Will a 5D + grip fit comfortably in a Crumpler Six Million Dollar Home?

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 21 Jun 2007 (Thursday) 05:08   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Jim ­ G
I feel thoroughly satisfied
Joined Jun 2005
12,251 posts
Australia.
[MORE/SHARE]

As the title says... I've seen quite a few shots of the 20D+grip fitting into this bag and it looks like there's enough room for a 5D+grip to reasonably fit in there as it isn't that much bigger... but does anyone actually have this combination and find that it works without majorly deforming the bag?

I'm going to check out the bag in-store tomorrow but I'm impatient and may misjudge the size of the 5D+grip so I figured I'd ask here to assuage my fears ;)

Oh, and the lens I'd be attaching would be the 24-70L+reversed hood, facing down. It certainly looks deep enough to handle it.

Post #1, Jun 21, 2007 05:08:25

Gear Listhttp://www.codastudios​.com.auexternal link Reviews & Hotlinks: Domke F-3x - Pelican 1510/1514external link & 1610/1614external link - DIY Variable Length OC-E3 - Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Homeexternal link - FA-100external link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
cp-Mike
Joined Apr 2007
42 posts
Los Angeles, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

I use the 6 MDH for my 1D and 24-70. I can also fit two other lenses of similar length in there, flash, and a few accessories, but at that point it's really tight. Even with just the camera + lens, it's pretty tall, and to get the velcro on the top flap to reach the front of the bag, you might need to flip up that little flap that covers the outer accessory pocket.

I'm wondering if a 7 MDH would be a little better for me, but the 6 is great if you're not carrying too much, because it's a nice overall size.

Post #2, Jun 21, 2007 16:27:15

Jim ­ G
THREAD ­ STARTER
I feel thoroughly satisfied
Joined Jun 2005
12,251 posts
Australia.
[MORE/SHARE]

cp-Mike wrote in post #3417062external link
I use the 6 MDH for my 1D and 24-70. I can also fit two other lenses of similar length in there, flash, and a few accessories, but at that point it's really tight. Even with just the camera + lens, it's pretty tall, and to get the velcro on the top flap to reach the front of the bag, you might need to flip up that little flap that covers the outer accessory pocket.

I'm wondering if a 7 MDH would be a little better for me, but the 6 is great if you're not carrying too much, because it's a nice overall size.

Thanks so much for that.

I have a Stealth Reporter D400AW which carries all of my gear with loads of room to spare for when I want to carry everything, right now I'm just looking for something small to carry the camera+two zooms or a zoom and a prime+flash and basically nothing else when I'm just carrying it around casually and don't want a huge bag. As long as the camera body+grip or 1-series + 24-70 fit reasonably and at least one other item fits in there I can live with anything else.

Post #3, Jun 22, 2007 00:47:50

Gear Listhttp://www.codastudios​.com.auexternal link Reviews & Hotlinks: Domke F-3x - Pelican 1510/1514external link & 1610/1614external link - DIY Variable Length OC-E3 - Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Homeexternal link - FA-100external link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
904 views & 0 likes for this thread
Will a 5D + grip fit comfortably in a Crumpler Six Million Dollar Home?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES