Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th of February 2007 (Tue)   #1
argash

Default Release Form C&C

So I found some standard release forms thanks to Google but they weren't in a form I would ever consider handing to a person (formatting wise). So I've spent some time cleaning them up, I still have some things left to do, such as adding my logo and what not. But I thought I would solicit comments and critques on what I have so far. You can find my forms here. Sorry for the Word Doc format but Google Documents wasn't handling some of the formatting properly.

For those that are still looking for release forms feel free to use mine if you want, just remember to go over them with a lawyer as I know nothing of the law myself and these might not be good enough for your state/local.
argash is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 25th of February 2007 (Sun)   #2
Mike R
Goldmember

Default Re: Release Form C&C

Here is mine:

PROPERTY RELEASE

In consideration of __________________________________________________ _____
Receipt of which is acknowledged, I being the legal owner or having the right to permit the taking and use of photographs of certain property designated as _____________________________________________, do hereby give Michael Rubin, his/her assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable right to use this image in all forms and media and in all manners, including composite or distorted representations, for advertising, trade, or any other lawful purposes, and I waive any rights to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy that may be created in connection therewith.
Short description of photographs: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________Additi onal information: __________________________________________________ _

I am of full age. I have read this release and fully understand its contents.

Please Print:
Name: __________________________________________________ _______________
Address: __________________________________________________ _____________
City: ____________________________________ State: _______ Zip Code: _______

Signature, __________________________________________________ _____________

If signed below, the print, as described above is not wanted.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

All I offer for consdieration is an 8x10 print. The first person I had to get to sign this happend to be a photo editor for a book publishser, She knows releases and had no problem with it. Her only request was that I deliver the print to her office,(not her home, where she signed it.
Maybe it will lead to some work.