Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Accessories & Storage
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st of June 2007 (Thu)   #1
Jim G
I feel thoroughly satisfied

Default Will a 5D + grip fit comfortably in a Crumpler Six Million Dollar Home?

As the title says... I've seen quite a few shots of the 20D+grip fitting into this bag and it looks like there's enough room for a 5D+grip to reasonably fit in there as it isn't that much bigger... but does anyone actually have this combination and find that it works without majorly deforming the bag?

I'm going to check out the bag in-store tomorrow but I'm impatient and may misjudge the size of the 5D+grip so I figured I'd ask here to assuage my fears

Oh, and the lens I'd be attaching would be the 24-70L+reversed hood, facing down. It certainly looks deep enough to handle it.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 21st of June 2007 (Thu)   #2
cp-Mike

Default Re: Will a 5D + grip fit comfortably in a Crumpler Six Million Dollar Home?

I use the 6 MDH for my 1D and 24-70. I can also fit two other lenses of similar length in there, flash, and a few accessories, but at that point it's really tight. Even with just the camera + lens, it's pretty tall, and to get the velcro on the top flap to reach the front of the bag, you might need to flip up that little flap that covers the outer accessory pocket.

I'm wondering if a 7 MDH would be a little better for me, but the 6 is great if you're not carrying too much, because it's a nice overall size.
cp-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of June 2007 (Fri)   #3
Jim G
I feel thoroughly satisfied

Default Re: Will a 5D + grip fit comfortably in a Crumpler Six Million Dollar Home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp-Mike View Post
I use the 6 MDH for my 1D and 24-70. I can also fit two other lenses of similar length in there, flash, and a few accessories, but at that point it's really tight. Even with just the camera + lens, it's pretty tall, and to get the velcro on the top flap to reach the front of the bag, you might need to flip up that little flap that covers the outer accessory pocket.

I'm wondering if a 7 MDH would be a little better for me, but the 6 is great if you're not carrying too much, because it's a nice overall size.
Thanks so much for that.

I have a Stealth Reporter D400AW which carries all of my gear with loads of room to spare for when I want to carry everything, right now I'm just looking for something small to carry the camera+two zooms or a zoom and a prime+flash and basically nothing else when I'm just carrying it around casually and don't want a huge bag. As long as the camera body+grip or 1-series + 24-70 fit reasonably and at least one other item fits in there I can live with anything else.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member