Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd of May 2007 (Wed)   #1
Mario.

Default Lightroom DB on Multiple Computers

I haven't done too much research on this, so this is a somewhat open-minded question. Has anyone used Lightroom on multiple machines?

Basically, here's the deal - I have my images mirrored on my desktop and my laptop utilizing a software sync tool. What would be necessary to be able to have the Lightroom settings/info mirrored as well? Any documentation? Thanks.
Old 23rd of May 2007 (Wed)   #2
KAS

Default Re: Lightroom DB on Multiple Computers

I don't really know...however, my guess would be that if you schedule Lightroom to do its backups daily you could use the backed up files on the mirrored computer. \

My logic is that, if the backup can be used to restore a deleted database, then there's no reason it couldn't be used to generate a library on another computer

just my thoughts...haven't actually tried it.

| Niagara Weddings & Portraits - Afterglow Images
| Niagara Weddings & Portraits - Afterglow Images Blog
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of May 2007 (Wed)   #3
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Move the Lightroom Database files to the same drive as your images are stored and mirrored.

In2Photos is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 24th of May 2007 (Thu)   #4
KAS

that's MUCH simpler....yes, I agree that would probably work

| Niagara Weddings & Portraits - Afterglow Images
| Niagara Weddings & Portraits - Afterglow Images Blog
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of May 2007 (Wed)   #5
bphillips330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario. View Post
I haven't done too much research on this, so this is a somewhat open-minded question. Has anyone used Lightroom on multiple machines?

Basically, here's the deal - I have my images mirrored on my desktop and my laptop utilizing a software sync tool. What would be necessary to be able to have the Lightroom settings/info mirrored as well? Any documentation? Thanks.

what software do you use to do the mirror I have been looking for this kind of software for a while. I have used norton ghost to do backups. but to easaly access those files after backups are made is a pain. I see with lightroom that it can automaticly make backups to another drive on import. The problem is, that if you rename the files say to a shoot name, when it makes backup files, it saves original name. not the new name that you renamed the file to. any advice on this?
Flash: 580 exII
A whole bunch of other goodies.
bphillips330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of May 2007 (Wed)   #6
Mario.

I use SyncToy and have had zero complaints with it.