Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
Thread started 18 May 2007 (Friday) 17:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon EF 70-210mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

dekalbSTEEL
Goldmember
1,793 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jun 05, 2007 10:38 |  #16

Thanks, Mike

I had bought a 58 screw in hood off ebay and it is totally cylindrical. does the canon model flare out at all? and does it screw in or clip in like a lens cap?

Grippy 30D, Tokina 300f4, Sigma 18-50f2.8, Canon 70-200f4L, thrifty50mkI, PM7500DX
Jon Gee Photography.com (external link)

sponsored links
In2Photos
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 05, 2007 10:40 |  #17

dekalbSTEEL wrote in post #3324591 (external link)
Thanks, Mike

I had bought a 58 screw in hood off ebay and it is totally cylindrical. does the canon model flare out at all? and does it screw in or clip in like a lens cap?

It is completely cylindrical, not petal shaped. It has the two spring loaded clips like a lens cap.

Mike, The Keeper of the Archive

Current Gear and Feedback| My Pbase Galleryexternal link | mdsportsphoto.comexternal linkhttp://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=835433

joruiz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,589 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jun 05, 2007 14:21 |  #18

dekalbSTEEL wrote in post #3256324 (external link)
Hey Joel, you beat me to that lens by 2 minutes!

So I found another member selling one.:)

hey... glad I did hehehe... I'm happy with this lens, good thing you found another. I saw two of these lenses for sale right after I bought mine.

In2Photos... those are some great pictures! what PP did you do to them?

I hope more people join this archive. I will post more of my pictures soon.

Joel

Joel, not joruiz (:
my facebook profile (external link) | my facebook fanpage 1 (external link) | my facebook fanpage 2 (external link) | My Tumblr! site (external link)

envision1
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jun 11, 2007 21:54 |  #19

I happen to have one of these lenses' and am just wondering what the going price for one is....

In2Photos
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 11, 2007 22:14 |  #20

joruiz wrote in post #3325718 (external link)
hey... glad I did hehehe... I'm happy with this lens, good thing you found another. I saw two of these lenses for sale right after I bought mine.

Joel

Sorry Joel. I didn't realize you posted this.

My PP is pretty basic. I shoot RAW only. The first set of photos were all done with Photoshop CS2. I basically do all my edits in ACR, convert to TIFF, apply some sharpening and print or post on the web. The first shot of my wife had some retouching done. There were some marks from her sun glasses, some wisps of hair that I removed, and some small blemishes. I also slighty corrected a yellow cast on her teeth caused by a warmer WB that I liked better. Here is an animated gif showing before and after (give it a sec to load)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif'

On the second batch I used LR. My edits are done the same way though, only the basics like exposure, recovery, fill light, shadows, curves, and some vibrance are used. The first shot in this series does have a preset that I downloaded called 300 (for the movie), but otherwise only mior adjustments are made.

Current Gear and Feedback| My Pbase Galleryexternal link | mdsportsphoto.comexternal linkhttp://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=835433

In2Photos
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 11, 2007 22:15 |  #21

envision1 wrote in post #3361851 (external link)
I happen to have one of these lenses' and am just wondering what the going price for one is....

I have seen them go between $165 and $225 depending on condition and included accessories like hood, filter, etc.

envision1
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jun 13, 2007 19:12 |  #22

thanks!

joruiz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,589 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jun 25, 2007 19:15 |  #23

I thought I would share this pic.. nothing espectacular but I just liked it. It has some PP in LR and USM.

EF 70-210mm @ 70mm
1/125
f/4.0
ISO 400

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

Joel, not joruiz (:
my facebook profile (external link) | my facebook fanpage 1 (external link) | my facebook fanpage 2 (external link) | My Tumblr! site (external link)

rprimeau95
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 29, 2007 01:12 |  #24

joruiz wrote in post #3325718 (external link)

Joel

I purchased this lens off ebay recently and was told that it was for the 35mm camera it works with my canon rebel I sure hope that is ok? Whenever I mention it to others they say you men the 70-200 I say no 70-210 they say never heard of it. Someone please tell me it is ok to use on the digital canons

thans

david888lee
804 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 29, 2007 04:09 |  #25

oh man, now i want this lens! lol, btw, around how much should this lens be costing for a used one, of course

Canon 50d | Canon Xti | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS | Sigma 30 f/1.4

[-=Feedback=-] [flickr] external link

simwells
Goldmember
1,504 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 29, 2007 06:57 |  #26

rprimeau95 wrote in post #4209795 (external link)
I purchased this lens off ebay recently and was told that it was for the 35mm camera it works with my canon rebel I sure hope that is ok? Whenever I mention it to others they say you men the 70-200 I say no 70-210 they say never heard of it. Someone please tell me it is ok to use on the digital canons

thans

It's entirely fine, any EF or EF-S lenses can be used on the digital bodies with smaller sensors sans the 10D (eg. the Rebel, XT, XTI, 20D and 30D)

Gear List

JVolz
426 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 29, 2007 07:13 |  #27

david888lee wrote in post #4210164 (external link)
oh man, now i want this lens! lol, btw, around how much should this lens be costing for a used one, of course

They seem to be in about the $200-225 USD range.

Joe Volz

In2Photos
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 29, 2007 07:16 |  #28

david888lee wrote in post #4210164 (external link)

JVolz wrote in post #4210621 (external link)
They seem to be in about the $200-225 USD range.

If people are getting that for them I should have waited to sell mine. ;) Most should go around $150-$180 depending on condition and accessories included.

goatee
"nice but dim"
5,239 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 29, 2007 08:35 |  #29

Yes, it will work fine with your camera. Any Canon autofocus lens will work with your Rebel.

Enjoy!

rprimeau95 wrote in post #4209795 (external link)

thans

D7100, 50mm f/1.8, 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6, 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR, SB800
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=552906flickr (external link)

thunnus
71 posts
Joined Jun 2003

Oct 29, 2007 13:18 as a reply to  @ goatee's post |  #30

Newbie with an XTi. Shot with the EF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 at 140mm
ISO100, f/5.6, 1/125 sec

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …0Family/IMG_703​1_copy.jpg (external link)

Canon 7D, EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM

sponsored links

210,169 views & 6 likes for this thread
Canon EF 70-210mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.