Software Necessary for S2 IS Video Transfer?

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Thread started 09 Jun 2007 (Saturday) 18:53   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

jedipwnces
Hatchling
Joined Jun 2007
2 posts
Dallas, TX
[MORE/SHARE]

So... In a fit of disorganization, I have misplaced the software that came with my Canon digital camera (I've looked it up- it's Canon Digital Camera Solution v. 24, packaged with the PowerShot S2 IS, which I bought Dec. 2006). I recently had to reinstall everything on my computer, due to bizarro HD failure, so I'm starting from scratch, trying to pull driver cds and things together. The Canon stuff is MIA... this is okay, really, because I had been using iPhoto/Adobe Elements (I'm on a Mac, OS 10.3.9) instead of ImageBrowser or whatever it was they had bundled. So I can get pictures off my camera just fine.

However, recently, someone asked me to show them the video-recording capabilities (which was silly, because I have no idea what I'm doing... this camera is smarter than I am!), and we discovered we couldn't figure out how to get videos off of the camera. iMovie doesn't import things from external devices, apparently, and iPhoto doesn't do video clips...

So, I've contacted Canon support via e-mail, but have yet to hear anything back from them (it's only been a couple of days, but I'm anxious). I'm wondering if it's possible to order replacement copies of the bundled cd, but more, if anyone knows if it's possible to transfer the videos from the camera to the computer without using the bundled software.

Any advice or insight would be appreciate. :) Thanks guys!

Post #1, Jun 09, 2007 18:53:48

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
SaNdMaN82
Joined May 2006
159 posts
Buenos Aires, Argentina
[MORE/SHARE]

well, i don't know about macs, but under windows you can access external devices such as cameras, without installing any drivers (if i'm not mistaken)

when you plug the camera, windows recognize it as an external device, and then you can browse it with ease.

the other thing you could do, is to get a card reader. I'm thinking about getting one, because some times Canons software is pretty dull... I mean, if i wanna edit a picture (resize or whatever), i can't upload it via CameraWindow. :S

i hope i've helped ;)

Post #2, Jun 09, 2007 18:59:59

Greetings,
Canon S2 IS

jedipwnces
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jun 2007
2 posts
Dallas, TX
[MORE/SHARE]

Ooooh! Card reader... that would be good... I have some access to a PC, so I'll have to look into that option too. If I could find a memory card dock, though, that would be ideal.

Thanks!

Post #3, Jun 09, 2007 19:11:02

LIST NEARBY THREADS
580 views & 0 likes for this thread
Software Necessary for S2 IS Video Transfer?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES