Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #1
cosworth
I'm comfortable with my masculinity

Default Lightroom 1.2 is available for download

Get it here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3728

Full frame and some primes.
cosworth is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #2
300Dplus

Default Re: Lightroom 1.2 is available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth View Post
Jason, you beat me to it by 30secs, ha, ha, ha.
D/L right now....

POTN Strap
Canon 5D MKII
Canon~Tamron
300Dplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #3
Glenn NK
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth View Post
Thank you very much.
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #4
cosworth

For the Mac folks:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3727

Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #5
asxu

it feels like it's running a lot faster on my system.
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #6
Glenn NK
Goldmember

Holy mackerel, it's twice the size of 1.1

And they fixed a bug that I had: Virtually every time when I change images in Develop mode, the left hand screen would come up. I would either hit F7, or the arrow and it would disappear, then next time it would come up again. Didn't matter if the setting was "Auto Hide and Show", "Auto Hide", or "Manual. Damn nuisance - even tried re-installing and that didn't cure it. But 1.2 so far is working fine, and I think faster too.

Last edited by Glenn NK : 14th of September 2007 (Fri) at 02:13.
Glenn NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #7
cosworth

seems faster...

Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #8
300Dplus

New on LR 1.2 (besides camera support):

Lightroom 1.2 includes corrections for the following issues:
● Lightroom 1.1 catalogs with user-specified sort order could not be imported into another catalog
● Lightroom 1.1 for Windows could at times display gray boxes instead of image thumbnails
● The preference to write XMP metadata automatically in Lightroom 1.1 could attempt to write metadata indefinitely for offline images causing significant performance problems
● Images could be dropped from the Quick Collection upon reordering of the source folder
● Catalogs could not be exported to drives smaller than 250MB
● The Web Module was not accessible in Lightroom 1.1 on the Macintosh platform when Lightroom was installed on case-sensitive volumes such as the Case Sensitive HFS+ (Journaled) volume
● Errors occurred exporting to a Linux SMB network volume
● Scroll position in the grid view was not maintained when changing the view option using the J shortcut key
● The tokens for image number and image count were not displaying properly in the Slideshow module
● The metadata panel could display incorrectly on Windows
● Slideshows on the Macintosh platform did not display properly when a 256MB ATI graphics card was connected to 30
" LCD
● The Lightroom 1.1 Web module export did not position the copyright tag in the same location displayed in the preview
● The auto-eject functionality on Windows ejected the card reader device in addition to the card
****Noise reduction adjustment for all cameras with Bayer Pattern sensor: The base point noise reduction applied at the demosaic stage of raw processing has been reduced. The resulting effect is that images with zero luminance noise reduction applied in Lightroom 1.2 will contain more noise than the identical settings in Lightroom 1.1 but less noise than identical settings in Lightroom 1.0.
● 1:1 previews were not discarded according to the timing set in the Lightroom preferences
● 1:1 previews are not built for an entire set of images when requested after import

****If I understand correctly, does this means that you would have to apply more noise reduction (loosing more detail) to get the same effect as in 1.1?

POTN Strap
Canon 5D MKII
Canon~Tamron
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #9
sbressler

Support for the 40D, as well as others (who cares about the others, though, anyway?)

Changelog:

Lightroom 1.2 includes corrections for the following issues:
● Lightroom 1.1 catalogs with user-specified sort order could not be imported into another catalog
● Lightroom 1.1 for Windows could at times display gray boxes instead of image thumbnails
● The preference to write XMP metadata automatically in Lightroom 1.1 could attempt to write metadata indefinitely for
offline images causing significant performance problems
● Images could be dropped from the Quick Collection upon reordering of the source folder
● Catalogs could not be exported to drives smaller than 250MB
● The Web Module was not accessible in Lightroom 1.1 on the Macintosh platform when Lightroom was installed on
case-sensitive volumes such as the Case Sensitive HFS+ (Journaled) volume
● Errors occurred exporting to a Linux SMB network volume
● Scroll position in the grid view was not maintained when changing the view option using the J shortcut key
● The tokens for image number and image count were not displaying properly in the Slideshow module
● The metadata panel could display incorrectly on Windows
● Slideshows on the Macintosh platform did not display properly when a 256MB ATI graphics card was connected to 30
" LCD
● The Lightroom 1.1 Web module export did not position the copyright tag in the same location displayed in the preview
● The auto-eject functionality on Windows ejected the card reader device in addition to the card
● Noise reduction adjustment for all cameras with Bayer Pattern sensor: The base point noise reduction applied at the
demosaic stage of raw processing has been reduced. The resulting effect is that images with zero luminance noise
reduction applied in Lightroom 1.2 will contain more noise than the identical settings in Lightroom 1.1 but less noise
than identical settings in Lightroom 1.0.
● 1:1 previews were not discarded according to the timing set in the Lightroom preferences
● 1:1 previews are not built for an entire set of images when requested after import
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #10
nutsnbolts
Goldmember

You beat me to it.
nutsnbolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #11
sbressler

haha Tom, you win this time
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #12
300Dplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbressler View Post
haha Tom, you win this time
Some you do, some you don't

POTN Strap
Canon 5D MKII
Canon~Tamron
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #13
sbressler

Assessment: nothing too amazing in the update, but hopefully the speed fixes will make a big difference. Obviously this is going to be great for all those 40D owners out there... (looking at you, Tom )
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #14
nutsnbolts
Goldmember

Wow, it is fast!...or faster.
nutsnbolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of September 2007 (Fri)   #15
basroil
Cream of the Crop

it is faster, and also sharper. with my mkiii, iso2500 looks better than in 1.1, though the difference is minimal. you may see more noise, but it leaves more detail, and the noise will not disrupt anything. if you increase NR to about 2-4, then it is the same as before. xmp data does write faster, and read seems to read faster too.

i repeat, you do not need to loose quality to get the same NR. the base level has changed so there's more detail (and noise) to begin with, so removing the noise will get you to something very similar to the 1.1 version
I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List
basroil is offline   Reply With Quote