Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Flash and Studio Lighting
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th of May 2007 (Sun)   #1
burge

Default Portbale small light & background unit - very small budget!

I'm keen to try some product photography and the like and want to have a small setup in my garage. It need to be collapsable so I can move it out the way and would also therefore be portable.

I've been looking around for some DIY ideas and as well as the DIY lightbox thread on POTN I've found this:

http://www.diyphotography.net/homest...backdrop-stand

I like the idea of the halogen lights being attached to the stand itself. I was going to modify and rather than it just holding the backdrop I was going to give it a 3D effect thus giving me the ability to mount lights coming in from the side onto the subject and possibly even front lighting. I will make it so the lights can be moved around on the pipework

One of the main concerns is by using the halogen style lights will the light be too harsh as no diffuser is being used?

This setup would give me the option to photography larger object than with a lightbox and would be more storage friendly.

Am I going to be wasting my time here or will it work?

Thanks in advance.
Body: Canon 70D. Glass: Canon 70-200mm f4 L , Canon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. Sigma 10-20mm Flash: Canon 580exII, Canon 430ex, Yonguo 565. Accessories: Pocket Wizard Mini TT1 and Flex TT, Lee 100mm Filter holder, Hitech Pro Stopper.
burge is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member