Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th of July 2002 (Fri)   #1
tombo

Default S30 & S40 Recalls

Has anyone heard that the S30 is being recalled. I learned yesterday at Ritz Camera that all their S30 & S40's were pulled from the shelf. Has anyone heard anything
tombo is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 19th of July 2002 (Fri)   #2
dusterbuster

Default Re: S30 & S40 Recalls

Hmm, haven't heard anything yet but I'd be interested to know. I have a Canon S40 that I purchased around November of last year. I've noticed an increasing number of pictures (particularly indoor pictures) that come out a bit fuzzy, where the image is made up of noticeable Red Green and Blue dots that look like static background noise or something. It doesn't happen all the time, but I figure something must be wrong.
dusterbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of July 2002 (Fri)   #3
Woodchuck

Default Re: S30 & S40 Recalls

I just got back from a local Camera store (Samy's Camera) in Pasadena, CA. They say they sell a huge number of S30 and S40 units and have not heard anything about a recall. I would think they would have been informed on a recall.

As a follow-up, I just got called the locat Ritz Camera Store in Arcadia, CA. and they have not been notified of a recall either. Strange.
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member