FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner
Thread started 03 Feb 2007 (Saturday) 23:28   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Euro_Trash
Mostly Lurking
Joined Dec 2006
19 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Xti, Stock Kit, Stock lens....Help me out, any help will be nice..and can anyone recommend a night time lens that can take NICE pics with a tripod, and night time pics of cars in motion (freeway shots etc.) Let me know, THANKS!

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
http://i133.photobucke​t.com ...anuary%2029%202007/​21.jpgexternal link
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
http://i133.photobucke​t.com ...anuary%2029%202007/​20.jpgexternal link
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

Post #1, Feb 03, 2007 23:28:13

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Lonnie
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2006
1,603 posts
Southern Louisiana
[MORE/SHARE]

I don't like taking this shot in a parking lot. You are getting all kinds of weird lighting highlights and reflections from other cars. In the first picture, the white car reflection and hotspot above it are very distracting. The people standing around on the right should be asked to move or cropped out. The right front tired is cut off at a weird spot, I'd take the shot/crop to include the whole tire.

#2 - I don't like the two cars on the side, the guy walking through the shot, the curb in front of the car, the picture needs to be straightened, and the hood of the car looks dirty.

For these shots to be good, I think you would have to be in a little more control of the environment. Park the car in a move evenly lit area without all of the junk around. The amount of light isn't real important in this kind of shot, since you are going to be using a long exposure anyway, on a tripod.

Post #2, Feb 04, 2007 23:50:02

My non-photography related blogexternal link
My Flickrexternal link
I use a crop sensor Canon dSLR, 4 primes and 3 cheap flashes.

milleker
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2006
1,851 posts
Baltimore, Maryland
[MORE/SHARE]

As someone who does not do car photography take my comments lightly. I find the people and reflections on the left very distracting too. The lights reflecting off the bumper too. Didn't quite notice the wheel crop, but now that lhoney2 mentioned it, I agree.

The paint job in #1 looks blotchy (which is probably not so, just how it photographs) and the hood in #1 and #2 just looks bad. I believe the term is moire - because of the pattern of the carbon fiber.

Post #3, Feb 06, 2007 08:26:59

---John Milleker Jr.--
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯​¯¯
Web Links: My Homepageexternal link
Photography Weblogexternal linkFlickrexternal linkMaryland POTN Meetup Threadexternal linkDonate to POTN!external linkhttp://www.johnmilleke​r.com/weblogexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
669 views & 0 likes for this thread
CRITIQUE: CAR PICS
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES