Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > People
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th of March 2007 (Mon)   #1
LaRe

Default Children's Easter Pictures

Hi, a friend of mine just asked me to photograph her daughters first easter pictures. Madison is only 3 1/2 months old. I'm just curious to see if any of you have any ideas I could use.

So far, I'm thinking of putting Madison in a basket with easter grass and some plastic eggs. I'll have a white background with little stuffed bunnies on either side of the basket.

Also, I'm thinking of buying a large stuffed bunny and setting it against a wall with a background behind it. I'll sit Madison on its lap with some eggs scattered on the floor.

Any other ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS
LaRe is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 12th of March 2007 (Mon)   #2
hawk911
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Children's Easter Pictures

I'm okay with everything but the easter grass, unless MOM is right there to make sure she doesn't eat any of it. Maybe a soft pastel blanket instead? Also, fake tulips, or even real ones in a clay pot might be nice behind the baby.
HAWK Photography Gallery FB Fan page |_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Cacti, Interfit triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis
hawk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of March 2007 (Mon)   #3
House of Jubilee

Target has cute head bands with bunny ears or flower petals for a buck. They are cute if you add a stuffed bunny or flowers.
House of Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 28th of March 2007 (Wed)   #4
TSEE
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRe View Post
Hi, a friend of mine just asked me to photograph her daughters first easter pictures. Madison is only 3 1/2 months old. I'm just curious to see if any of you have any ideas I could use.

So far, I'm thinking of putting Madison in a basket with easter grass and some plastic eggs. I'll have a white background with little stuffed bunnies on either side of the basket.

Also, I'm thinking of buying a large stuffed bunny and setting it against a wall with a background behind it. I'll sit Madison on its lap with some eggs scattered on the floor.

Any other ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS
Still need ideas?
I took some easter portraits of my niece last year, she was 10 days old so not old enough to go nowhere and couldn't sit, pretty much the same boat as the 3.5 month old you're taking shots of - but the idea might still work.
I used a wicker basket, put a pillow in the bottom to raise her up closer to the rim, I had bought some different colored "fuzzy" fabrics at Joann's (white, blue and lavendar, used the lavendar for the easter shot), added some easter eggs (pastell colored), a flower ivy type thing and some baby chicks (fake) that I found at the dollar store. It worked ok. Something like that work for ya?
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...ghlight=Easter

"All of us have photographic memory, some of us just don't have film."
"I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything."
TSEE is offline   Reply With Quote