Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 19 Aug 2007 (Sunday) 19:52
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Wedding in Uganda for the Vice President of the Country

Mike ­ Fulton
457 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Texas
Aug 19, 2007 19:52 |  #1

Well his son at least!!!

More story telling images, but sadly I can not show you much more due to contracts and the subject which we were photographing I wanted to post a few fun snapshots of the wedding we shot in Africa for the Vice President of Uganda son and the third in charge of Kenya daughter. As well as some fun shots which we took throughout our travels overseas.

Again I feel we have much better shots and it kills me I can't show you all of them, so I hope this will hold everyone over for a while!

I will add to these over the next week or so but I wanted to start the thread and as I get some of the 50 gig of images processed I will post more. Yeah you read that right 50 freaking gig!

4 photographers in a different country with different cultures we tend to get shutter happy over a week

#1 - The Church in IR

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

#2 - An old Uganda Tradition, the elders of the groom's family puts on the ceremonial outfit and goes and gets the bride for the wedding

#3 - The Groom

#4 - The Bride

#5 - The Reception

#6 - Some Dancing

#7 - WOW they actually were dancing doing this also

#8 - The President of Uganda speaking at the wedding

I have a TON more I could show but I can't per the rules so I should get them online via my BLOG (external link) soon! Also check out some travelling pictures I posted HERE on the forum in the people section

Our Weddingsexternal link -- Our Seniorsexternal link -- Our Blogexternal link -- Our Wireless Flash and Video Light Workshopexternal link
Kodak's World Wide Photographers to Watch

sponsored links
Hassan2285
264 posts
Joined Dec 2005
Atlanta, Ga
Aug 19, 2007 19:59 |  #2

Great stuff Mike!!

I wish you were going to be doing a seminar in Atlanta, I would be all over this.

I have to say, when I clicked this thread, I thought it was going to be one of those Nigerian scams...

5D
580EX
Canon 24-70mm L F2.8
Canon 50mm 1.8 MkII
Hoping to add more soon

SamuraiJack
158 posts
Joined Aug 2007
Aug 19, 2007 20:49 |  #3

Wow...and all my requests for weddings in Uganda I blow off as a scam. Who would have thought... :D:D

Seriously though...nice photos and cool opportunity.

MALI
430 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Bloomington, IN
Aug 19, 2007 20:51 |  #4

Very nice pictures. How did you get contacted for a job like this anyway??

Canon 20D, 10-22, 24-70L,70-200L f/2.8 IS, 580 EX, RS-80N3, EP-EX15, BG-E2, E1.

Solaria
348 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Aug 19, 2007 20:55 |  #5

# 3 is incredible, simply incredible, though they are all wonderful!

Yes, I have the same question -- how did you get contracted for this assignment?

http://www.photography​bysolaria.com/photoblo​gexternal link

Jaythan
110 posts
Joined Jan 2007
Aug 19, 2007 21:15 |  #6

I agree with Solaria on #3, stunning capture. #5 is also an excellent image.

Great job Mike.

madhatter04
Goldmember
1,928 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Southern California
Aug 19, 2007 23:52 |  #7

Wow! The bride is beautiful! Great shots! It must have been such an experience to shoot a wedding in a different country.

www.alexanderfitch.com (external link) | AlexFitchDesign on Instagram (external link)

Kai
Goldmember
1,131 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Kansas
Aug 20, 2007 00:05 |  #8

Can't wait to see more. Who are the cars for?

I really like #3 and #4

notapro
Goldmember
2,540 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Southwestern Ontario
Aug 20, 2007 00:09 |  #9

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity to experience something totally different and such a fun way to be introduced to a new culture. Can't wait to see more! These are terrific.

Amanda

Ontario Wedding Photographer external link| My Blogexternal link

ieatstars
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2007
All over the place
Aug 20, 2007 00:09 |  #10

Wow! These photos are gorgeous. Their culture bursts out of each photo. Thanks for sharing! :)

flickr (external link)
Be my fan on F a c e b o o k! (external link) :D

thekid24
pro-zack-lee
8,545 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Oklahoma City,OK
Aug 20, 2007 00:10 |  #11

The one of the groom is friggin brilliant. GQ'n all the way.

Ive always wondered about the different things photogs tell their models when they want to achieve a certain look.

What did you tell him to get that look?

flickrexternal link

Carbohydrate
400 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Calgary, Alberta
Aug 20, 2007 00:22 |  #12

Amazing photos!

And 50GBs worth of photos! That'll take a while to sort through =P

looks like you've really got some winners here. I'm going to have to agree and say that the portrait of the groom is outstanding, as well as #6. Good eye!

motogeno
317 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Baton Rouge, LA
Aug 20, 2007 01:12 as a reply to Carbohydrate's post |  #13

Awesome! I really hope to be as well versed, cultured, traveled, and paid as you one day Mike!! Oh yeah, did I mention as talented too!:lol:

www.chrisgenovese.comexternal link
4 30D's with battery grip, 1 Rebel XT with battery grip, 2 580ex's with Battery Packs, ST-E2 ETTL Transmitter, 85mm 1.2L, 50mm 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 70-200mm 2.8L, 16mm 2.8 Fisheye, 17 - 40 4.0L

Jaythan
110 posts
Joined Jan 2007
Aug 20, 2007 02:13 |  #14

50 gigs!!! Wow, I wouldn't want to be the one to go through that batch.

Mike ­ Fulton
THREAD ­ STARTER
457 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Texas
Aug 20, 2007 02:57 |  #15

Hassan2285 wrote in post #3757056external link
Great stuff Mike!!
I wish you were going to be doing a seminar in Atlanta, I would be all over this.
I have to say, when I clicked this thread, I thought it was going to be one of those Nigerian scams...

I will be in TN next month (check out www.findingcolor.comexternal link for more information and HAHAHAHAHAHA on the scam I must admit that did go through my mind quite a few times on the 18 hour flight!

SamuraiJack wrote in post #3757269external link
Wow...and all my requests for weddings in Uganda I blow off as a scam. Who would have thought...
Seriously though...nice photos and cool opportunity.

Thanks for the nice words, they were all AMAZING people, some of the best we have ever met!

MALI wrote in post #3757276external link
Very nice pictures. How did you get contacted for a job like this anyway??

We do weddings all over the world, this year along only two weddings we have drove to the rest we had to fly, its just what we have gotten to be known for and word spreads. We do not advertise for this its all word of mouth. Also I feel our speaking engagements around the U.S. and world as well as the Wedding Books that we are in helps alot. A client picks up Grace Ormonde or Martha Stewart Magazine and sees our work in the pages, it sure does help :)

Solaria wrote in post #3757301external link
# 3 is incredible, simply incredible, though they are all wonderful!
Yes, I have the same question -- how did you get contracted for this assignment?

Thanks for the nice words, see above for the answer on how we get contracted for these types of jobs. Also I might add I feel knowing photographers all over the world, sharing knowledge freely and not being stuck up jerk about it, truly has been one of our biggest assests in our business. We get so many weddings from other amazing photographers which are our friends we end up travelling a lot.

photo_hobby wrote in post #3757404external link
I agree with Solaria on #3, stunning capture. #5 is also an excellent image.
Great job Mike.

Thanks a ton! Really means alot you took the time to post!

madhatter04 wrote in post #3758288external link
Wow! The bride is beautiful! Great shots! It must have been such an experience to shoot a wedding in a different country.

Its more work than fun I promise, having done this alot around the world airports are horrible sometimes about your gear and how they treat it. However once you get out of the airport it can be fun sometimes, but still work, lots of work!

Audra wrote in post #3758350external link
Can't wait to see more. Who are the cars for?
I really like #3 and #4

The cars were for the bride and groom and are over 1 million dollars each in their country. Yeah you read that right :)

notapro wrote in post #3758371external link
Wow, what a fantastic opportunity to experience something totally different and such a fun way to be introduced to a new culture. Can't wait to see more! These are terrific.

The culture was truly amazing, fun and interesting. Always something interesting to see and watch, sometimes so much we would forget to shoot. :)

ieatstars wrote in post #3758375external link
Wow! These photos are gorgeous. Their culture bursts out of each photo. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for taking the time and posting, truly means alot!

thekid24 wrote in post #3758382external link
The one of the groom is friggin brilliant. GQ'n all the way.
Ive always wondered about the different things photogs tell their models when they want to achieve a certain look.
What did you tell him to get that look?

Nothing really this was an unposed image, taken while he was waiting for his bride to get some images taken of her and her girls after the wedding on the shoreline of Lake Victoria in Uganda. The light was nice and this is just naturall him. We usually are the clients friends and not just hired help so it is pretty easy to get them to relax in front of the camera with us. Not always but most of the time this is the case.

Carbohydrate wrote in post #3758436external link
Amazing photos!
And 50GBs worth of photos! That'll take a while to sort through =P
looks like you've really got some winners here. I'm going to have to agree and say that the portrait of the groom is outstanding, as well as #6. Good eye!

Thanks and yeah it is the horrible part of the wedding event normally but these are so fun and different it went by pretty fast! Thanks for the nice words!

motogeno wrote in post #3758659external link
Awesome! I really hope to be as well versed, cultured, traveled, and paid as you one day Mike!! Oh yeah, did I mention as talented too!

HA WHATEVER you got some mad skills my friend to the East. Its passion that drives me the rest just will come in time, I promise!

photo_hobby wrote in post #3758856external link
50 gigs!!! Wow, I wouldn't want to be the one to go through that batch.

Fast computers and several batches going on at the same time helps a tone, but honestly it was not as bad as you think, since as stated above these were different and almost every image reminded me of something from the once in a lifetime trip!

Our Weddingsexternal link -- Our Seniorsexternal link -- Our Blogexternal link -- Our Wireless Flash and Video Light Workshopexternal link
Kodak's World Wide Photographers to Watch

sponsored links

6,071 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wedding in Uganda for the Vice President of the Country
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.