Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Critique Corner
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd of February 2007 (Sat)   #1
Euro_Trash

Default CRITIQUE: CAR PICS

Xti, Stock Kit, Stock lens....Help me out, any help will be nice..and can anyone recommend a night time lens that can take NICE pics with a tripod, and night time pics of cars in motion (freeway shots etc.) Let me know, THANKS!

Euro_Trash is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of February 2007 (Sun)   #2
Lonnie

Default Re: CRITIQUE: CAR PICS

I don't like taking this shot in a parking lot. You are getting all kinds of weird lighting highlights and reflections from other cars. In the first picture, the white car reflection and hotspot above it are very distracting. The people standing around on the right should be asked to move or cropped out. The right front tired is cut off at a weird spot, I'd take the shot/crop to include the whole tire.

#2 - I don't like the two cars on the side, the guy walking through the shot, the curb in front of the car, the picture needs to be straightened, and the hood of the car looks dirty.

For these shots to be good, I think you would have to be in a little more control of the environment. Park the car in a move evenly lit area without all of the junk around. The amount of light isn't real important in this kind of shot, since you are going to be using a long exposure anyway, on a tripod.
Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th of February 2007 (Tue)   #3
milleker

Default Re: CRITIQUE: CAR PICS

As someone who does not do car photography take my comments lightly. I find the people and reflections on the left very distracting too. The lights reflecting off the bumper too. Didn't quite notice the wheel crop, but now that lhoney2 mentioned it, I agree.

The paint job in #1 looks blotchy (which is probably not so, just how it photographs) and the hood in #1 and #2 just looks bad. I believe the term is moire - because of the pattern of the carbon fiber.
• Photography Weblog • Flickr • Maryland POTN Meetup Thread • Donate to POTN!
milleker is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member