Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st of March 2004 (Sun)   #1
dennykyser

Default Do I update firmware

I have not updated to the new firmware, do you guys sugest I do. I have firmware 2.00. IF you sugest I upgrade can you show me a link to where I get the update.

I have read that to update, download the update on a cf card and install the card in the camera with the power on with a fresh battary and the camera will do the update. is this corect?
MaxPreps
dennykyser is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 21st of March 2004 (Sun)   #2
D60DIETER

What you read is right. Just put the FW-file to the CF-Card (drag and drop in Windows). Switch the camera on when you have entered the card to it and follow the steps.

To your first question. I would do it, because nobody knows what the update really includes. This may be different from what they officially tell. Maybe some knew algorithms or error patches!

Have fun

Dieter
D60DIETER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st of March 2004 (Sun)   #3
defordphoto
MKIII Aficionado

Here is the link: http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/EOS10D/10D_firmware-e.html

Full instructions are given. Do not download to your CF. Download to your computer and follow the instructions carefully. And also included in the instructions is exactly what the firmware upgrade is for.

An austere and pleasant poetry of the real. Ansel Adams
defordphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 21st of March 2004 (Sun)   #4
dennykyser

I can not get the update to initiate. I have fomated the CF card, I download the update to desktop, then unzip it to CF Card, then install the CF card and turn power on and nothing.

On the CF card after formating it has a folder DCIM in it, do I unzip the files inside that folder or just to the CF Card. I have tried putting it just on the card and when I check the contents of the card it has 2 folders, DCIM and the "eos10dfirmware201e)

OK, I figured it out, while typing this,, had to get rid of all the folders and copy only the contents to the cf card. its Re-writing Firmware now. Thanks guys.

For the record, when I formated the CF card it left a couple folders on it, I wonder why?
MaxPreps
dennykyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st of March 2004 (Sun)   #5
scottbergerphoto
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennykyser
For the record, when I formated the CF card it left a couple folders on it, I wonder why?
I think that when you format the CF card in the camera, as you should, it leaves certain info on the card to maintain the folder and numbering structure.
Scott
ScottBergerPhotography
scottbergerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote