Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd of March 2007 (Thu)   #1
chapt0r

Unhappy Adjusting aperture on Canon Rebel XT

I am using this camera in junction with an 0-360 mirror lens for shooting virtual tours, and was told to set aperture to F16. As I am really new to this camera, and or photography, could somebody point me in the right direction on setting this up? I have to shoot in manual also, heh which I figured all of that out.

Cheers,

W
chapt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 23rd of March 2007 (Fri)   #2
gooble
Goldmember

Default Re: Adjusting aperture on Canon Rebel XT

Set the mode wheel to M, and then push and hold the button to the right of the status screen that is marked AV +/-. While you are holding it scroll the dial just behind the shutter release button. If you look at the status screen or the display through the viewfinder you will see the f numbers moving either up or down through 2,2.8,4,5.6,8,11,16,22 etc.
gooble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of March 2007 (Fri)   #3
DrJack

Or put it in Av mode and scroll the wheel, then the camera will adjust shutter speed for you.

Jack

400D + grip | 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM | 70-200 f/4L USM | 50 f/1.4 USM | 18-55 Kit | 550EX
DrJack is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 23rd of March 2007 (Fri)   #4
Hermeto
Cream of the Crop

...or read the Manual, page 86.
Old 23rd of March 2007 (Fri)   #5
KCMO Al

You say you are using a "mirror" lens? If you are talking about a catadioptric lens, (with the donut shaped front element) then these are always a fixed aperture which should be marked on the front or near the front of the lens. These would have to be used in M I would think.
If that's not it, then never mind.
EOS Lenses: Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX - Canon EF 17-40 f4.0L - Canon EF 24-105 f4.0L - Canon EF 35 f1.4L USM - Canon EF100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM - Canon EF100 f2.8 Macro - Other stuff: MR 14EX - 430EX - 580EXII - ST-E2 - TC1.4x - TC-80N3
KCMO Al is offline   Reply With Quote