Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Weddings and Other Family Events
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of August 2007 (Wed)   #1
moviemaker

Thumbs up Picked up a new 15mm Fisheye

I have been after the 24-70mm 2.8 for some time. I had set myself a target of new weddings for this year befor I would buy it. Anyways, just aproaching my target, then I heard about the new 15mm fisheye. Anyways, said target met and then I was torn between the 24-70 an the 15mm. Unfortunately, my wife wasn't happy about me getting both, so I opted for the 15mm. Bearing in mind, I have a 28-105 on one of my bodies already, along with a stack of other lenses

A BIG thumbs up to Kerso. Top bloke. You MUST buy from him if you haven't done so already!!!. I paid the money into his account on the Wednesday and by Friday (Just after lunch) I received my lens. It couldn't have come at a better time, as I had a wedding on Sunday, which I was dying to try it out the new lens.

Speedy delivery and VERY well packed. 10/10 for everything.

One of the guys at work has a 350 and I tried it on that right away. The results were amazing. I got home that evening and slapped it on my 5D and the results? Were even better than fantastic on a FF body.

I know, I know. where are the pictures. I will get some posted soon.

I had so much fun with this lens, not having used one before. I was taking photos of everything when not using the other body. It was brilliant experimenting with this and some of the shots were WOW, that looks different.

If anyone is thinking about getting this lens. DON'T think, you must definately get it. If you are thinking of getting some wild shots, definately get this lens, I can't say this enough.

I will have to hold off a little while, until I reach my next target of new bookings to get my 24-70 at a later date.
|| 5D || Canon 70-200 USM IS L || Another 5D || 28-105 USM || Tamron 70-300 || Sigma 70-200 || 2x Converter || Extension tubes || 580EX || 550EX || Canon 15mm Fisheye || Canon CP-E4 || Lowepro AW CompuTrekker ||
moviemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of August 2007 (Wed)   #2
deltroid

Default Re: Picked up a new 15mm Fisheye

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemaker View Post
I know, I know. where are the pictures. I will get some posted soon.
I don't wanna hear it...post some shots and call again! Congrats with this neat lens...have fun with it! I just got a 10-20mm for my XTi and I'm already blown away...can't imagine what you're going through, in a good way.

5DmkII|Sigma 85 1.4|Sigma 35 1.4|Canon 50 f/1.4|Sigma 150 2.8 MACRO|430 EX II|
Flickr
deltroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of August 2007 (Wed)   #3
picturecrazy
soft-hearted weenie-boy

Wow you chose a fisheye over a bread and butter 24-70? I'm not a fan of the 24-70L at all, but I would think a fast primary lens would be much higher on the priority list. The fisheye is neat, but don't overdo it! It's good for probably a dozen shots per wedding. which is why I'm confused why you bought that first.

oh well.. different strokes. so post some pics.
picturecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of August 2007 (Wed)   #4
moviemaker

Hi Pic crazy,

other than the 28-105, I'm also using a 70-200 2.8 L IS. I've been doing pretty well on the 28-105. I must admit the 24-70 would be faster, but as most of my weddings aren't dimly lit, it wasn't too much of a priority.

The 15mm gives me something the other lenses don't.

You're right, You can easily overdo it with this.

I only intend on using a dozen shots max, but most of it was just playing around to see how things would look taken with this lens. Of course there are some shots that will definately not work. But , there's only one way to find out and that's to take it. :0)
|| 5D || Canon 70-200 USM IS L || Another 5D || 28-105 USM || Tamron 70-300 || Sigma 70-200 || 2x Converter || Extension tubes || 580EX || 550EX || Canon 15mm Fisheye || Canon CP-E4 || Lowepro AW CompuTrekker ||
moviemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of August 2007 (Thu)   #5
Grace
something cute

POST THE PICS!