FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 29 Aug 2007 (Wednesday) 09:40   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

moviemaker
Joined Jun 2006
200 posts
Ramsgate
[MORE/SHARE]

I have been after the 24-70mm 2.8 for some time. I had set myself a target of new weddings for this year befor I would buy it. Anyways, just aproaching my target, then I heard about the new 15mm fisheye. Anyways, said target met and then I was torn between the 24-70 an the 15mm. Unfortunately, my wife wasn't happy about me getting both, so I opted for the 15mm. Bearing in mind, I have a 28-105 on one of my bodies already, along with a stack of other lenses

A BIG thumbs up to Kerso. Top bloke. You MUST buy from him if you haven't done so already!!!. I paid the money into his account on the Wednesday and by Friday (Just after lunch) I received my lens. It couldn't have come at a better time, as I had a wedding on Sunday, which I was dying to try it out the new lens.

Speedy delivery and VERY well packed. 10/10 for everything.

One of the guys at work has a 350 and I tried it on that right away. The results were amazing. I got home that evening and slapped it on my 5D and the results? Were even better than fantastic on a FF body.

I know, I know. where are the pictures. I will get some posted soon.

I had so much fun with this lens, not having used one before. I was taking photos of everything when not using the other body. It was brilliant experimenting with this and some of the shots were WOW, that looks different.

If anyone is thinking about getting this lens. DON'T think, you must definately get it. If you are thinking of getting some wild shots, definately get this lens, I can't say this enough.

I will have to hold off a little while, until I reach my next target of new bookings to get my 24-70 at a later date.

Post #1, Aug 29, 2007 09:40:25

|| 5D || Canon 70-200 USM IS L || Another 5D || 28-105 USM || Tamron 70-300 || Sigma 70-200 || 2x Converter || Extension tubes || 580EX || 550EX || Canon 15mm Fisheye || Canon CP-E4 || Lowepro AW CompuTrekker ||

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
deltroid
Joined Apr 2007
650 posts
Porto Alegre, RS - Brazil
[MORE/SHARE]

moviemaker wrote in post #3820003external link
I know, I know. where are the pictures. I will get some posted soon.

I don't wanna hear it...post some shots and call again! :D Congrats with this neat lens...have fun with it! I just got a 10-20mm for my XTi and I'm already blown away...can't imagine what you're going through, in a good way. :)

Post #2, Aug 29, 2007 09:59:07

5DmkII|Sigma 85 1.4|Sigma 35 1.4|Canon 50 f/1.4|Sigma 150 2.8 MACRO|430 EX II|
Flickr
external link

picturecrazy
soft-hearted weenie-boy
Joined Jan 2006
8,504 posts
Alberta, CANADA
[MORE/SHARE]

Wow you chose a fisheye over a bread and butter 24-70? I'm not a fan of the 24-70L at all, but I would think a fast primary lens would be much higher on the priority list. The fisheye is neat, but don't overdo it! It's good for probably a dozen shots per wedding. which is why I'm confused why you bought that first.

oh well.. different strokes. so post some pics.

Post #3, Aug 29, 2007 10:02:32

-Lloyd
BOUDOIR WEBSITE: The BOUDOIR - Edmonton Intimate Boudoir Photographyexternal link
Lifestyle Website: Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographersexternal link
Facebookexternal link | Twitterexternal link | Gear

moviemaker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2006
200 posts
Ramsgate
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi Pic crazy,

other than the 28-105, I'm also using a 70-200 2.8 L IS. I've been doing pretty well on the 28-105. I must admit the 24-70 would be faster, but as most of my weddings aren't dimly lit, it wasn't too much of a priority.

The 15mm gives me something the other lenses don't.

You're right, You can easily overdo it with this.

I only intend on using a dozen shots max, but most of it was just playing around to see how things would look taken with this lens. Of course there are some shots that will definately not work. But , there's only one way to find out and that's to take it. :0)

Post #4, Aug 29, 2007 10:10:02

|| 5D || Canon 70-200 USM IS L || Another 5D || 28-105 USM || Tamron 70-300 || Sigma 70-200 || 2x Converter || Extension tubes || 580EX || 550EX || Canon 15mm Fisheye || Canon CP-E4 || Lowepro AW CompuTrekker ||

Grace
something cute
Joined May 2006
7,629 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

POST THE PICS!

:)

Post #5, Aug 30, 2007 07:44:29

- Grace -

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
616 views & 0 likes for this thread
Picked up a new 15mm Fisheye
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES