Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports
Thread started 09 Apr 2007 (Monday) 05:48
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

AMOS N°003 - climbing/2

habakuk
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Switzerland
Apr 09, 2007 05:48 |  #1

IMAGE: http://www.voegtli.net/gallery/concept/amos_003_800.jpg

Another example of AMOS - a matter of scale.

(AMOS N°1, N°2)

cheers
®

More on my BLOGexternal link ::: www.punctumgallery.chexternal link ::: www.driftingaway.orgexternal link ::: www.goodeye.chexternal link | Creativity & perception workshopsexternal link
Virtual Exhibitions:
Bauwelten Neufeldzubringerexternal link | Sternspurenexternal link | Anderswelt (Otherworld)external link

sponsored links
Richtherookie
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Jan 2007
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Apr 09, 2007 09:23 |  #2

Great shot. BELAY ON!

Canon 40D, Rebel XT, Kit lens, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, 50mm F/1.8II, 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM

Trained to survive, willing not to.
www.haysphotography.ne​texternal link

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,379 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Buellton, California, USA
Apr 09, 2007 13:21 |  #3

I can't see the ropes ... tell 'em to use red rope! I like the shot ... where were you?

I caught these three climbers at Yosemite:

IMAGE: http://palsgaard-mccann.net/CamperVacationYMDKK/Climbers6376-600.JPG

Dwight McCann
Websiteexternal link - Facebookexternal link
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio
How I Got Into This Businesshttp://photography-on-the.net ...p?p=13157388#post13​157388

tomd
Cream of the Crop
13,199 posts
Joined Jan 2007
I live next to my neighbor
Apr 09, 2007 13:33 |  #4

I thought I was high when at the climbing gym...WOW nice shots.

=======>>> play W.A.I.N. :D

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Switzerland
Apr 09, 2007 15:19 |  #5

Hi all. Sorry to have mislead you... ;) I just added the climber in postprocessing to
deceive the viewer, along with the "wrong" title. This is part of a visual experiment.
Look closely, and you see a root in the right half of the shot, as well as a plant under
the dark transversal shadow.

See below... this was a stone of approx. 20 cm height. I was lying in the grass, very relaxed. But, hey... thanks for your comment! I hope you enjoyed the view anyway. :)

----

Ok, read the explanation to the background of this shot here.

AMOS N°001: a simple stone, approx. 30 cm height, 45° angle

AMOS N°002: tree bark (birch), approx. 15 cm width, four little color spots added

AMOS N°3: another stone, approx. 20 cm height

AMOS N°004: fallen tree with moss, approx. 15 cm shown here

cheers
®

More on my BLOGexternal link ::: www.punctumgallery.chexternal link ::: www.driftingaway.orgexternal link ::: www.goodeye.chexternal link | Creativity & perception workshopsexternal link
Virtual Exhibitions:
Bauwelten Neufeldzubringerexternal link | Sternspurenexternal link | Anderswelt (Otherworld)external link

DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?
21,379 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Buellton, California, USA
Apr 09, 2007 17:23 |  #6

Well, crud, that's too bad! I think there is a great forum for this sort of thing ... Experimental or somesuch so you might want to repost or get these posts moved over there! Obviously you did a grand job! Oh, so let's see your originals of the climber.

Dwight McCann
Websiteexternal link - Facebookexternal link
Gear List - Concert FAQ - My Small Studio
How I Got Into This Businesshttp://photography-on-the.net ...p?p=13157388#post13​157388

gmen
Goldmember
4,345 posts
Joined Aug 2004
Essex
Apr 09, 2007 17:33 |  #7

Very interesting... certainly a fractal-kind-of-thing going on here. Jubbly-tastic.

---- Gavin

TGSPhoto Editorial Sports Photographyexternal link | TGS Blogexternal link | TGS Twitterexternal link | TGS Sportsshooterexternal link | TGS Tweetsexternal link | TGS Facebookexternal link | LinkedInexternal link

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Switzerland
Apr 09, 2007 18:41 |  #8

DwightMcCann wrote in post #3012557external link
Well, crud, that's too bad! I think there is a great forum for this sort of thing ... Experimental or somesuch so you might want to repost or get these posts moved over there! Obviously you did a grand job! Oh, so let's see your originals of the climber.

Oh come on. Had I posted it there without spoiling all the fun right from the start, that board would have asked me to move it here.

cheers
®

Virtual Exhibitions:

Richtherookie
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Jan 2007
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Apr 10, 2007 06:57 |  #9

I kinda wondered about the vine to the right, looked really big compared to the lead climber. But in michigan the only vine we have is grape and poison ivey! Oh ya and who needs rope, some of the greatest climbers (steve-o) didn't use rope.

Canon 40D, Rebel XT, Kit lens, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, 50mm F/1.8II, 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM

Trained to survive, willing not to.
www.haysphotography.ne​texternal link

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Switzerland
Apr 29, 2007 06:47 |  #10

If I'd see someone climbing on such a wall without ropes, I'd run away screaming, and certainly wouldn't have the nerve to take pictures.
:D

cheers
®

Virtual Exhibitions:

sponsored links

1,460 views & 0 likes for this thread
AMOS N°003 - climbing/2
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.