FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People
Thread started 12 Mar 2007 (Monday) 10:07   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

LaRe
Mostly Lurking
Joined Jan 2007
11 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi, a friend of mine just asked me to photograph her daughters first easter pictures. Madison is only 3 1/2 months old. I'm just curious to see if any of you have any ideas I could use.

So far, I'm thinking of putting Madison in a basket with easter grass and some plastic eggs. I'll have a white background with little stuffed bunnies on either side of the basket.

Also, I'm thinking of buying a large stuffed bunny and setting it against a wall with a background behind it. I'll sit Madison on its lap with some eggs scattered on the floor.

Any other ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Post #1, Mar 12, 2007 10:07:05

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
hawk911
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2006
11,014 posts
Racine, Wisconsin
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm okay with everything but the easter grass, unless MOM is right there to make sure she doesn't eat any of it. Maybe a soft pastel blanket instead? Also, fake tulips, or even real ones in a clay pot might be nice behind the baby.

Post #2, Mar 12, 2007 10:42:27

HAWK Photography Galleryexternal link FB Fan pageexternal link|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

House ­ of ­ Jubilee
Joined Oct 2006
108 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Target has cute head bands with bunny ears or flower petals for a buck. They are cute if you add a stuffed bunny or flowers.

Post #3, Mar 12, 2007 12:39:01

TSEE
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2005
4,961 posts
Middle of Nowhere, USA.
[MORE/SHARE]

LaRe wrote in post #2857787external link
Hi, a friend of mine just asked me to photograph her daughters first easter pictures. Madison is only 3 1/2 months old. I'm just curious to see if any of you have any ideas I could use.

So far, I'm thinking of putting Madison in a basket with easter grass and some plastic eggs. I'll have a white background with little stuffed bunnies on either side of the basket.

Also, I'm thinking of buying a large stuffed bunny and setting it against a wall with a background behind it. I'll sit Madison on its lap with some eggs scattered on the floor.

Any other ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Still need ideas?
I took some easter portraits of my niece last year, she was 10 days old so not old enough to go nowhere and couldn't sit, pretty much the same boat as the 3.5 month old you're taking shots of - but the idea might still work.
I used a wicker basket, put a pillow in the bottom to raise her up closer to the rim, I had bought some different colored "fuzzy" fabrics at Joann's (white, blue and lavendar, used the lavendar for the easter shot), added some easter eggs (pastell colored), a flower ivy type thing and some baby chicks (fake) that I found at the dollar store. It worked ok. Something like that work for ya?
http://photography-on-the.net ...t=156240&highlight=​Easter

Post #4, Mar 28, 2007 17:47:13

-Sue (TSEE)
My gear list finally got too long to list under my sig.
"All of us have photographic memory, some of us just don't have film."
"I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything."

LIST NEARBY THREADS
15,236 views & 0 likes for this thread
Children's Easter Pictures
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES