Lightroom can burn CDs too!

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 27 Jun 2007 (Wednesday) 09:48   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

In2Photos
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2005
19,808 posts
Near Charlotte, NC.
[MORE/SHARE]

Most of you probably already knew this but if you didn't then read on.

Last night I was trying to put together some shots for my wife's step mom of her visit this past weekend. I had some that needed printing and others that needed to go on a disk. Normally I just output the JPEGs to a folder and burn them using Nero. Well last night I decided to use the preset that LR has to "Burn Full Size JPEGS" or something like that and in the last drop down menu I told LR to burn the files to disc when finished converting. I had 466 pics going to disc and once LR finished the task of converting them it popped up a dialog to burn the discs. "Wow", I thought. I just figured it was going to launch Nero for me or tell be to burn the disc now. There was a drop down menu to select the drive, one to select the speed, and it then told me that it would require two discs to complete the task and allowed me to name each one before the burn. Very nice!

So needless to say I will certainly be using this feature again.

Post #1, Jun 27, 2007 09:48:42

Mike, The Keeper of the Archive

Current Gear and Feedback| My Pbase Galleryexternal link | mdsportsphoto.comexternal linkhttp://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=835433

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
EOSAddict
Book Committee Immortal
Joined Apr 2005
6,063 posts
Preston, Lancashire, England
[MORE/SHARE]

End-to end workflow lives! Nice one mike. Looking forward to getting home and trying 1.1

Post #2, Jun 27, 2007 09:51:33

Al
My Gear, My Website: www.e-ScapePhotography.co.ukexternal link

In2Photos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2005
19,808 posts
Near Charlotte, NC.
[MORE/SHARE]

EOSAddict wrote in post #3447935external link
End-to end workflow lives! Nice one mike. Looking forward to getting home and trying 1.1

Me too, but this was still 1.0. :)

Post #3, Jun 27, 2007 09:52:06

Current Gear and Feedback| My Pbase Galleryexternal link | mdsportsphoto.comexternal linkhttp://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=835433

ejay79
Joined May 2007
135 posts
Illinois, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

It didn't work on Vista in 1.0, I was burning a muli-dvd set of photos and it blew up near the end of the first disc. Here's to hoping it's fixed in 1.1!

Post #4, Jun 27, 2007 09:59:24

ejiphotos.comexternal link, The Johnson Blogexternal link
+Eric Johnsonexternal link, @eajhnsn1external link

In2Photos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2005
19,808 posts
Near Charlotte, NC.
[MORE/SHARE]

ejay79 wrote in post #3447972external link
It didn't work on Vista in 1.0, I was burning a muli-dvd set of photos and it blew up near the end of the first disc. Here's to hoping it's fixed in 1.1!

Sorry to hear that. I use XP but haven't tried burning to DVD yet either. I did have trouble burning DVDs with Nero though. I had to slow them down to 12x rather than 16x to eliminate the problem.

Post #5, Jun 27, 2007 10:03:55

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
EOSAddict
Book Committee Immortal
Joined Apr 2005
6,063 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Mike,

One thing I felt was missing from LR was a decent image backup facility (yes, library backup is covered but not images themselves). Does this burn facility cover this off do you think? (although I would still like a facility to back up images to another HDD.

Post #6, Jun 27, 2007 10:12:37

Al

In2Photos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2005
19,808 posts
Near Charlotte, NC.
[MORE/SHARE]

EOSAddict wrote in post #3448037external link
Mike,

One thing I felt was missing from LR was a decent image backup facility (yes, library backup is covered but not images themselves). Does this burn facility cover this off do you think? (although I would still like a facility to back up images to another HDD.

I believe it could if you export to DNG (unless you prefer to backup using JPEG or TIFF or PSD). Of course there is no backup of RAW files this way. For that I choose to copy originals during Import to a folder titled "Needing Backup" and then burn these unedited originals to DVD. I also run Acronis every night for my Library, er, catalog ;) and weekly for my entire photos drive.

Post #7, Jun 27, 2007 10:29:45

EOSAddict
Book Committee Immortal
Joined Apr 2005
6,063 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Mike,

I too use the impoirt backup function but that has the potential to clog up my HDD if I then bin a load of images when I sort them post import!

Here we go agaion.. PSE has a simple backup function that allows image backup to either HDD or Disk .. oh well ;).

It's not a real issue as I use syncback anyway.. but it's just one area where the end-to-end workflow falls down.

Post #8, Jun 27, 2007 10:36:19

Al

canonphotog
Joined Nov 2005
795 posts
Texas (Greater San Antonio Area)
[MORE/SHARE]

Sweet!, I don't normally take the time to burn a disc of any of my images, but this will change all that.

Post #9, Jun 27, 2007 13:00:29

-Ken
Gear List|Kenny D. Photographyexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
4,216 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom can burn CDs too!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES