Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Weddings and Other Family Events
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th of May 2007 (Sun)   #1
jjmucker

Default first time as 2nd shooter. C&C please

Hello everyone. i would really appreciate if you guys/girls could check out my images from a wedding i was shooting yesterday. ive only ever done 1 wedding were i was official photographer and i practically did it for free last year to gain experience, the other one was my cousins where i was a guest and i simply just took some images for them. so this one yesterday was a big deal for me.
the guy who im working with is great and he says from now on he will be using me when he gets bookings so thats great.
i'd appreciate some input on these images please. sorry for the link but there was a few i wanted to show so rather than posting them here i thought i'd just post a link to my site.

thanks

http://expressions.zenfolio.com/p334007580/

ps: i do realise that some folk prefer to have the images show up on here rather than links so i apologise in advance.

Glasgow Wedding - Portrait Photographer
jjmucker is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 13th of May 2007 (Sun)   #2
bcap
MR. PP

Default Re: first time as 2nd shooter. C&C please

Hi jmucker,

I think you did a great job as a 2nd shooter! I am very impressed! I have recently done my 1st two weddings as a 2nd shooter as well.

Question for you: Did you have any control over poses/setup for them? Also, how did you get the posed subjects to look at you? Did you simply say "Look over here", or, did you stand behind/right beside the main photog to get the same angle?

Also, how do you like the 17-55? Did you use it a lot? I am hoping to get it in a week or so to replace my siggy 24-70.

Overall, great job.
bcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of May 2007 (Sun)   #3
jjmucker

thanks man. the fella im working with is very easy going. i basically covered the groom/bestman in the morning before the ceremony. he covered the bride across town. then at the church i got the posed shots of the groom/bestman etc. he says its fine if im beside him taking the same shots but this just confuses the bride and groom so i basically took all he shots ive got on my website and he covered the rest. he done mostly all the formal images.

the posed ones i took i had control over them yeah, he knew i was capable (i hope ) so he just left me to it. the only time really were we were taking the same shots was when we had them walking hand in hand through the wood, which is a good job because i just got an email off him earlier saying some of the images he took of these shots didnt turn out the way he'd wanted so he has my set now. it seems/looks so much better having 2 photogrpahers doing a wedding if they are on the same wave length and things are organised, plus the fact we get on really well so thats good too.

the 17-55 is a fantastic lens that i highly recommend. it will probably be on your camera most of the day when you get one. great for low light work too.

This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 13th of May 2007 (Sun)   #4
MrsOpie

I think these are really nice. I love your attention to detail.

Salt Lake City Utah Wedding Photographer

Modern, Bold, Raw Emotion
MrsOpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of May 2007 (Sun)   #5
jjmucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsOpie View Post
I think these are really nice. I love your attention to detail.

thank you. i had a great time. and to think people make a living out of doing this. i hope maybe one day this is the case for me

Old 14th of May 2007 (Mon)   #6
wilky95

Hi JJ you have some nice shots and now you have the chance for more gigs things can only get better for you

Martin

http://www.wightphotography.com
wilky95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of May 2007 (Mon)   #7
jjmucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky95 View Post
Hi JJ you have some nice shots and now you have the chance for more gigs things can only get better for you

Martin
thanks man. yeah hopefully once i get a few under my belt i can get a really good portfolio made up to show future clients. i sent the link to the main shooter and he is really impressed with them too so im really happy. hopefully he has more on the horizon soon and that'll get me more experience