Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #1
Toni

Default emailing videos

Help, I am a brand new digital camera owner. I have a Canon PowerShot SD750. I am having a terrible time emailing the videos that I have downloaded off the camera. What am I doing wrong.

Last edited by Toni : 29th of July 2007 (Sun) at 01:14. Reason: change wording
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #2
mkuriger

Default Re: emailing videos

what does "terrible time" mean? are you sending really huge files via email?
Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 30D | Canon 17-55mm F2.8 IS | Canon 70-200mm F4L | Canon 24-70mm F2.8L
mkuriger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #3
shannyD
"...in too much trouble"

Location: scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.

the files could just be too big. or if you want. you can actually create an account with youtube.com, and load them onto there, and then send people the link. and they dont have to be public videos. you can make them all private.
shannon
shannyD is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #4
Toni

When I tried to email a video a message came up that read "only JPEG images can be sent by email". So I tried to use "export videos". I found out that I needed to install QuickTime first, but I couldn't install the latest version because I don't have win XP or Vista. So I tried to find an older version of QuickTime. I found and installed QuickTime 5 for win 2000, but I don't think it's a free download, so I won't be able to keep it. It didn't work anyway. I tried to send the video to myself, it sent but wouldn't let me play it.
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #5
shannyD
"...in too much trouble"

Location: scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.

try youtube or photobucket. photobucket can load videos. it takes a while. but all you have to do is copy and paste the link into the email.
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #6
Toni

Thanks, I'll try youtube.
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #7
Toni

Photobucket, I've never heard of that one. I'll check it out.
Thanks.
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #8
shannyD
"...in too much trouble"

its a video hosting site. you can load all of your pictures in there, and load videos as well. its free and easy. and you can resize in there to post pictures on here.
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #9
Toni

I have Picasa2. Have you ever worked with that?
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #10
shannyD
"...in too much trouble"

no i have not. sorry.
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #11
mkuriger

quicktime runs in win2000 as well.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...orwindows.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
When I tried to email a video a message came up that read "only JPEG images can be sent by email". So I tried to use "export videos". I found out that I needed to install QuickTime first, but I couldn't install the latest version because I don't have win XP or Vista. So I tried to find an older version of QuickTime. I found and installed QuickTime 5 for win 2000, but I don't think it's a free download, so I won't be able to keep it. It didn't work anyway. I tried to send the video to myself, it sent but wouldn't let me play it.
Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 30D | Canon 17-55mm F2.8 IS | Canon 70-200mm F4L | Canon 24-70mm F2.8L
mkuriger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #12
Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

If you're being told your mail provider doesn't support anything but JPEGs, you're going to have to use some alternative method of delivery. If your ISP gives you some web space, you could post it there for downloading. Or you can use one of the galleries, or there's always Yousendit.com. The thing to remember about e-mailing videos is that they're big, and they'll fill up/jam up the recipient's mailbox while transferring. For that reason, one of the other approaches is better.

Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities

Image Posting Rules
and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #13
283CID

Precisely why I have not even been tempted to have a purely video camera! I have made some .avi files with the S3, but only the very shortest ones are small enough to E-Mail. I can't see writing a DVD for Postal Mailing. I've asked a number of people I've seen taking 'movies' what the did with them. The usual answer has been 'watch 'em in the Winter'... Phooey...
283CID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #14
Toni

I'll try QuickTime again. I ended up uninstalling it because I don't think it was a free download, something about the licence expires in 3 days? Thanx mkuriger.

Thanx Jon that's good to know.

283CID, I don't understand.
Do you mean that cameras should be for pictures and video cams should be for the movies, or that it's just to complicated to send videos through the mail.
Can you elaborate.
Old 29th of July 2007 (Sun)   #15
Toni

sorry mkuriger, here's your smiley.