Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th of March 2007 (Mon)   #1
jaypie77

Default Invoice needs

I am looking for invoice software that fits my needs and I still haven't been able to get the right match. Here's what I need:

I need to be able to add customizable line items for expenses and fees easily. It seems like every invoice program thinks we all work hourly; I do not.

I need to be able to have the invoice output be highly customizable - so far I've found lots of invoice programs that give boring looking results with many items I would never need on them and difficulty adding new items that I would like.

I can't think of anything else - my brain is fried from googling for the last hour.

Basically, I want a simple program that JUST does invoices and does them well. I would pay a hundred bucks easily for it if I found the right one. I'd pay even more if I had too!

Simplification: All I want to be able to do is to have a list of common items for expenses/fees and then be able to freely and simply change the prices for each invoice.

And it can't look like crap.

Last edited by jaypie77 : 26th of March 2007 (Mon) at 08:49. Reason: One more thing...
jaypie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 26th of March 2007 (Mon)   #2
Converge

Default Re: Invoice needs

With quickbooks, you can customize what data is on the invoice. You can also add any kind of line item you would like with custom descriptions.

As far a "boring looking" invoices.....

its busines software dude, not graphic design software. If youre being too picky, you'll come up short. You can get your logo on it but thats pretty much it. Invoices arent meant to be flashy and "wow" you. Thats what brochures are for.

Invoices are for:
1.)this is how much you owe
2.)this is what I charged you for
3.)this is where to send the check
Converge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th of March 2007 (Mon)   #3
jaypie77

I should have mentioned I'm using Mac. Also, I understand that this is mainly boring financial software, but I'd be willing to pay for software that is NOT boring.
jaypie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of March 2007 (Tue)   #4
Converge

I havent run across software that JUST does invoicing. Typically, they will do that and then some.

Good luck with your search and if you do find something, make sure you post and let us know what it is.
Converge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of March 2007 (Tue)   #5
Rubi Jane

I'm on a Mac and just went with MoneyWorks from Cognito Software from New Zealand. From what I found, it's the only software that does a two tier tax that most of Canada has and runs natively on a Mac so that's my main reason to buying it. It also runs on Windows. The MoneyWorks Express & Gold versions have a completely customizeable invoice form. You can add your logo, change font type, colour & size as well as design the structure and layout of the invoice form.

You can download a trial version from their site. Just know the basic, Cashbook, version doesn't do invoicing.
Rubi Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of March 2007 (Tue)   #6
StealthLude
Goldmember

Quickbooks Pro

StealthLude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of March 2007 (Wed)   #7
coreypolis
User is banned from forums

MS Office Accounting is a free download. Its atleast worth a try to see if it'll work for you.
coreypolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of March 2007 (Wed)   #8
Hawg Hanner
User is banned from forums

Quicken Primiere...cheaper than Quickbooks and easier to learn.
Hawg Hanner is offline   Reply With Quote