Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Presentation
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th of July 2007 (Tue)   #1
nomorebs

Default My gallery - please take a look!

Well, here it is:
http://www.shotwideopen.com
I need to clean up some details - and I haven't uploaded a lot of photos yet.

All feedback is very welcome!
2 x LowePro Dryzone Rover | Kata H-14
nomorebs is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 25th of July 2007 (Wed)   #2
nomorebs

Default Re: My gallery - please take a look!

Does it all look ok? I need feedback
2 x LowePro Dryzone Rover | Kata H-14
nomorebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of July 2007 (Wed)   #3
shannyD
"...in too much trouble"

Location: scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.

i think a colored backround, like black always seems a good choice. and where the lines a grey, change the color to something that stands out a little bit more. otherwise there isnt much to it. then again i like seeing color and contrast. i think your photos are awesome though.
shannyD is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 26th of July 2007 (Thu)   #4
tomr7

Nothing wrong with simple. Id suggest perhaps, a 1px vertical line (same shade as the horizontals, either side of the content as a subtle border, and perhaps an improved composition in terms of the 'Album' thumbs. Id make them small enough to fit all on the one line, or if you're planning on adding another 2 sections, well, disregard that

Also, not sure about the border on the 'Album' thumbs either. Id perhaps make the shadow on the outside of the border and make it a reasonably dark, 'crisp' shadow if anything.

Id also consider putting some sort of border (3px?) around the top thumbs; a rollover would be nice, and it's not hard at all. You could make the initial border the same grey as the 'Shot' in the heading, and the rollover state the same orange as in the 'Photography' in the heading.

maybe...Keep the spacing between each row the same. I.E. The gap between the first row of thumbs and the 'Albums' heading. But that's probably a bit over the top in the nitpicking department, sorry.

Oh and maybe a more interesting font for the headings.

Other than that, it's nice. Anyway, that's all just how I see it, I could well be wrong
tomr7 is offline   Reply With Quote