Thread started 29 Jul 2007 (Sunday) 01:13   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Toni
Hatchling
Joined Jul 2007
8 posts
Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

Help, I am a brand new digital camera owner. I have a Canon PowerShot SD750. I am having a terrible time emailing the videos that I have downloaded off the camera. What am I doing wrong.:cry:

Post #1, Jul 29, 2007 01:13:56

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
mkuriger
Goldmember
Joined May 2007
1,105 posts
Valencia, California
[MORE/SHARE]

what does "terrible time" mean? are you sending really huge files via email?

Post #2, Jul 29, 2007 01:15:44

Michael Kuriger
My Myspaceexternal link
ikekuriger@gmail.com
Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 30D | Canon 17-55mm F2.8 IS | Canon 70-200mm F4L | Canon 24-70mm F2.8L

shannyD
"...in too much trouble"
Joined Jul 2007
5,219 posts
scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.
[MORE/SHARE]

the files could just be too big. or if you want. you can actually create an account with youtube.com, and load them onto there, and then send people the link. and they dont have to be public videos. you can make them all private.
shannon

Post #3, Jul 29, 2007 01:15:49

Toni
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jul 2007
8 posts
Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

When I tried to email a video a message came up that read "only JPEG images can be sent by email". So I tried to use "export videos". I found out that I needed to install QuickTime first, but I couldn't install the latest version because I don't have win XP or Vista. So I tried to find an older version of QuickTime. I found and installed QuickTime 5 for win 2000, but I don't think it's a free download, so I won't be able to keep it. It didn't work anyway. I tried to send the video to myself, it sent but wouldn't let me play it.

Post #4, Jul 29, 2007 01:29:34 as a reply to shannyD's post 13 minutes earlier.

shannyD
"...in too much trouble"
Joined Jul 2007
5,219 posts
scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.
[MORE/SHARE]

try youtube or photobucket. photobucket can load videos. it takes a while. but all you have to do is copy and paste the link into the email.

Post #5, Jul 29, 2007 01:37:14

sponsored links
Toni
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jul 2007
8 posts
Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

Thanks, I'll try youtube.

Post #6, Jul 29, 2007 01:37:53

Toni
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jul 2007
8 posts
Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

Photobucket, I've never heard of that one. I'll check it out.
Thanks.

Post #7, Jul 29, 2007 01:40:05

shannyD
"...in too much trouble"
Joined Jul 2007
5,219 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

its a video hosting site. you can load all of your pictures in there, and load videos as well. its free and easy. and you can resize in there to post pictures on here.

Post #8, Jul 29, 2007 01:41:10

Toni
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jul 2007
8 posts
Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

I have Picasa2. Have you ever worked with that?

Post #9, Jul 29, 2007 01:42:52

shannyD
"...in too much trouble"
Joined Jul 2007
5,219 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

no i have not. sorry.

Post #10, Jul 29, 2007 01:44:23

mkuriger
Goldmember
Joined May 2007
1,105 posts
Valencia, California
[MORE/SHARE]

quicktime runs in win2000 as well.

http://www.apple.com ...icktime652forwindow​s.htmlexternal link

Toni wrote in post #3628175external link
When I tried to email a video a message came up that read "only JPEG images can be sent by email". So I tried to use "export videos". I found out that I needed to install QuickTime first, but I couldn't install the latest version because I don't have win XP or Vista. So I tried to find an older version of QuickTime. I found and installed QuickTime 5 for win 2000, but I don't think it's a free download, so I won't be able to keep it. It didn't work anyway. I tried to send the video to myself, it sent but wouldn't let me play it.

Post #11, Jul 29, 2007 11:15:57

Michael Kuriger
My Myspaceexternal link
ikekuriger@gmail.com
Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 30D | Canon 17-55mm F2.8 IS | Canon 70-200mm F4L | Canon 24-70mm F2.8L

sponsored links
Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,184 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

If you're being told your mail provider doesn't support anything but JPEGs, you're going to have to use some alternative method of delivery. If your ISP gives you some web space, you could post it there for downloading. Or you can use one of the galleries, or there's always Yousendit.com. The thing to remember about e-mailing videos is that they're big, and they'll fill up/jam up the recipient's mailbox while transferring. For that reason, one of the other approaches is better.

Post #12, Jul 29, 2007 12:07:28

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

283CID
Joined May 2004
330 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Precisely why I have not even been tempted to have a purely video camera! I have made some .avi files with the S3, but only the very shortest ones are small enough to E-Mail. I can't see writing a DVD for Postal Mailing. I've asked a number of people I've seen taking 'movies' what the did with them. The usual answer has been 'watch 'em in the Winter'... Phooey...

Post #13, Jul 29, 2007 13:09:20 as a reply to Jon's post 1 hour earlier.

Toni
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jul 2007
8 posts
Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

I'll try QuickTime again. I ended up uninstalling it because I don't think it was a free download, something about the licence expires in 3 days? Thanx mkuriger.

Thanx Jon that's good to know.:-)

283CID, I don't understand.
Do you mean that cameras should be for pictures and video cams should be for the movies, or that it's just to complicated to send videos through the mail.
Can you elaborate. :-)

Post #14, Jul 29, 2007 13:37:25

Toni
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jul 2007
8 posts
Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

sorry mkuriger, here's your smiley.:-)

Post #15, Jul 29, 2007 13:38:19

LIST NEARBY THREADS