Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th of March 2004 (Mon)   #1
where1

Default Shoulder mounts (like a rifle stock for a camera)

In the past I used a shoulder mount, but the one I had was really cheap, and I ended up tossing it. When it wasn't letting loose of the camera, or the adjustment arm loosing lock, it helped with making a steady shot.

I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the Bushhawk brand, or any other brand. Are they cheaply made? Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
where1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of March 2004 (Mon)   #2
where1

After reading this thread, I wonder if a rifle stock mount would be a wise idea.
Old 6th of April 2004 (Tue)   #3
pradeep1
Goldmember

And certainly don't take it to an airport. That would be funny.
Old 7th of April 2004 (Wed)   #4
where1

Take it to the airport with just a spotting scope on it, no camera body.

I really am having second thoughts, last week I was challenged twice while walking around with my 100-400 IS L (without a gunstock). Both people were very kind after they found out it was a camera.
Old 7th of April 2004 (Wed)   #5
karusel

What, they thought it was a bazooka? L - style, hehehe
Old 7th of April 2004 (Wed)   #6
John_T
Goldmember

Have you tried taking a monopod with a ball head, not extending the monopod but cocking it back clamped under your arm with the camera at a good shooting angle? Use the neck strap as a sling, either around your neck or around the other arm adjusted to counterbalance the monopod. I get a very steady hold with this technique.

I wouldn't walk around airports like that though. Probably get you shot, or at least get old ladies screaming terrorist...
Canon : 5DIII : 7DII : 40 2.8 : 50 1.4 : 35L : 85L : 100L IS Macro : 135L : 16-35L II : 24-105L IS : 70-200L II : 100-400L IS : 1.4x & 2x TC III : 580EX : 430EX : G1XII : Markins Q10 & Q3T : Jobu Gimbal : Manfrotto Underware : etc...
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of April 2004 (Thu)   #7
where1

Cool idea John, I'll have to play around with it.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 1st of March 2008 (Sat)   #8
Camera Vet

Thumbs up Re: Shoulder mounts (like a rifle stock for a camera)

Yes I have tried the Bush Hawk, and it does work. However I have also found the Stedistock @ Adorama for about half the price, it is lighter and will do the same job and you can shoulder the thing with the carry strap around your neck.
Camera Vet is offline   Reply With Quote