Lightroom 1.2 is available for download

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 14 Sep 2007 (Friday) 00:26   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

cosworth
I'm comfortable with my masculinity
Joined Jul 2005
10,929 posts
Duncan, BC, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

Get it here:

http://www.adobe.com ...ads/detail.jsp?ftpI​D=3728external link

:cool:

Post #1, Sep 14, 2007 00:26:57

people will always try to stop you doing the right thing if it is unconventional
Full frame and some primes.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
300Dplus
Joined Dec 2004
355 posts
Miami, Florida
[MORE/SHARE]

Jason, you beat me to it by 30secs, ha, ha, ha.:lol:
D/L right now....

Post #2, Sep 14, 2007 00:29:58

Tom

POTN Strap :D
Canon 5D MKII
Canon~Tamron

Glenn ­ NK
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
4,629 posts
Victoria, BC
[MORE/SHARE]

Thank you very much.

Post #3, Sep 14, 2007 00:30:48

When did voluptuous become voluminous?

cosworth
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2005
10,929 posts
Duncan, BC, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

For the Mac folks:

http://www.adobe.com ...ads/detail.jsp?ftpI​D=3727external link

Post #4, Sep 14, 2007 00:32:59

people will always try to stop you doing the right thing if it is unconventional

asxu
Joined Aug 2007
946 posts
brisbane, australia
[MORE/SHARE]

it feels like it's running a lot faster on my system.

Post #5, Sep 14, 2007 00:46:10

tim. seventeen. male. simple. employed.
gear

sponsored links
Glenn ­ NK
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
4,629 posts
Victoria, BC
[MORE/SHARE]

Holy mackerel, it's twice the size of 1.1:eek:

And they fixed a bug that I had: Virtually every time when I change images in Develop mode, the left hand screen would come up. I would either hit F7, or the arrow and it would disappear, then next time it would come up again. Didn't matter if the setting was "Auto Hide and Show", "Auto Hide", or "Manual. Damn nuisance - even tried re-installing and that didn't cure it. But 1.2 so far is working fine, and I think faster too.

Post #6, Sep 14, 2007 00:51:17

When did voluptuous become voluminous?

cosworth
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2005
10,929 posts
Duncan, BC, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

seems faster...

Post #7, Sep 14, 2007 01:05:02

300Dplus
Joined Dec 2004
355 posts
Miami, Florida
[MORE/SHARE]

New on LR 1.2 (besides camera support):

Lightroom 1.2 includes corrections for the following issues:
● Lightroom 1.1 catalogs with user-specified sort order could not be imported into another catalog
● Lightroom 1.1 for Windows could at times display gray boxes instead of image thumbnails
● The preference to write XMP metadata automatically in Lightroom 1.1 could attempt to write metadata indefinitely for offline images causing significant performance problems
● Images could be dropped from the Quick Collection upon reordering of the source folder
● Catalogs could not be exported to drives smaller than 250MB
● The Web Module was not accessible in Lightroom 1.1 on the Macintosh platform when Lightroom was installed on case-sensitive volumes such as the Case Sensitive HFS+ (Journaled) volume
● Errors occurred exporting to a Linux SMB network volume
● Scroll position in the grid view was not maintained when changing the view option using the J shortcut key
● The tokens for image number and image count were not displaying properly in the Slideshow module
● The metadata panel could display incorrectly on Windows
● Slideshows on the Macintosh platform did not display properly when a 256MB ATI graphics card was connected to 30
" LCD
● The Lightroom 1.1 Web module export did not position the copyright tag in the same location displayed in the preview
● The auto-eject functionality on Windows ejected the card reader device in addition to the card
****Noise reduction adjustment for all cameras with Bayer Pattern sensor: The base point noise reduction applied at the demosaic stage of raw processing has been reduced. The resulting effect is that images with zero luminance noise reduction applied in Lightroom 1.2 will contain more noise than the identical settings in Lightroom 1.1 but less noise than identical settings in Lightroom 1.0.
● 1:1 previews were not discarded according to the timing set in the Lightroom preferences
● 1:1 previews are not built for an entire set of images when requested after import

****If I understand correctly, does this means that you would have to apply more noise reduction (loosing more detail) to get the same effect as in 1.1?

Post #8, Sep 14, 2007 01:09:46

Tom

Canon 5D MKII
Canon~Tamron

sbressler
Joined Jan 2007
613 posts
New York
[MORE/SHARE]

Support for the 40D, as well as others (who cares about the others, though, anyway?)

Changelog:

Lightroom 1.2 includes corrections for the following issues:
● Lightroom 1.1 catalogs with user-specified sort order could not be imported into another catalog
● Lightroom 1.1 for Windows could at times display gray boxes instead of image thumbnails
● The preference to write XMP metadata automatically in Lightroom 1.1 could attempt to write metadata indefinitely for
offline images causing significant performance problems
● Images could be dropped from the Quick Collection upon reordering of the source folder
● Catalogs could not be exported to drives smaller than 250MB
● The Web Module was not accessible in Lightroom 1.1 on the Macintosh platform when Lightroom was installed on
case-sensitive volumes such as the Case Sensitive HFS+ (Journaled) volume
● Errors occurred exporting to a Linux SMB network volume
● Scroll position in the grid view was not maintained when changing the view option using the J shortcut key
● The tokens for image number and image count were not displaying properly in the Slideshow module
● The metadata panel could display incorrectly on Windows
● Slideshows on the Macintosh platform did not display properly when a 256MB ATI graphics card was connected to 30
" LCD
● The Lightroom 1.1 Web module export did not position the copyright tag in the same location displayed in the preview
● The auto-eject functionality on Windows ejected the card reader device in addition to the card
● Noise reduction adjustment for all cameras with Bayer Pattern sensor: The base point noise reduction applied at the
demosaic stage of raw processing has been reduced. The resulting effect is that images with zero luminance noise
reduction applied in Lightroom 1.2 will contain more noise than the identical settings in Lightroom 1.1 but less noise
than identical settings in Lightroom 1.0.
● 1:1 previews were not discarded according to the timing set in the Lightroom preferences
● 1:1 previews are not built for an entire set of images when requested after import

Post #9, Sep 14, 2007 01:09:55

FOR SALE/TRADE: Canon EF 28-70 f/2.8L | Looking for a 1D Mark III? Look here!

Gear: Canon EOS 1D Mark III | Canon EOS 400D (XTi) | 35mm f/1.4L | 28-70mm 2.8L | 70-200mm 2.8L | 580EX II

nutsnbolts
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2007
2,279 posts
New Jersey, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

You beat me to it.

Post #10, Sep 14, 2007 01:10:16

Canon EOS 40D | EOS Rebel XTI/400D | G9
Lenses and Gear List
Review of my ThinkTank Gear

sbressler
Joined Jan 2007
613 posts
New York
[MORE/SHARE]

haha Tom, you win this time :)

Post #11, Sep 14, 2007 01:10:28

Gear: Canon EOS 1D Mark III | Canon EOS 400D (XTi) | 35mm f/1.4L | 28-70mm 2.8L | 70-200mm 2.8L | 580EX II

sponsored links
300Dplus
Joined Dec 2004
355 posts
Miami, Florida
[MORE/SHARE]

sbressler wrote in post #3926782external link
haha Tom, you win this time :)

Some you do, some you don't:lol:

Post #12, Sep 14, 2007 01:16:08

Tom

Canon 5D MKII
Canon~Tamron

sbressler
Joined Jan 2007
613 posts
New York
[MORE/SHARE]

Assessment: nothing too amazing in the update, but hopefully the speed fixes will make a big difference. Obviously this is going to be great for all those 40D owners out there... (looking at you, Tom :))

Post #13, Sep 14, 2007 01:20:13

nutsnbolts
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2007
2,279 posts
New Jersey, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Wow, it is fast!...or faster.

Post #14, Sep 14, 2007 01:24:17

Canon EOS 40D | EOS Rebel XTI/400D | G9
Lenses and Gear List
Review of my ThinkTank Gear

basroil
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2006
8,015 posts
STL/Clayton, MO| NJ
[MORE/SHARE]

it is faster, and also sharper. with my mkiii, iso2500 looks better than in 1.1, though the difference is minimal. you may see more noise, but it leaves more detail, and the noise will not disrupt anything. if you increase NR to about 2-4, then it is the same as before. xmp data does write faster, and read seems to read faster too.

i repeat, you do not need to loose quality to get the same NR. the base level has changed so there's more detail (and noise) to begin with, so removing the noise will get you to something very similar to the 1.1 version

Post #15, Sep 14, 2007 01:35:33

I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List

LIST NEARBY THREADS
12,293 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom 1.2 is available for download
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES