FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
Thread started 17 May 2004 (Monday) 08:39   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

brainwerks
Mostly Lurking
Joined May 2004
18 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

On my old Pentax K1000 lenses I used to have a nice tether that would attach the lens cap to the lens so when I took off the lens it would hang out of the way. I have looked at B&H for some similar lens caps but haven't found anything. Surely something like this exists for Canon users? What do you guys and gals do with your lens caps when you take them off?

Post #1, May 17, 2004 08:39:29

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
WebErika
Joined Apr 2004
94 posts
North Georgia
[MORE/SHARE]

brainwerks wrote:
On my old Pentax K1000 lenses I used to have a nice tether that would attach the lens cap to the lens so when I took off the lens it would hang out of the way. I have looked at B&H for some similar lens caps but haven't found anything. Surely something like this exists for Canon users? What do you guys and gals do with your lens caps when you take them off?

Um... lose them! :D

Actually, I haven't lost any yet -- but I've come close. Generally I put them in my pocket or if hubby and I are together, we take turns holding it. We're pretty religious with the lens caps -- I even keep our other lens in their plastic bags with their silicone gel in our camera bag though ...

Call me a freak ...

I would love to have a tether though too ...

Post #2, May 17, 2004 08:49:58

Cheers,
Erika
Canon D60 always within reach :D

KennyG
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2003
2,252 posts
Leeds, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

brainwerks wrote:
What do you guys and gals do with your lens caps when you take them off?

Stick them in my pocket/vest so I don't look like a tourist. Never lost one in 25+ years of photography.

Post #3, May 17, 2004 09:24:36

Ken
Professional Motorsport Photographer
2 x 1D MK-II, 7D, 17-40L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100-400L,
300 2.8L IS, 500 4.0L IS, 85 1.8, 50 1.4, 1.4 & 2.0 MK-II TC.

hmhm
Joined Nov 2002
267 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Go to www.bhphoto.comexternal link and search for "SICK2", for the "SIMA Cap Keeper II".

I started using these after losing a lens cap or two. But, finally, I found that the lens cap was just hanging "in the way" in an annoying manner, and just starting stuffing the lens cap in my pocket. I suppose if I had a habit of shooting while wearing nothing but a speedo, I might have to consider a different solution, but to date that hasn't been a common problem. :)
-harry

Post #4, May 17, 2004 09:25:00

defordphoto
MKIII Aficionado
Joined Oct 2002
9,888 posts
Pacific Northwest
[MORE/SHARE]

KennyG wrote:
brainwerks wrote:

Stick them in my pocket/vest so I don't look like a tourist. Never lost one in 25+ years of photography.

That's for sure! Total giveaway of a newbie snapshooter!! :D That's why we have a million pockets on our photovests. I am so with you on this one Kenny!

Post #5, May 17, 2004 09:43:44

defordphoto | Celebrating the art of photography®
SD500, 10D, 20D, 30D, 5D, 1DMKII, 1DMKIII
www.ussbaracing.comexternal link | www.rfmsports.comexternal link | www.nwfjcc.comexternal link
An austere and pleasant poetry of the real. Ansel Adams

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
WebErika
Joined Apr 2004
94 posts
North Georgia
[MORE/SHARE]

KennyG wrote:
brainwerks wrote:

Ahh ... but I don't always have pockets ... :(

Though I do have a bra ... :D

Post #6, May 17, 2004 12:20:44

Cheers,
Erika
Canon D60 always within reach :D

Lamplight
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2004
1,068 posts
Bellingham, WA
[MORE/SHARE]

I usually just put mine in my pocket. However, when I get my 1200mm L lens this may be a problem. :D

Post #7, May 17, 2004 12:26:32

Cadwell
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2004
7,333 posts
Hampshire, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

brainwerks wrote:

Well personally I stick mine in my pocket, but I saw a product called "Capkeeper" made by a company called Hama in a catalogue which dropped through my letterbox today. It would seem to do what you want. These people don't have much of a web sales thing going (their web site is terrible) but they were pretty good to deal with last time I bought something from them. If you are interested, drop them an e-mail on sales@speedgraphic.co.​uk.

Post #8, May 17, 2004 12:48:09

Glenn
My Pictures: Motorsportexternal link/Canoe Poloexternal link/Other Stuffexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,474 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lens Cap Tether
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES