Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th of May 2007 (Thu)   #1
wizard13

Default CPL for Caribbean

I know there are tons of threads out there about circular polarizers (CPL's) but most are discussing sky shots. I was wondering what CPL's you guys would recommend for the Caribbean? The sunsets and water shots would be the bulk of the shooting. Looking at Hoya and B&W seems to confuse me since there are so many choices. I know that I do not want to go cheap, I want one that will preserve image quality. The CPL will be used on the Tamron 17-50 f2.8, with a 67mm filter size.
Thanks for any help!!!
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 17th of May 2007 (Thu)   #2
farrukh

Default Re: CPL for Caribbean

Sky is amazing in the Caribbean especially buttery clouds . A CPL will do magic there. I got Sigma EX CPL worked fine for me. But B+W and Hoya would be best.
5D Mark II + 40D | Lenses: Sigma 150-500mm BigmOS / Canon 24-105mm F4L IS / Canon 70-200 F4L IS / Canon 85mm 1.8 / Sigma Macro 70mm f/2.8 EX / Sigma 10-20mm EX / Canon 50mm f/1.8 II / Sigma 1.4x APO TC / Kenko 2x PRO300 DG. Lighting: Canon 580EX II + Metz 58 AF-1 + Sunpak 383...
Flickr
farrukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th of May 2007 (Thu)   #3
Heatseeker99

B+W 67mm Kaesemann MRC CP. If you have two weeks to spare for delivery from overseas, www.maxsaver.net has good prices.

1D mkIII \ 24-105L \70-200 2.8IS II \ 35L \ 85 1.8 \ Kenko 1.4x \ 580EXII \ 430EX + every piece of Nikon/Photogenic equipment imaginable at the studio.
Heatseeker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 17th of May 2007 (Thu)   #4
wizard13

Thanks for the input!!