FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 21 Mar 2004 (Sunday) 11:57   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

dennykyser
Joined Jan 2004
935 posts
Pennsylvania
[MORE/SHARE]

I have not updated to the new firmware, do you guys sugest I do. I have firmware 2.00. IF you sugest I upgrade can you show me a link to where I get the update.

I have read that to update, download the update on a cf card and install the card in the camera with the power on with a fresh battary and the camera will do the update. is this corect?

Post #1, Mar 21, 2004 11:57:29

Gear
Websiteexternal link
SportsShootersexternal link
MaxPrepsexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
D60DIETER
Joined Jan 2003
89 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

:lol: What you read is right. Just put the FW-file to the CF-Card (drag and drop in Windows). Switch the camera on when you have entered the card to it and follow the steps.

To your first question. I would do it, because nobody knows what the update really includes. This may be different from what they officially tell. Maybe some knew algorithms or error patches!

Have fun

Dieter

Post #2, Mar 21, 2004 12:04:29

defordphoto
MKIII Aficionado
Joined Oct 2002
9,888 posts
Pacific Northwest
[MORE/SHARE]

Here is the link: http://web.canon.jp ...OS10D/10D_firmware-e.htmlexternal link

Full instructions are given. Do not download to your CF. Download to your computer and follow the instructions carefully. And also included in the instructions is exactly what the firmware upgrade is for.

Post #3, Mar 21, 2004 12:24:01

defordphoto | Celebrating the art of photography®
SD500, 10D, 20D, 30D, 5D, 1DMKII, 1DMKIII
www.ussbaracing.comexternal link | www.rfmsports.comexternal link | www.nwfjcc.comexternal link
An austere and pleasant poetry of the real. Ansel Adams

dennykyser
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2004
935 posts
Pennsylvania
[MORE/SHARE]

I can not get the update to initiate. I have fomated the CF card, I download the update to desktop, then unzip it to CF Card, then install the CF card and turn power on and nothing.

On the CF card after formating it has a folder DCIM in it, do I unzip the files inside that folder or just to the CF Card. I have tried putting it just on the card and when I check the contents of the card it has 2 folders, DCIM and the "eos10dfirmware201e)

OK, I figured it out, while typing this,, had to get rid of all the folders and copy only the contents to the cf card. its Re-writing Firmware now. Thanks guys.

For the record, when I formated the CF card it left a couple folders on it, I wonder why?

Post #4, Mar 21, 2004 14:08:39

Gear
Websiteexternal link
SportsShootersexternal link
MaxPrepsexternal link

scottbergerphoto
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2003
5,430 posts
Brooklyn, NY, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

dennykyser wrote:
For the record, when I formated the CF card it left a couple folders on it, I wonder why?

I think that when you format the CF card in the camera, as you should, it leaves certain info on the card to maintain the folder and numbering structure.
Scott

Post #5, Mar 21, 2004 21:21:59

One World, One Voice Against Terror,
Best Regards,
Scott
ScottBergerPhotography

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,642 views & 0 likes for this thread
Do I update firmware
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES