Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 06 Oct 2007 (Saturday) 17:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

North East Counties Premier Football

gazcoyle
529 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Oct 06, 2007 17:39 |  #1

A total change from my usual scene of RL and only the second ever game of football ive covered so any input from you guyd who shoot footy on a regular basis would be appreciated, match was Liversedge in blue against South Normanton in Red.

Not a good day for me, couldnt figure out the best position to take up and to cap it all midway through the second half my lens wouldn't auto focus for some reason, tried manual focus but none were in focus so packed up and went home.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

sponsored links
KIPAX
Goldmember
1,255 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 06, 2007 17:56 |  #2

All look good to me... trying to find somehting to say but there is nowt.. no critique at all.. look perfectly OK to me :)

Accept.. you ahvent detailed settings and no exif ?

In my tenth year as a Full time Sports Photographer.
living the dream at www.kipax.com (external link)

DarrenL
873 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 06, 2007 18:05 |  #3

Hope you get the lens sorted Gaz,

THe horizons on a few are a little wonky but like Kipax said, there is nothing from with them. Action is good and nicely isolated and there is a decent mix of action.

Top effort
Darren

www.dlactionimages.co.​uk (external link)
Sportsshooter Member (external link)

khall
Goldmember
3,803 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 06, 2007 19:12 |  #4

So its a visit to the lens doctor on Monday. I hope his diagnosis is not to painful.
Good action, clean pictures, in focus, what more to say.
You could say the bonus was an early tea.

YNWA.

musicmate
814 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 07, 2007 02:34 |  #5

Hope you get the lens sorted Gaz do u have a back up plan for todays games give me a shout if you need any help m8.

Canon EOS 1D Mark 111 Canon 300 f2.8 non IS, Sigma70-200 f2.8 Canon550exflash Sigma 1.4 Tc

gazcoyle
THREAD ­ STARTER
529 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Oct 07, 2007 04:35 |  #6

Thanks guys, i hardly ever leave exif intact, i usually use "save for web" unless im uploading photos which ive previously saved for the papers but as i dont need to send these in until Wednesday for Fridays paper i just saved for web.

Anyawy theyre all shot wide open f/2.8, forgot about trying f/4 but it was pretty overcast most of the game and most of these were at ISO 400 with a shutter of around 1/1000.

Lens problem seems to be related to the switch itself, it seems a little loose so hopefully not a big problem but will need looking at by Canon.

sponsored links

834 views & 0 likes for this thread
North East Counties Premier Football
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.