Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts
Thread started 25 Feb 2007 (Sunday) 12:53
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

ZL4life
340 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Breckenridge, Colorado
Feb 25, 2007 12:53 |  #1

This is from a lynyrd skynyrd (what's left of them) concert that was in copper last year. i got a back stage pass and a free chairlift ride through the summit dialy. I had to get these off of the summit daily website, that explains the water makrs C+C always welcom. this was one of the first concerts i shot. I also shot Wyclef Jean and Yander Mountain String Band.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

#4 (on this one and the next one, the color is a little off because i had to format it for the news paper.)

#5 (front page)

There you go, it was a great concert!

http://photo.ringo.com​/193/193795713O4823254​16.jpg (external link)

sponsored links
narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,656 posts
Joined Apr 2006
North Andover, MA
Feb 25, 2007 14:53 |  #2

#4's got the highest vote for me...good emotion and framing.

are there any original members left in the band?

i remember seeing the Rossington/Collins band way back in high school. my brother had an original (the flames cover) pressing of _Street Survivors_, and was also a Blackfoot fan (which Rickey Medlocke was in before getting drafted into this carnation of skynyrd)

www.tinnitus-photography.comexternal link
Facebook linkexternal link

gear list

ZL4life
THREAD ­ STARTER
340 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Breckenridge, Colorado
Feb 25, 2007 14:58 |  #3

i think 1... maybe 2.
i really don't know. the singer is the origional guy's brother... that's pretty close

narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,656 posts
Joined Apr 2006
North Andover, MA
Feb 25, 2007 15:33 |  #4

yeah, johnny van zandt's band opened for the R/C band, for the show i saw...someone else was on the bill too, maybe .38 Special? that sounds right.

well allen collins, steve gaines and ronnie VZ are definitely dead. was gary rossington playing? i think he jump started getting the Skynyrd name back. i'd heard drummer Artemis Pyle was in jail, not sure what happened to bass play Leon Wilkerson or piano player Billy Powell.

i still dig some Skynyrd...the live version of "Workin' For MCA" rocks mightly.

www.tinnitus-photography.comexternal link
Facebook linkexternal link

gear list

rebel85
56 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Feb 25, 2007 22:00 as a reply to narlus's post |  #5

I believe gary rossington is the only original still playing in the band.

liza
Cream of the Crop
11,386 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Mayberry
Feb 25, 2007 22:04 |  #6
banned

Gary Rossington and Billy Powell are still in the band. Leon Wilkerson died last year. I saw them at Indianapolis last July. Hadn't seen them live since before the plane crash, so it was a treat. :)

Elizabeth
Blog
http://www.emc2foto.bl​ogspot.com/external link

johnstoy
Cream of the Crop
6,645 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Poconos, PA USA
Feb 26, 2007 09:45 as a reply to liza's post |  #7

Their music is very popular around here... Would love to see them someday...Too bad many aren't with the band anymore...I saw this thread when first posted and find that #4 still interests me the most of this very good set...

John Stoy

www.poconophotos.comexternal link
My Gear List
"Are you only Looking or actually Seeing", from Microbiology 101.

thelightofsound
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Atlanta
Feb 26, 2007 10:32 as a reply to johnstoy's post |  #8

i shot them last summer and billy didn't even show up! he got drunk downtown and didn't make it to the show. i saw artimus pyle at a small bar in black mountain NC a couple of weeks ago and that was WAY better then the lynyrd skynyrd cover band.\

as for the shots, what camera/lens did you use? i am seeing some pixel halos. was the over head shot taken from the lift or the light scaffold?

i miss copper.

--atlanta photographer michael sabaexternal link - music photographyexternal link

ZL4life
THREAD ­ STARTER
340 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Breckenridge, Colorado
Feb 26, 2007 18:15 |  #9

at that time i was using a Rebel XT wtih the stock lense for the shots i got from close up, and a 70-300 lesne for the shots from far away.
and which ones are you talking about? with the pixl halos? because 4 and 5 are formated differently and it does look strange here. also, these are a little blown up from their size on the daily's web site. and i did ride the lift to get the overhead shot.

thelightofsound
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Atlanta
Feb 26, 2007 18:20 as a reply to ZL4life's post |  #10

2 and 3 have pixelation around the guitars and players.

thanks for sharing. are you a photog for the summit daily? that's gotta be a great gig.

--atlanta photographer michael sabaexternal link - music photographyexternal link

liza
Cream of the Crop
11,386 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Mayberry
Feb 26, 2007 18:30 |  #11
banned

thelightofsound wrote in post #2777471external link
i shot them last summer and billy didn't even show up! he got drunk downtown and didn't make it to the show. i saw artimus pyle at a small bar in black mountain NC a couple of weeks ago and that was WAY better then the lynyrd skynyrd cover band.\

I think they were all pretty loaded at that concert in Indy. One of the guys fell during a set and had a hard time getting up.
I would have loved to have seen Artimus at that bar. He's a wild man! :)

Elizabeth
Blog
http://www.emc2foto.bl​ogspot.com/external link

ZL4life
THREAD ­ STARTER
340 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Breckenridge, Colorado
Feb 26, 2007 23:26 |  #12

thelightofsound wrote in post #2780073external link
2 and 3 have pixelation around the guitars and players.

thanks for sharing. are you a photog for the summit daily? that's gotta be a great gig.

it's just because of the size.
and yes, it is a great gig. i get to do soo much stuff just by throwing the name Summit Daily out there.
You know of the paper?

thelightofsound
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Atlanta
Feb 27, 2007 08:21 |  #13

liza wrote in post #2780125external link
I think they were all pretty loaded at that concert in Indy. One of the guys fell during a set and had a hard time getting up.
I would have loved to have seen Artimus at that bar. He's a wild man! :)

it was a real treat. we didn't even know he was going to be playing. we went to black mountain to get out of the city for a couple of days and as we got into town that night figured we'd stop by the only bar in town. and there was artimus. we talked to him for a bit afterwards and he is a super nice guy. and a funny story - he said ronnie wrote simple man for his mom, and he was sending it out to anna nicole

ZL4life wrote in post #2781771external link
it's just because of the size.
and yes, it is a great gig. i get to do soo much stuff just by throwing the name Summit Daily out there.
You know of the paper?

did you resize them for the web? they almost look over sharpened. réne has a great photoshop action for resizing in the faq.
i lived in the front range for a couple of years, and rode at copper.

ZL4life
THREAD ­ STARTER
340 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Breckenridge, Colorado
Feb 27, 2007 09:07 |  #14

they were resized by the site they're on. i uploaded them full size and the web site changes everything. You're seeing the pixls because i've actually made them larger from the site.

tellysurv
209 posts
Joined Jun 2005
Richmond, VA
Feb 27, 2007 09:54 |  #15

I heard Artimus Pyle on the Howard Stern show two weeks ago, so I dont think he's in jail unless he just went in.

I think he also has his own band going on right now too...

sponsored links

4,929 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lynyrd Skynyrd
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.