Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th of October 2007 (Fri)   #1
shrishan007

Default Canon A620 Memory Card Error

Hi,

I have this problem with my canon A620 camera and am posting to this forum for possible solutions.
1) I have had this camera for about 15 months and use a Kingston and a Sandisk SD cards on it.

2) About a week back the camera started complaining of the "card locked". I checked the SD cards (both Sandisk and Kingston) and they are NOT physically locked.

3) When I put the default cards supplied by Canon ( the 16 MB ones which do not have a physical lock on them) in my Canon A620, the camera is able to shoot pictures.

4) I put these cards on my Canon camcoder and the cards are write able, no issues here.

5) I tried this too --> I formated the card on the computer, the card was formatted. When I moved it to the camera, the SD card is still not write able, so the formating option on the camera is greyed out (non functional).

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks!
shrishan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 25th of October 2007 (Thu)   #2
shrishan007

Default Re: Canon A620 Memory Card Error

For people who are looking for answers to this problem....I was able to fix this issue.

• Open the SD card slot in the camera.
• When you look through the slot, you would see a yellow metal protruding out on the side where the SD Cards lock would fit.
• Take a piece of hard paper and push this metal in (it will not go in fully)
• Try the card back on in the camera, it worked for me…..

The following post by Jon from this forum actually helped me…

Try shining a light into the camera's SD slot and look for any kind of
obstructions and whether the contacts look clean. It might even be
worth trying to find an SD card slot cleaning kit. At the least try
cleaning the card contacts.
shrishan007 is offline   Reply With Quote