Thread started 10 Jul 2004 (Saturday) 21:11   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

arul_nandha
Mostly Lurking
Joined May 2004
12 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hello all,

In A80, how can we focus on different subject when those subjects are located in differnt distance (let us say 5ft, 7 ft, 10 ft, from left to right).

I see only one Centre point in Manual settings. I would appreciate if you could explain me how to change my focus on different subject?

Thanks alot.

Arul

Post #1, Jul 10, 2004 21:11:34

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
stopbath
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2003
1,537 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

arul_nandha wrote:
Hello all,

In A80, how can we focus on different subject when those subjects are located in differnt distance (let us say 5ft, 7 ft, 10 ft, from left to right).

I see only one Centre point in Manual settings. I would appreciate if you could explain me how to change my focus on different subject?

Thanks alot.

Arul

The usual way for the camera is to select center focus, and then aim at the subject, lock focus, recompose the shot with the subject where you want it in the image.

Post #2, Jul 13, 2004 13:21:32

Don ­ Schaeffer
Joined Nov 2003
174 posts
Winnipeg, Manitoba
[MORE/SHARE]

The trouble is that digital cameras use very short focal lenth lenses so that depth of field is very long (everything looks like its in focus). The best differential focus is achieved using software. Cut out the item you want sharp. Copy it to the buffer. In the image, use a blur or softening filter tomake everything blurry. Repaste the sharp element back into the photo.

--Don

Post #3, Jul 13, 2004 23:41:39

arul_nandha
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
Joined May 2004
12 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Without using any external software, how do we achived those focus? Because, i am not much familiar with software which is being used for after shot processing.

By the way, in A80 Portrait mode does the same effect. but i don't want to use any of those builtin setting, i just use M-manual mode for all the pictures am taking.

One more thing.. what is the use of P - program mode. is it just to set C1 and C2 custom settings or is it beyond that? And when i use P mode, i don't see any option to set shutter or aperture, why?? if we can set, please let me know.

Post #4, Jul 14, 2004 10:55:22

stopbath
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2003
1,537 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Auto : Everything is set by camera.
P : Basics such as ISO, Flash are set by you, exposure by camera
A : Basics and Aperture set by you, exposure by camera.
T: Basics and speed set by you, exposure by camera.
Manual : Everything set by you.

It's all in the degree of how much you want the camera to guess for you. (Auto = full guess work)

Post #5, Jul 14, 2004 12:38:20

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,172 views & 0 likes for this thread
Selective focus
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES