Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > General Photography Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th of April 2007 (Tue)   #1
petecrosta

Thumbs up Darkroom Magazine

Anyone look at their copy of Digital Photography Darkroom Vol 1 #1 yet? I got mine bundled with my Photoshop User mag (NAPP membership) and wow, I am extremely impressed with this little number! I have never used or seen Adobe Lightroom, but after looking at the tutorial and other tidbits, I'm gonna get this stuff!!! The Quick Start Guide was very eye-opening. I'm off to d/l my free 30-day trial version!!!
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of April 2007 (Wed)   #2
Kadath
Right, Manage This Digit!

Default Re: Darkroom Magazine

Definitly check out the videos at www.rawworkflow.com and around the web.
http://creativesuitepodcast.com/ has some too but I havent downloaded theirs yet.

Last edited by Kadath : 11th of April 2007 (Wed) at 00:36.
Kadath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of April 2007 (Wed)   #3
thekid24
pro-zack-lee

lightroom is friggin awesome. My 30 days are now down to 2 weeks but ill get it soon.
Old 19th of April 2007 (Thu)   #4
canoflan
User is banned from forums

Yeah, I posted this a week ago. The tethering article is the best. I tried it and it worked perfectly.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...91#post3021791
canoflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of April 2007 (Thu)   #5
Tom K.

If you're going to do the Lightroom thing then the new Scott Kelby book is a MUST read. http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Ligh...e=UTF8&s=books

I have a slew of Kelby books and each one is laid out in such an easy to understand manner that they are a pleasure to learn from. He makes complex issues a snap to understand.

The Kelby book that really blew me away was "The Digital Photography Book". It's a small book you can grab for $12 at Amazon and it will teach you what to do in very specific terms on a shot by shot basis. I'm a HUGE Kelby fan because of his books and what they have taught me over the years.

Visit Me at Flickr ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomkaz/
Tom K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th of April 2007 (Fri)   #6
rfreschner
ishka bibble

While you're at it, check out the NAPP videos on LR. They're a great place to start learning.

Gear List
rfreschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th of April 2007 (Fri)   #7
rfreschner
ishka bibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
If you're going to do the Lightroom thing then the new Scott Kelby book is a MUST read.
Unfortunately, I got caught up by the Amazon screw-up where they sent out a notice to all that pre-ordered Scott's book that it wouldn't be available until June. Being the impatient sort, I cancelled my order and went with Martin Evening's book. Of course, it was all a big mistake on Amazon's part. I like Scott's style of writing though, so I'll probably check his out at his LR seminar in Boston next month.

Gear List
Old 24th of April 2007 (Tue)   #8
psk4363

I've been impressed with both books (Scott's book arrived yesterday - still having a laugh with his own unique writing style). Martin's is more of a 'manual' for LR than Scott's. But to cap these two, the new Darkroom magazine has arrived and is great for a first edition - can't wait for the subsequent ones.
Old 24th of April 2007 (Tue)   #9
rfreschner
ishka bibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by psk4363 View Post
I've been impressed with both books (Scott's book arrived yesterday - still having a laugh with his own unique writing style). Martin's is more of a 'manual' for LR than Scott's.
Does Scott's book offer anything really unique? In other words, is it worthwhile to buy if you have Martin's and have watched all the tutorials out there?

Gear List