Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 06 May 2007 (Sunday) 19:51
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

STICKY: Lightroom Threads

Dan ­ Marchant
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2011
Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.
Apr 22, 2016 04:26 |  #961

dropmyload wrote in post #17979495 (external link)
push.photo works for me.

They should sack their marketing staff as they have done a poor job letting people know they exist. Thanks for the heads up.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

sponsored links
DThriller
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Rhode Island
Oct 04, 2016 14:54 |  #962

Hey Im looking to buy lightroom 4 can anyone sell me a key?

http://www.facebook.co​m/DPhillipsStudios (external link)
http://DPhillipsStudio​s.com (external link)

Dan ­ Marchant
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2011
Oct 26, 2016 22:20 |  #963

Reviving this thread as I have now found a solution - but it just broke.

The LR/Instagram plugin for Lightroom allows you to publish directly from LR to Instagram. It works really well but, just recently, Instagram have borked it by changing their protocol.

The plugin still publishes the images but your images don't show up in hashtag searches - rendering them pretty much invisible to anyone but followers (and I assume only a % of those get to see them).

Hopefully the developer can update the plugin so that it works again.

Dan Marchant
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

Pagman
I just hold the thing :-)
Joined Dec 2011
Nov 20, 2016 13:02 |  #964

I use LR5 and dont wish to change it for more modern versions, If I was to use a dslr that is not supported(to new) but a lens used with the camera that is supported by my LR5, how will that work - advantages etc?

P.

Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

Nogo
I could have been worse....
Joined Dec 2013
All Along the Natchez Trace (Clinton, MS)
Nov 20, 2016 17:55 as a reply to Pagman's post |  #965

You will have to use the free DNG converter for Lightroom to recognize the RAW files from the unsupported camera or your other option is to use the JPEGS.

Once you do that it is basically the same as using a natively supported camera.

Philip
Does the TF actually know about the soda cans and PVC pipe from 30 years ago?

tonylong
...winded
54,592 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Vancouver, WA USA
Nov 20, 2016 18:00 |  #966

Pagman wrote in post #18189858 (external link)
I use LR5 and dont wish to change it for more modern versions, If I was to use a dslr that is not supported(to new) but a lens used with the camera that is supported by my LR5, how will that work - advantages etc?

P.

I myself don't have an unsupported camera, don't use DNG, and am not in the habit of using the Lens Correction profiles. I myself if needed prefer the manual adjustments, they work!

So, others will have to chime in, as to whether the profiles work with the DNG format!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBaseexternal link
Wildlife project pics hereexternal link, Biking Photog shoots hereexternal link, "Suburbia" project hereexternal link! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics hereexternal link

anitaw2
210 posts
Joined Jun 2015
Canada
Nov 24, 2016 18:20 |  #967

My temperature "kelvin" numbers in Lightroom 5 are gone..under Temp... It is at 0. How do I fix this?

Anita W.

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,569 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Dec 02, 2016 07:43 |  #968

anitaw2 wrote in post #18193873 (external link)
My temperature "kelvin" numbers in Lightroom 5 are gone..under Temp... It is at 0. How do I fix this?

K WB is avialable in LR 5. Start with a raw file. Look in DEVELOP module.

Tom

tonylong
...winded
54,592 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Vancouver, WA USA
Dec 02, 2016 10:47 |  #969

anitaw2 wrote in post #18193873 (external link)

This was answered in an "active" thread, but just to get it "registered" in the Sticky:

When you open/show a jpeg, the White Balance "As Shot" values show up as 0 (Temp and Tint). In other words, the WB is "set" in the jpeg image by the camera, although you can then do adjustments in your converter.

With Raw, the WB is not "set", although the Raw processor reads a "value" from the Raw exif data and that's what shows up in the Develop panel in LR as well as other processors -- you can change the WB in any of the available ways and those Temp/Tint values are wide open, and with a "proper" Raw developer the changes should be "non-destructive", i.e., they should not alter the Raw data.

Tony
Wildlife project pics hereexternal link, Biking Photog shoots hereexternal link, "Suburbia" project hereexternal link! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics hereexternal link

jc1350
145 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Maryland
Feb 26, 2017 16:41 |  #970

If this should be its own thread, let me know.

I have Lightroom CC through the photography plan on Mac OS. I'm just a home user/personal use, so I don't use it every day. The last few times I have used it, I can't quit without "killing" it. In the main menu "Quit" is grayed out. I can right-click it in the Dock and select "quit," but that command is ignored.

I'm paranoid about forcing it closed as I don't want to corrupt the DB.

Thanks,

John

--
John

tonylong
...winded
54,592 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Vancouver, WA USA
Feb 26, 2017 17:06 |  #971

jc1350 wrote in post #18285952 (external link)
If this should be its own thread, let me know.

I have Lightroom CC through the photography plan on Mac OS. I'm just a home user/personal use, so I don't use it every day. The last few times I have used it, I can't quit without "killing" it. In the main menu "Quit" is grayed out. I can right-click it in the Dock and select "quit," but that command is ignored.

I'm paranoid about forcing it closed as I don't want to corrupt the DB.

Thanks,

John

What exactly is the problem you're having?

Tony

jc1350
145 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Maryland
Feb 26, 2017 17:20 |  #972

I cannot quit Lightroom. It's grayed out in the menu and right-clicking and choosing "quit" from the Dock icon does nothing. I have to "kill" it which isn't graceful.

--
John

Dan ­ Marchant
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2011
Feb 26, 2017 19:51 |  #973

This is a known problem with LR on Mac. A fix has been announced though. You just need to type the following into your browser...

www.amazon.com (external link) buy Win PC

Yea sorry, got nothing useful for you.

Dan Marchant

jc1350
145 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Maryland
Feb 26, 2017 20:36 |  #974

Thanks for the info. I did find a work-around to safely quit LR. I crated a dummy catalog and switching back and forth lets me close Lightroom properly.

I do need a gaming PC....hhmmm...

--
John

sponsored links

299,073 views & 13 likes for this thread
Lightroom Threads
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.