Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th of June 2007 (Wed)   #1
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Default Lightroom can burn CDs too!

Most of you probably already knew this but if you didn't then read on.

Last night I was trying to put together some shots for my wife's step mom of her visit this past weekend. I had some that needed printing and others that needed to go on a disk. Normally I just output the JPEGs to a folder and burn them using Nero. Well last night I decided to use the preset that LR has to "Burn Full Size JPEGS" or something like that and in the last drop down menu I told LR to burn the files to disc when finished converting. I had 466 pics going to disc and once LR finished the task of converting them it popped up a dialog to burn the discs. "Wow", I thought. I just figured it was going to launch Nero for me or tell be to burn the disc now. There was a drop down menu to select the drive, one to select the speed, and it then told me that it would require two discs to complete the task and allowed me to name each one before the burn. Very nice!

So needless to say I will certainly be using this feature again.

In2Photos is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of June 2007 (Wed)   #2
EOSAddict
Book Committee Immortal

Default Re: Lightroom can burn CDs too!

End-to end workflow lives! Nice one mike. Looking forward to getting home and trying 1.1

My Gear, My Website: www.e-ScapePhotography.co.uk
EOSAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of June 2007 (Wed)   #3
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOSAddict View Post
End-to end workflow lives! Nice one mike. Looking forward to getting home and trying 1.1
Me too, but this was still 1.0.

This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of June 2007 (Wed)   #4
ejay79

It didn't work on Vista in 1.0, I was burning a muli-dvd set of photos and it blew up near the end of the first disc. Here's to hoping it's fixed in 1.1!
ejay79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of June 2007 (Wed)   #5
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay79 View Post
It didn't work on Vista in 1.0, I was burning a muli-dvd set of photos and it blew up near the end of the first disc. Here's to hoping it's fixed in 1.1!
Sorry to hear that. I use XP but haven't tried burning to DVD yet either. I did have trouble burning DVDs with Nero though. I had to slow them down to 12x rather than 16x to eliminate the problem.

Old 27th of June 2007 (Wed)   #6
EOSAddict
Book Committee Immortal

Mike,

One thing I felt was missing from LR was a decent image backup facility (yes, library backup is covered but not images themselves). Does this burn facility cover this off do you think? (although I would still like a facility to back up images to another HDD.

Old 27th of June 2007 (Wed)   #7
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOSAddict View Post
Mike,

One thing I felt was missing from LR was a decent image backup facility (yes, library backup is covered but not images themselves). Does this burn facility cover this off do you think? (although I would still like a facility to back up images to another HDD.
I believe it could if you export to DNG (unless you prefer to backup using JPEG or TIFF or PSD). Of course there is no backup of RAW files this way. For that I choose to copy originals during Import to a folder titled "Needing Backup" and then burn these unedited originals to DVD. I also run Acronis every night for my Library, er, catalog and weekly for my entire photos drive.

Old 27th of June 2007 (Wed)   #8
EOSAddict
Book Committee Immortal

Mike,

I too use the impoirt backup function but that has the potential to clog up my HDD if I then bin a load of images when I sort them post import!

Here we go agaion.. PSE has a simple backup function that allows image backup to either HDD or Disk .. oh well .

It's not a real issue as I use syncback anyway.. but it's just one area where the end-to-end workflow falls down.

Old 27th of June 2007 (Wed)   #9
canonphotog

Sweet!, I don't normally take the time to burn a disc of any of my images, but this will change all that.