Nikon to EOS adapter
Nikon FM2n - Nikon F3HP - 20 f/2.8 AIS - 35 f/2.0 AIS - ZF 50 1.4 - 105 f/2.5 AIS
Stealth Reporter 400 aw - olive Hadley Pro

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
Joined Sep 2005
The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!
Jan 31, 2007 10:37 |  #2

I haven't been in a few years, but unless there has been a dramatic change...the answer is that it will be just like Daytona...lots of spots to walk around to...without credentials. Plenty of viewing berms too.

I may even break down and go myself...just realized I am going to be in the Orlando area for that time frame.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book,external link Refrigerator Artexternal link and What I Really Think Aboutexternal link

marlinspike
THREAD ­ STARTER
145 posts
Joined Jan 2005
Hampton, VA
Jan 31, 2007 10:50 as a reply to Woolburr's post |  #3

Well, there are no more hotel rooms in the area, but I figure I'll drive down (from charlotte) on Friday early afternoon, park in their lot and sleep in my car, and go to the race, then drive back to Charlotte that night heh.

Nikon FM2n - Nikon F3HP - 20 f/2.8 AIS - 35 f/2.0 AIS - ZF 50 1.4 - 105 f/2.5 AIS

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
Joined Sep 2005
The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!
Jan 31, 2007 11:07 |  #4

Plenty warm enough for camping in March...that's half the fun of going to the races.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book,external link Refrigerator Artexternal link and What I Really Think Aboutexternal link

marlinspike
THREAD ­ STARTER
145 posts
Joined Jan 2005
Hampton, VA
Jan 31, 2007 12:42 |  #5

Don't have a tent or a sleeping bag and on a college student budget. My 1985 S-Class Mercedes will be plenty of sleeping room for me hehe.

575 views & 0 likes for this thread
How non-media photo friendly is Sebring?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.