My gallery - please take a look!

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries
Thread started 24 Jul 2007 (Tuesday) 16:50   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

nomorebs
Joined Feb 2006
182 posts
Norway
[MORE/SHARE]

Well, here it is:
http://www.shotwideope​n.comexternal link
I need to clean up some details - and I haven't uploaded a lot of photos yet.

All feedback is very welcome!

Post #1, Jul 24, 2007 16:50:35

400D+BG-3E | 40D
16-35 2.8L II
| 50 1.2L | 100 2.8 Macro | What's next?
2 x LowePro Dryzone Rover | Kata H-14

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
nomorebs
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Feb 2006
182 posts
Norway
[MORE/SHARE]

Does it all look ok? I need feedback :)

Post #2, Jul 25, 2007 17:02:49

400D+BG-3E | 40D
16-35 2.8L II
| 50 1.2L | 100 2.8 Macro | What's next?
2 x LowePro Dryzone Rover | Kata H-14

shannyD
"...in too much trouble"
Joined Jul 2007
5,219 posts
scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.
[MORE/SHARE]

i think a colored backround, like black always seems a good choice. and where the lines a grey, change the color to something that stands out a little bit more. otherwise there isnt much to it. then again i like seeing color and contrast. i think your photos are awesome though.

Post #3, Jul 25, 2007 17:04:46

tomr7
Joined Jul 2007
52 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Nothing wrong with simple. Id suggest perhaps, a 1px vertical line (same shade as the horizontals, either side of the content as a subtle border, and perhaps an improved composition in terms of the 'Album' thumbs. Id make them small enough to fit all on the one line, or if you're planning on adding another 2 sections, well, disregard that :D

Also, not sure about the border on the 'Album' thumbs either. Id perhaps make the shadow on the outside of the border and make it a reasonably dark, 'crisp' shadow if anything.

Id also consider putting some sort of border (3px?) around the top thumbs; a rollover would be nice, and it's not hard at all. You could make the initial border the same grey as the 'Shot' in the heading, and the rollover state the same orange as in the 'Photography' in the heading.

maybe...Keep the spacing between each row the same. I.E. The gap between the first row of thumbs and the 'Albums' heading. But that's probably a bit over the top in the nitpicking department, sorry.

Oh and maybe a more interesting font for the headings.

Other than that, it's nice. Anyway, that's all just how I see it, I could well be wrong ;)

Post #4, Jul 26, 2007 00:53:34 as a reply to post 3610451

LIST NEARBY THREADS
672 views & 0 likes for this thread
My gallery - please take a look!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES