FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 05 Mar 2007 (Monday) 00:19   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

NAiL05
Joined Feb 2007
53 posts
Dallas and in Carbondale for School
[MORE/SHARE]

Hey there everyone. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the Dallas Fort Worth Area and if they know any good locations for photos? I plan to take some pictures with a couple buddies of our cars around the city prob late at night if not during sunset. I was wondering where would be a good location to get a backdrop of dfw. I have seen a few photos but I cant seem to find the location. Also if there are any good spots inside of town you guys would recommend. It has been quite a while since I have been downtown so trying to find some good spots and get some good photos.

Thanks in Advance.

Post #1, Mar 05, 2007 00:19:51

Canon Rebel XTi 400D
Canon 18-55mm EFS Kit Lens, Canon 50mm 1.8

Canon Powershot A80
Tokina zoom lens/no name wide angle lens.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
motocrossnut34
Joined Sep 2006
68 posts
flower mound, texas
[MORE/SHARE]

I live in FLower Mound myself. This time of the year there is not a whole lot of anything in Dallas that looks good for a back drop of a photo. I dont know if you have ever been to Las Collinas or not but there is a building that has a set of Bronze horses out front of it called Williams Square. Those and the building behind them make for a ritzy looking back ground on a car. Just a thought. I located a picture of it on the internet. I am not sure how close you can actually park to them but if you could a Black Lambo Diablo would look pretty tight sitting right about in front of those ...

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

Post #2, Mar 05, 2007 22:20:06

NAiL05
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Feb 2007
53 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Haha yea. Thanks for the suggestion. Its been like 6 or 7 years since I have been to Las Collinas. I was thinkin bout inside the city with the tall buildings and such. Prob lookin around the Meyerson and places like that. But still want to somehow get the backdrop of dfw in my pictures though. My friend told me the top lot in the parking garage to the AA center will catch quite a bit of it so might need to check that out. Thanks for the suggestion I will keep that in mind!

Post #3, Mar 05, 2007 23:12:44 as a reply to motocrossnut34's post 52 minutes earlier.

Canon Rebel XTi 400D

Canon Powershot A80

gjl711
human (barely) and bribable
Joined Aug 2006
48,195 posts
Deep in the heart of Texas
[MORE/SHARE]

Well, Deeley plaza in Dallas. Though it’s not a particularly photogenic site, it has historical importance and just to stand behind the fence that the conspiracy theory guys claim was the true assassination stop and seeing how close it really was is an interesting thing. On the fun side, head on down to Fort Worth’s stockyards area. Lots of photo-ops there.

Post #4, Mar 06, 2007 09:40:33

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger, then it hit me
::Flickr::external link
::Gear::

ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
Joined Apr 2003
10,884 posts
southern Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

I used to spend an inordinate amount of time in Dallas working. I found the city itself to not be terribly photogenic but the stockyards are well worth it. If you are into wildlife at all there is a drive through park call Fossil Rim Wildlife Parkexternal link which is a bit of a drive outside of Dallas but well worth it. I have made the trip there a few times. I highly recommend this if you enjoy wildlife.

Post #5, Mar 06, 2007 11:23:50 as a reply to gjl711's post 1 hour earlier.

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Galleryexternal link | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
NAiL05
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Feb 2007
53 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Yes I got suggestions to go towards the stockyards too =D Used to go there and watch rodeos with my pops when I was a little kid. I have been to Fossil RIm but that was when I was a kiddo too haha! But yes these spots sound good I have to keep these in mind even though its been a long time since I have been there! Thanks. Does anyone have any other suggestions other than DFW just in case? Maybe around the Dallas/Plano area? Other than shops at Legacy haha always taks pictures there. Really nice spot and the lighting is pretty good.

Post #6, Mar 07, 2007 10:06:17 as a reply to ssim's post 22 hours earlier.

Canon Rebel XTi 400D

Canon Powershot A80

BottomBracket
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2004
6,398 posts
NYC
[MORE/SHARE]

ssim wrote in post #2825218external link
I used to spend an inordinate amount of time in Dallas working. I found the city itself to not be terribly photogenic but the stockyards are well worth it. If you are into wildlife at all there is a drive through park call Fossil Rim Wildlife Parkexternal link which is a bit of a drive outside of Dallas but well worth it. I have made the trip there a few times. I highly recommend this if you enjoy wildlife.

I second this. Fossil Rim is an interesting place, make sure you have a car that has a sunroof so you can just shoot out of it.

Fort Worth is known for its stockyards, and while you're there head over to Kincaid's at Camp Bowie for some great burgers.

Post #7, Mar 07, 2007 10:16:52

Pio
Veni, Vidi, Canoni - I Came, I Saw, I Took A Picture With My Canon
Fotopio.com - Gallery of the Meandering Eyeexternal link
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

LIST NEARBY THREADS
8,995 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photo ops around Dallas Fort Worth Area
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES