|22nd of June 2007 (Fri)||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Where to order prints? Please help!
I need to find the right place to order prints that can live up to these expectations and whatever else people think of:
Alright, so what I'll be doing this summer us selling prints that I will be taking on a daily basis. I'll have a printer and paper on sight in case people want to get the prints right away (no larger than 8x10 on sight), but I kind of want to discourage using the on sight printer so it will cost more.
Anyways, so I want people to be able to order prints and then I'll place my order every few days to an online printing site and have them mailed. So what I need:
1. Good quality printing small and large is a must
2. It can't be over priced, I'm trying to make profit here, not lose money.
3. I need them to be able to ship the different prints to the adresses I request even if the photos are ordered at the same time. I want to avoid the photos being mailed to be and then me having to re-mail them.
4. Somebody that isn't hard to work with, and that has friendly people.
5. It would be nice if the place printed on things as well such as shirts or mouse pads or random things like that, you get my point.
6. I want the site to be semi-easy for me to navigate on. My internet will not be very fast and I don't want to need to go through ten different places.
I'll add to this list as I think of more things, but any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. I'm trying to get all this set up with in the next week, please help if you can!
I've heard some good things about the site mpix.com, can anybody tell me anything about them?
My Camera::XTi - The Mac:: 2007 MacBook Pro Favorite Lense:: Sigma 18-200 Tri/Mono:: Manfrotto 190XPROB - 679B Flash:: 430EX - GaryFong Defuser[u]– CS3 - Website:: LisaMcCoyPhotography.com
|22nd of June 2007 (Fri)||#2|
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Beach California
Re: Where to order prints? Please help!
Check out the Pro Gallery on Shutterfly. When you join for $99 a year plus a 15% commission, they do everything for you. You price the prints yourself, send customers an album and they order from it. They can use credit cards whatever, and shutterfly sends you a check every month, minus their commission. (Credit card fees are included in the commission even!) They handle customer service and everything.
Even if you don't join the gallery, you can do all the things you mentioned. Their customer service is top notch, prints arrive quickly, quality is really good, prices are reasonable, and they offer all kinds of great products. They offer consumers pre-paid print plans as well.
Check them out!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|any suggestion where to order 24x36 prints||bedevere007||RAW, Post Processing and Printing||16||26th of January 2007 (Fri) 15:49|
|Where to order prints online||Mikester||The Business of Photography||4||25th of September 2006 (Mon) 13:09|
|Where do you order prints from?||cinci-photo||The POTN Lounge||17||26th of July 2006 (Wed) 21:50|
|Order large online prints?||scraggles||RAW, Post Processing and Printing||5||21st of February 2006 (Tue) 22:37|