Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 21 May 2007 (Monday) 16:28
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sync an external servo flash with G7

dexdex
128 posts
Joined May 2007
Switzerland (Old Europe)
May 21, 2007 16:28 |  #1

Hi All, I'm new on this forum, as a new owner of a G7, former (well, still..) IXUS 40 user, and Nikon FE2 25 years ago....
Does anyone know how (if possible) to synchronize an external flash, in my case an old OSRAM SC18 SERVO, which is triggered by the built-in flash.
The flash gets off, but not at the right time, probably too early as the G7 flashes twice.
Thanks, greetings from Switzerland. Dex

Nikon D300, Canon G7

rpolitsr
Joined Jun 2005
Quito - Ecuador
May 21, 2007 19:49 |  #2

In order to use my Pro1 with an old Anton Bauer E 200 autoblitz, I must switch to Manual mode, 1/60 sec, otherwise, the slave flash triggers with the pre-flash for E-TTL measurement instead of triggering with the main flash.

rafael
Canon powershot Pro1, EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleriesexternal link
"Personal messaging regarding selling or buying items with members who have no posts in forums and/or who you do not know from forums is hereby declared strictly stupid and you will get burned."
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

dexdex
THREAD ­ STARTER
128 posts
Joined May 2007
Switzerland (Old Europe)
May 22, 2007 03:56 |  #3

HolĂ  Rafael,
thanks for your suggestion. It works ! Greetings from sunny Geneva.
Dex

Nikon D300, Canon G7

2,882 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sync an external servo flash with G7
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.