FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Thread started 24 Jun 2002 (Monday) 20:25   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Natron
Hatchling
Joined Jun 2002
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I just got an s200 and am very happy with it. Even though it is small, I'm not really comfortable carrying it around in my pocket. Does anyone know of a simple, small carrying case for the s200 that has a belt clip on it? It seems like it would be a great way to carry the camera around.

Post #1, Jun 24, 2002 20:25:47

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
kq7x
Hatchling
Joined Apr 2002
4 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I have an S110, and I believe it has the same dimensions s the S200 (or at least close); anyway, my S110 is 3 3/8" X 2 3/16" X 1 1/8". I picked up a belt clip case at a show about a year ago; it was made by Western Case Company in El Segundo, California. They have an 800 number on their tag on the case: 800-310-3023 which should work if you're in the USA. I don't find a web page for them, but maybe they will send you brochures/a catalog of their products if you give 'em a call.

I'm very happy with mine. It has a metal belt clip which will NOT come off accidentally...you have to work at it to get it off your belt, at least until you get the hang of it! It has a stong webbing loop that the clip goes on, and you can take the clip off if you want to put the case on your belt directly.

Downside of it is there's only room for the camera (dimensions above), and nothing else. That's my only wish...that it had a little pocket to carry an extra battery and/or CF Card. If you're interested, I can snap a few pics of mine & send 'em to you so you can get an idea. Once I have it on my belt , I literally forget it's there, unless it's over your pocket that you want to dig into for something!

Disblamer: Not affiliated with Western Case Co...just a satisfied customer!

Al
Salem Oregon
USA
kq7x@att.net

Post #2, Jun 24, 2002 21:35:38

Rustle
Joined Apr 2002
207 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I use a Lowepro case (www.lowepro.comexternal link), which I'm pretty happy with. They have lots of different models and a beltloop system that's easy to remove off without undoing your belt, but very secure. I'm never worried about losing the camera when it's in the case.

Russ

Post #3, Jun 24, 2002 21:55:08

Natron
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jun 2002
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Thanks for the helpful information. I can't believe that this isn't a more common type of case. It seems that there is a case with a belt clip designed for almost every type of cell phone produced, but not for ultracompact cameras like this one. The s200 really isn't much bigger that a modern cell phone.

Post #4, Jun 25, 2002 20:19:03

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,475 views & 0 likes for this thread
s200 case
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES