Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th of June 2002 (Mon)   #1
Natron

Default s200 case

I just got an s200 and am very happy with it. Even though it is small, I'm not really comfortable carrying it around in my pocket. Does anyone know of a simple, small carrying case for the s200 that has a belt clip on it? It seems like it would be a great way to carry the camera around.
Natron is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 24th of June 2002 (Mon)   #2
kq7x

Default Re: s200 case

I have an S110, and I believe it has the same dimensions s the S200 (or at least close); anyway, my S110 is 3 3/8" X 2 3/16" X 1 1/8". I picked up a belt clip case at a show about a year ago; it was made by Western Case Company in El Segundo, California. They have an 800 number on their tag on the case: 800-310-3023 which should work if you're in the USA. I don't find a web page for them, but maybe they will send you brochures/a catalog of their products if you give 'em a call.

I'm very happy with mine. It has a metal belt clip which will NOT come off accidentally...you have to work at it to get it off your belt, at least until you get the hang of it! It has a stong webbing loop that the clip goes on, and you can take the clip off if you want to put the case on your belt directly.

Downside of it is there's only room for the camera (dimensions above), and nothing else. That's my only wish...that it had a little pocket to carry an extra battery and/or CF Card. If you're interested, I can snap a few pics of mine & send 'em to you so you can get an idea. Once I have it on my belt , I literally forget it's there, unless it's over your pocket that you want to dig into for something!

Disblamer: Not affiliated with Western Case Co...just a satisfied customer!

Al
Salem Oregon
USA
kq7x@att.net
kq7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of June 2002 (Mon)   #3
Rustle

I use a Lowepro case (www.lowepro.com), which I'm pretty happy with. They have lots of different models and a beltloop system that's easy to remove off without undoing your belt, but very secure. I'm never worried about losing the camera when it's in the case.

Russ
Rustle is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 25th of June 2002 (Tue)   #4
Natron

Thanks for the helpful information. I can't believe that this isn't a more common type of case. It seems that there is a case with a belt clip designed for almost every type of cell phone produced, but not for ultracompact cameras like this one. The s200 really isn't much bigger that a modern cell phone.
Natron is offline   Reply With Quote