|5th of May 2007 (Sat)||#1|
321 123 33
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in your attic
Flower in sun
Hey all, took this today, yes I know, the aperature, but I purposely done it at f/2.8...of course I could of done it at f/32. I think the f/2.8 version draws more attenion to the single flower in the picture...Anyone agreer or dissagree?
|5th of May 2007 (Sat)||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Re: Flower in sun
too much dead space and most of what is there is oof.
with that much dead space the object has too POP to make up for it and they dont.
|5th of May 2007 (Sat)||#3|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Re: Flower in sun
Some comments gained from experience:
1) It takes a lot of work to get good flower shots.
2) I use a tripod whenever possible because I can try different apertures (changing depth of field) and different ISO values (to control shutter and f/stop).
3) Look critically at the composition, and change if you aren't completely satisfied. In fact take several shots from several angles/compositions.
4) When you look at it, where does your eye rest - or does your attention keep moving around looking for the "subject"?
5) The emtpy space that "stmrdrd" commented on is a bit too dominant; if the flower was more centred the empty space wouldn't be in the competition for your attention.
The thing I really like is that the colours are simplified; pink dominates, and the greens are subordinate and support the pinks. Also your background is well out of focus - good.
If you had taken multiple shots - particularly at smaller apertures - say f/5.6 or f/8, the background may have stayed OOF, and the flowers would have popped out, being more in focus.
I started taking flower shots in the mid sixties, and I'm still not satisfied.
"Be yourself - everyone else is taken". Oscar Wilde
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sun flower & Ladybug||beachgirl||Wildlife||2||23rd of June 2007 (Sat) 21:57|
|Sun Flower||Robo814||Wildlife||7||27th of August 2006 (Sun) 17:13|
|Sun & shadow flower||CarolP||Wildlife||6||20th of July 2006 (Thu) 08:52|
|Sun-flower||Suedezu||Wildlife||15||19th of July 2006 (Wed) 01:22|
|Would have called it a sun flower ...||JoseC||Wildlife||6||3rd of April 2005 (Sun) 15:54|