FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 10 Apr 2007 (Tuesday) 21:30   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

petecrosta
Joined Mar 2007
63 posts
Northern New Jersey
[MORE/SHARE]

Anyone look at their copy of Digital Photography Darkroom Vol 1 #1 yet? I got mine bundled with my Photoshop User mag (NAPP membership) and wow, I am extremely impressed with this little number! I have never used or seen Adobe Lightroom, but after looking at the tutorial and other tidbits, I'm gonna get this stuff!!! The Quick Start Guide was very eye-opening. I'm off to d/l my free 30-day trial version!!!:lol:

Post #1, Apr 10, 2007 21:30:02

Pete
Canon EOS 5D, EF24-70/f2.8L, EF50/f1.4 USM, EF100/f2.0 USM, EF70-200/f2.8L IS USM, Speedlite 580EXII (2) +ST-E2 Transmitter, SEKONIC L-398/L-518, Macintosh, Lightroom5, Photoshop-CS5 (NAPP)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Kadath
Right, Manage This Digit!
Joined Feb 2004
1,642 posts
Navesink, NJ
[MORE/SHARE]

Definitly check out the videos at www.rawworkflow.comexternal link and around the web.
http://creativesuitepo​dcast.com/external link has some too but I havent downloaded theirs yet.

Post #2, Apr 10, 2007 23:30:24

Canon 20D, Nikon D300 & assorted stuff...
Kadath @ Flickrexternal link -- Hell, its a regular Dream-Quest... A "Digital American Walkabout" -- My Blog at Navesink.Netexternal link
Have you submitted shots to the official POTN Flickr Poolexternal link Lately?

thekid24
pro-zack-lee
Joined Oct 2006
8,545 posts
Oklahoma City,OK
[MORE/SHARE]

lightroom is friggin awesome. My 30 days are now down to 2 weeks:( but ill get it soon.

Post #3, Apr 10, 2007 23:33:46

flickrexternal link

canoflan
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2006
1,059 posts
Texas, US
[MORE/SHARE]
banned

Yeah, I posted this a week ago. The tethering article is the best. I tried it and it worked perfectly.

http://photography-on-the.net ...php?p=3021791#post3​021791

Post #4, Apr 19, 2007 10:25:49

Jesus Christ, as God, creates what I shoot; I simply have the privilege of capturing it.

5D, 30D, 4 L's, 500D macro, Canon CP filter, 580EX, Metz 58, Giottos CF Monopod, Giottos CF tripod, RRS BH-55 head, RRS wedding pro flash flipper thing-a-ma-bob dealy, lighting accessories, white umbrella, PWs, ThinkTank Photo Urban Disguise 40, ThinkTank Photo Airport Addicted...:cool:

PS CS3, LR, iMac, i9900 printer, Ilford Smooth Pearl paper

http://canoflan.exposu​remanager.comexternal link

Tom ­ K.
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2006
1,851 posts
Connecticut
[MORE/SHARE]

If you're going to do the Lightroom thing then the new Scott Kelby book is a MUST read. http://www.amazon.com ...6-5245652?ie=UTF8&s=book​sexternal link

I have a slew of Kelby books and each one is laid out in such an easy to understand manner that they are a pleasure to learn from. He makes complex issues a snap to understand.

The Kelby book that really blew me away was "The Digital Photography Book". It's a small book you can grab for $12 at Amazon and it will teach you what to do in very specific terms on a shot by shot basis. I'm a HUGE Kelby fan because of his books and what they have taught me over the years.

Post #5, Apr 19, 2007 11:10:09

Please proceed, Governor.
Visit Me at Flickr ~ http://www.flickr.com/​photos/tomkaz/external link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
rfreschner
ishka bibble
Joined Jan 2005
2,576 posts
Andover, CT...................... Go Red Sox!
[MORE/SHARE]

While you're at it, check out the NAPP videos on LRexternal link. They're a great place to start learning.

Post #6, Apr 20, 2007 05:49:37

Rick
"We both can't be wrong; I must be right"
Bob Welch
Gear List

rfreschner
ishka bibble
Joined Jan 2005
2,576 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Tom K. wrote in post #3069009external link
If you're going to do the Lightroom thing then the new Scott Kelby book is a MUST read.

Unfortunately, I got caught up by the Amazon screw-up where they sent out a notice to all that pre-ordered Scott's book that it wouldn't be available until June. Being the impatient sort, I cancelled my order and went with Martin Evening's book. Of course, it was all a big mistake on Amazon's part. :evil: I like Scott's style of writing though, so I'll probably check his out at his LR seminar in Boston next month.

Post #7, Apr 20, 2007 05:52:54

Rick
Bob Welch
Gear List

psk4363
Joined Jun 2003
720 posts
Bolton, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

I've been impressed with both books (Scott's book arrived yesterday - still having a laugh with his own unique writing style). Martin's is more of a 'manual' for LR than Scott's. But to cap these two, the new Darkroom magazine has arrived and is great for a first edition - can't wait for the subsequent ones.

Post #8, Apr 24, 2007 11:00:24

A little G9 :D

rfreschner
ishka bibble
Joined Jan 2005
2,576 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

psk4363 wrote in post #3095969external link
I've been impressed with both books (Scott's book arrived yesterday - still having a laugh with his own unique writing style). Martin's is more of a 'manual' for LR than Scott's.

Does Scott's book offer anything really unique? In other words, is it worthwhile to buy if you have Martin's and have watched all the tutorials out there?

Post #9, Apr 24, 2007 15:39:39

Rick
Bob Welch
Gear List

LIST NEARBY THREADS
2,693 views & 0 likes for this thread
Darkroom Magazine
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES